PDA

View Full Version : flyer distribution

dekalb lawn man
03-10-2007, 01:30 AM
Has anyone ever tried standing in front of a Lowes, Home Depot, grocery store or for that matter any kind of store and handed out flyers to people as they walk out. I was thinking about asking some local stores if they would mind me doing this and having two of the nieghbor kids do this here and see what the results would be. I figure no wear and tear on the veicle plus a mass amount of flyers going out. Do you think this would work.

1MajorTom
03-10-2007, 01:38 AM
You wouldn't know who you were marketing to. Ex: The Lowes that I frequently shop at is 35 minutes away from my home. The Lowes, Home Depots etc that are in our area are usually in large shopping centers which pull in a lot of people from a lot of diffrent areas.
Personally I would try to market more specifically to neighborhoods that you actually want to service.

Raven386
03-10-2007, 01:56 AM
a lot of people would end up leaving them in their shopping carts.

Raven386
03-10-2007, 01:59 AM
just a waste of time,money and effort. like what has been said, try being more specific to neighborhoods. you'll be giving estimates all over your town and the neighboring towns.

dekalb lawn man
03-11-2007, 09:15 PM
I did not even think of the fact that people could be comming from out of down. Th at is a good point. I tried putting out a bunch of flyers in some of the newer subdivisions that are around and havnt had all that much luck. Maybe I should try some of the older areas as well.

sea ox
03-11-2007, 10:21 PM
just put a few on bulletin boards in stores around town. make sure your flyer stands out. we had a great response from that

Raven386
03-12-2007, 09:03 AM
that i have had luck from. the bulletin boards, all people in my town too. i try to put my cards up on every bulletin board i see, last year i probably got 5 calls. 4 from the local Blockbuster store.

Flow Control
03-12-2007, 10:16 AM
Home Cheapo and Lowes, who are you targeting: do it yourselfers? Kudos on thinking out of the box but I don't think it is a good idea, do the board thing, post your business cards on boards in Churches and where ever you can.

naughty62
03-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I have made it habit to do ,round # 1 on the first sunny saturday morning .Have several clients right next to the property . not to mention we mow and spray this property.Cheap advertisement.