PDA

View Full Version : Electric Start Conversion

TurfConcepts,Inc
03-10-2007, 10:57 AM
I have a wb with a 15hp Kaw recoil start engine. I want to convert it to electric start. The engine is model FH430V and is available with the electric start option. What I am wondering is how hard is this to do and where can I get a parts lists with part numbers?

Thanks.

GreenN'Clean
03-10-2007, 12:20 PM
I have a 17hp kaw recoil engine I'm trying to covert to electric start myself. I'm waiting to hear back from cub cadet to see if they have a starter for it. I think you need starter,battery and a coil but not really sure. I should know by this week

TurfConcepts,Inc
03-11-2007, 01:42 AM
Thanks, let me know what you find out please.

topsites
03-13-2007, 03:36 PM
We did this once on an old 52" float deck, the hardest part by far is finding a place for the battery and then welding or otherwise permanently attaching some sort of bracket for it.
Once we got that, the rest wasn't bad, but my motor had a starter already on it (probably have to order this from a dealer if you don't), the only other thing is you might need an electrical diagram for the battery recharge system, we never got ours hooked up so every night the battery got put on a plug-in charger (and you can jump-start it from the truck as well, but...)

Beyond that, you need some wiring and a waterproof depressable switch so you can engage the starter.

TurfConcepts,Inc
03-13-2007, 07:14 PM
Thanks, I'm waiting on a parts list from Kawasaki. I'm pretty good at metal fab, so hopefully the battery box won't be to bad.