PDA

View Full Version : Shop Pics

W.L.S.27
03-10-2007, 05:05 PM
Snapped a few pictures today. Temp's are in the 60's here. I cant wait to get started!

-Chris

mattfromNY
03-10-2007, 05:11 PM
Much neater and more organized than mine! Now that plowing is mostly over, maybe I can organize stuff before the spring rush!!
Nice shop.
Get a sore A$$ on that dirtbike, eh??

MOW PRO LAWN SERVICE
03-10-2007, 05:17 PM
Gotta scag what year,electric start.

DaughtryLC
03-10-2007, 05:19 PM
I have the same spreader, works good but gotta keep the WD-40 on it so it don't rust, NICE shop!

bigcountry01
03-10-2007, 05:51 PM
how do you like your spreader? i saw it at lowes. looks like good quality and about half the price of a lesco spreader.

DaughtryLC
03-10-2007, 05:57 PM
It works good but its not SS so I make sure the fertilizer is blowed out well and shoot it with a little WD before I store it

Matts lawn care
03-10-2007, 06:21 PM
looks great. Only 1 problem wheres your fluid film! :nono: just kidding
You have quite a collection of equipment now.

All_Clear
03-10-2007, 08:35 PM
Well i was also going to ask about the tow behind spreader but since thats been covered.... How do you like that little hobby welder and what did it run you if you don't mind me asking.

Nice shop you got there, looks nice and clean.

Nathan
All Clear

deereman
03-10-2007, 09:04 PM
Looks good...............but that Deere mower there needs some air in that tire or you will be leaving an ugly cut!

KS_Grasscutter
03-10-2007, 09:11 PM
Looks nice. One question though. How do your parents like you taking up their WHOLE garage? My parents are mad enough about me just using up the "extra" space, but still have room for both the car and dad's truck.

dcondon
03-10-2007, 10:41 PM
Your off to a good start:)

W.L.S.27
03-10-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the compliments everyone!
mattfromNY, I'm in the process or completely re-building that bike... I dont think it would be very much fun w/o a seat :hammerhead: lol!

mowpro, I believe the scag is a 2003, no electric start, but I love the thing. It's built like a tank

matts lawn care, Funny you ask, just finished ordering a few bottles for this
season! its great stuff!

deerman, The John Deere is my dads... it was the mower I used when I first started out. It's really taken a beating simply because its not meant for commercial use. I went and cleaned out the barn a couple days back and I found it sitting there, so today I went through the whole thing and replaced all the filters, hoses, belts, pulleys, sharpened the blades, new plugs, fuel & air filters, several gaskets here and there and a BUNCH of de-greaser. The tire is the next and final thing on the list to get it like new. I'll take some pictures of it when I'm all finished.

All_Clear, I bought the welder for about $150.00 I believe. It's a stick welder and it works excellent for the price (wouldn't expect anything less from a Lincoln) but I recently purchased a Hobart 140 MIG and you just cant beat wire feed... its sooo much easier to lay a good bead. So, if your going to spend money on a welder, go with wire feed.

KS_Grasscutter, I only have the garage for the winter, I will be moving out to the barn shortly. There is a real problem with mice back there during the winter, plus its not heated. So my parents let me set up shop in the garage for this winter. I will be putting up a brand new pole barn with heat and utilities sometime this season... and my parents know that so their alright with it for now.

For everyone that's asked about the spreader... it works well. No problems yet, just keep spryain it w/ WD-40!

Again, thanks for the compliments... keep em coming!
-Chris

All_Clear
03-11-2007, 04:47 PM
For everyone that's asked about the spreader... it works well. No problems yet, just keep spryain it w/ WD-40!

Try fluid film it beats WD hands down! I love the stuff. Give it a try.

Nathan
All Clear

Dano50
03-12-2007, 04:42 PM
Try fluid film it beats WD hands down! I love the stuff. Give it a try.

Nathan
All Clear

Thanks Nathan! Yes, if you haven't tried Fluid Film and live within the Continental United States, just pm me and I'll get a sample out. :cool2:

W.L.S.27
03-12-2007, 08:41 PM
Dano, I actually just received my sample... I just haven't found anything to use it on yet, I guess the spreader will be my first test specimen! Thanks so much for the free sample!

-Chris

W.L.S. Batavia Branch
03-17-2007, 08:51 PM
Hey that looks familiar... I was just over there last week! :dizzy: See you monday.

-Joe

W.L.S. Batavia Branch
03-17-2007, 11:32 PM
hey that looks familiar... o yea i was there yesterday, man theres a lot of equipment in that garage.

J&R Landscaping
03-19-2007, 08:24 PM
Looks like a nice start!

What all are you doing on the dirt bike? What size is it?

porter lawncare
04-03-2007, 09:15 PM
exmark r junk

lawntimenosee
04-03-2007, 11:13 PM
exmark r junk

What a great, informative, and helpful post... THANKS !

metro36
04-04-2007, 07:46 PM
How much do you want to bet that this guy doesnt know what a commercial mower is!!! :laugh: :laugh:

metro36
04-04-2007, 07:48 PM
exmark r junk

I meant to quote this post sorry. ^^^:hammerhead:

J&R Landscaping
04-05-2007, 12:05 PM
exmark r junk

What are you running that is by far the more superior brand of choice then?

South Florida Lawns
07-30-2007, 07:00 PM
I run toro if anyone cares!

Dano50
07-31-2007, 11:23 AM
Dano, I actually just received my sample... I just haven't found anything to use it on yet, I guess the spreader will be my first test specimen! Thanks so much for the free sample!

-Chris

You bet, Chris! If you have a lock that's trouble, or any squeaky hinges, try a squirt and they'll be fixed for years, most likely.