PDA

View Full Version : Haulmark VS Continental Cargo?

mountaineer
03-10-2007, 11:48 PM
I'm looking at 6'x14' trailers and am down to either Continental Cargo(with Northwest package) or Haulmark (Haulmark transport dlx).

Haulmark is about $700 less, but is basically lacking the floor vents and all but the front stonegaurds.

My main issue with Continental is the inside walls are wood, I can imagine them getting damaged in no time.

Not sure which would be a better buy. I really know little bout CC, haven't noticed any around. Any suggestions?

Any idea how good 'floor through vents' are?

Pioneer01
03-11-2007, 02:05 PM
I have a CC with the wood walls and don't have any holes yet, the key is to make sure everthing is tied down good. That trailer is one big heavy SOB and built like a tank... with fuel prices the way they are I bought a little 6X12 open that I can do all my residential customers out of and drag out the 24 footer when I do the large jobs.

mountaineer
03-11-2007, 11:28 PM
Yeah the 24' is a whole different trailer than this one. Any one else have a CC?

TWUllc
03-11-2007, 11:40 PM
CC here. No problems. Paint the walls and floors, and prolockers. Done.

Eclipse
03-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Aren't all inside walls wood?

There are so many different models of individual trailers it is tough to say which one is a better trailer. Both Haulmark and CC make different level quality trailers.

I would look at the overall construction of the trailer and compare the two to see which one might be a better built trailer.

mountaineer
03-12-2007, 12:17 AM
The Haulmarks I've seen have lauan lined walls. Admittedly I don't know what lauan is, but it is quite hard. Will look it up. Seemed like a good protective material.

mountaineer
03-12-2007, 12:21 AM
Lauan seems be Phillipine mahogany. Looked more to me like an arborite.

Eclipse
03-12-2007, 12:26 AM
I thought luan was a woody material. It seems very flimsy as compared to plywood.