PDA

View Full Version : JobClock Systems

Flow Control
03-11-2007, 10:47 AM
Wondering if any of you use the JobClock systems by exaktime or similar products. Was thinking of the palmpilot one for my service trucks.

Lawn Tek
03-11-2007, 11:30 AM
we use telenav tracking , 10.00 per month , employees clock in on thier phone , and i always know where they are at and how long they stayed there . I can go back 4 weeks later and look at a report if a customer questions a bill ,print it and give to the customer and say you are wrong now pay me . job clock is obsolete now . i can also tell how fast they are driving my trucks .

BSME
03-11-2007, 11:33 AM
ICS you get any prices yet?

I know it depends on how many employees you have and whatnot... I thought about getting a quote but never got around to it. PM me if you ever get any prices and let me know what it looks like please.

Flow Control
03-11-2007, 11:36 AM
The prices I got were about a G per unit, was just looking into getting one or two though, gonna check out what the other guy said for $10 a month, when I looked into that type of system they were like $30 per month with a multi year contract.

Flow Control
03-11-2007, 11:38 AM
we use telenav tracking , 10.00 per month , employees clock in on thier phone , and i always know where they are at and how long they stayed there . I can go back 4 weeks later and look at a report if a customer questions a bill ,print it and give to the customer and say you are wrong now pay me . job clock is obsolete now . i can also tell how fast they are driving my trucks .

Is that service via your cell phone company

Lawn Tek
03-11-2007, 12:05 PM
I have Nextel but its probably avaible with other carriers . Look online its called Telenav Tracking . Man a grand a uint for job clock that would be a bad investment compared to Telenav , which is only 10.00 per month

BSME
03-11-2007, 12:20 PM
you can go here to see if it works on the phone you already have

looks pretty good

http://www.telenav.com/products/tn/devices/

Flow Control
03-11-2007, 02:14 PM
I have alltel for my phone and supplied revol phones for my workers. Was talking to a nextel resaler and if you own a seasonal company you can just have your phones turned off during your down time. If you sign a 2 yr contract it is 48 months of actual use so if you use your phones 6 months a season it would be 4 calendar years for the contract. Was thinking of buying a couple of nextels for the 2 way use of them and charging the workers for any cell minutes they used.

Lawn Tek
03-11-2007, 02:33 PM
Telenav does much more than tracking and job clock in . It can also give GPS directions by picture or even voice directions . You can tag your workers and they can have turn by turn directions to your location . Also makes them so much more productive , stops the 15 minute 7/11 coffe stop .Ever have a customer say you did not service them ? Well a breadcrumb print out stops all of that nonsense .

Flow Control
03-11-2007, 02:46 PM
Lawn Tek,

Besides the $10 per month you have to add the browser time too right?

Lawn Tek
03-11-2007, 02:57 PM
It cost you nothing to track your employees phones other than 10.00per month .I can view them from any computer any where , [while on a cruise ship ha ha ] . Data like directions from one phone to another is like cell minutes I think , I haven't looked at a bill in a while . Think of the benifits and safety while your out at 2 am doing snow removal , dispatcher knows where his crews are and can send them to calls that come in along the way saving time and money

Flow Control
03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Think I will try it, what carrier do you use for the phones

Red Wagon
03-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Wondering if any of you use the JobClock systems by exaktime or similar products. Was thinking of the palmpilot one for my service trucks.

I just bought 2 jobclock palm pilots with protective case and the 2 palm pilots, and the software for $1635.00

Lawn Tek
03-11-2007, 03:06 PM
Want a county boy Lojack theft system ? Heres what I would do . Take your telenav tracking phone and hide it at night inside your enclosed trailer . You wake up and its been stolen . Go on the computer and track your stolen equipment and tell the cops !

BSME
03-11-2007, 03:28 PM
ICS... don't you have a smart phone or something?

I use cingular and have a qwerty smart phone... it has unlimited data so i can check my email, browse, whatever.

so if you already have data for that it's only the $10 a month i guess...

I wish cingular had as good as a push to talk as nextel. I think i'm going to get a couple nextels as well for the trucks. The Nextels, I have noticed, work better with this service as well...

Flow Control
03-11-2007, 04:15 PM
BSME

Yep, I have a Trio through Alltel, I agree with you about nextel and pretty sure that is the way I am going to go regarding work phones, since all the LCO's & suppliers we work with have them

How is the house?