PDA

View Full Version : Li New York Are We Ready?

creatived
03-11-2007, 02:29 PM
THE WEATHER JUST BROKE AND SO ARE MY POCKETS. I AM LOCATED IN THE HAMPTONS AND THIS IS MY SECOND YEAR IN BUSINESS I HAVE A GOOD MARKETING PLAN THE NECESSARY EQUIPMENT AND THE DRIVE TO MAKE SOME MONEY. I WOULD LIKE TO MEET SOME OTHER SCAPERS FROM LONG ISLAND AND GET A LITTLE INPUT ON THEIR SUCESS IT HELPS MOTIVATE ME!:usflag: :usflag: :usflag: :usflag:

CHEVY 3500 RACK DUMP
CHEVY 1500 PICKUP
16FT ENCLOSED TRAILER
60'' LAZER
48 WB
REDMAX BLOWERS
ECHO TRIMMERS

ManorD24
03-11-2007, 11:48 PM
Yea, nice weather like today really makes you want to get out and get going. Watch, next week it will probably be cold again and who knows the way the weather has been we will get the biggest snow fall of the season.

lawnboy150
03-13-2007, 07:38 PM
next week they say it wont get to 40degrees on monday...I'm waiting to work. cant thatch,blowers will tear up the grass.....its too early for me.

Hollywood Landscaping
03-14-2007, 06:47 AM
Het guys , starting cleanups today.... Learned in the past by mid april the grass takes off and takes forever to cut. Have 225 accounts so time is of the essence as i need to finish by april 15th........See ya all out there with your **** kickers on!!!!!!!!

ManorD24
03-15-2007, 09:06 AM
Yea, nice weather like today really makes you want to get out and get going. Watch, next week it will probably be cold again and who knows the way the weather has been we will get the biggest snow fall of the season.

I quess i spoke too soon. We have a WINTER STORM WATCH!!! And i just tucked the plow away for the season.

jt5019
03-15-2007, 09:58 AM
I think people jumped the gun on spring cleanups around here. We have a winter storm watch and the chance for some heavy snow fri and sat. Plows are going back on today :dizzy:

lawnboy150
03-15-2007, 11:16 AM
no doubt..they say we're getting 6+ inches into saturday am...the guys that cleaned parking lots jumped the gun & will have to re-clean those lots & proble only get paid once by the owners.....march is the most screwed up month...thats why I dont start up until the last week in march or april 1st. To me ....its not worth the aggrivation to start earlier.

lawnboy150
03-16-2007, 11:45 AM
heavy snow in huntington....10:45 am on friday....we'll be plowin tonite!!!

ManorD24
03-16-2007, 06:16 PM
Looks just like the Valentines Day Storm here, heavy sleet w/ snow, freezing rain mixed in. Hope it doesnt flash freeze like that storm tonight.

lawnboy150
03-18-2007, 12:46 PM
well that storm certainly sucked......set us back 2weeks..its going to be wet out for a while while this stuff tries to melt....

creatived
03-18-2007, 01:15 PM
Last Week Was A Tease And Then Snow This Weather Is Bizarre It Is Going To Take Forever To Dry Out Now!!!!

lawnboy150
03-18-2007, 01:28 PM
march is ALWAYS a screwed up month.....thats why I never plan on working in march....some guys were doing cleanups the other day...now all this ice/wind & snow made a total mess again...sticks & branches everywhere & sand on the front of the lawns from the sanders & plows....April 1st is when I'll start.

paponte
03-19-2007, 07:06 PM
I don't think we'll be out till April now. Thats fine, have plenty to do at the shop. I was laughing all night as we were spreading the cr@p out of lots that I know got cleanups already. Like it was said, think alot of guys had a bad winter and jumped the gun way to early. We started construction 2 weeks ago and we have a hold on that for now, but lawns wouln't be going till at least the end of the month. Can only play what your dealt! :)