PDA

View Full Version : Okay, Hustler, reassure me...

irishsoul
03-11-2007, 02:31 PM
I intend to purchase a mini z 19/52. The only reason it's not in my shop right now is that I'm unsure of the engine size/capabilities. This will be my first season as a lawn professional and I don't want to make a big mistake going in. I will be mowing in north/central Georgia (covington) and of course mowing daily. No golf courses or mortar ranges but I will be putting the machine through its paces --- will the Kaw 19hp be up to the task? Anything you can tell me and any comparisons you can draw will be greatly appreciated! Thanks muchly! -Matt-

mowerconsultant
03-11-2007, 09:16 PM
The 19/52 Mini Z is among the most popular units we sell.
It is a full commercial unit and with a great engine.
That 19 is plenty powerful for 99% of the applications it is used for.
As long as your not mowing way to tall grass you will be fine.

Pj

gene gls
03-11-2007, 09:20 PM
I intend to purchase a mini z 19/52. The only reason it's not in my shop right now is that I'm unsure of the engine size/capabilities. This will be my first season as a lawn professional and I don't want to make a big mistake going in. I will be mowing in north/central Georgia (covington) and of course mowing daily. No golf courses or mortar ranges but I will be putting the machine through its paces --- will the Kaw 19hp be up to the task? Anything you can tell me and any comparisons you can draw will be greatly appreciated! Thanks muchly! -Matt-

Bite the bullet and get a bigger engin. You will be glad you did by the end of the season.....

sildoc
03-11-2007, 09:21 PM
The 19/52 Mini Z is among the most popular units we sell.
It is a full commercial unit and with a great engine.
That 19 is plenty powerful for 99% of the applications it is used for.
As long as your not mowing way to tall grass you will be fine.

Pj

PJ,
what is the deffinition of "way to tall grass"
I have cut grasses 4ft tall and grasses 2" tall and in this case the 4ft tall was not tall enough to slow down the machine but the 2" tall was. I know before the supper engine hypes there were many large decks out there with small engines and they did fine. Although slow they did the job. Now with the larger engines we are actually able to make some money on the larger decks. I always look for a 40% ratio deck to engine size.

Palmer'sLS
03-11-2007, 10:23 PM

DISCLAIMER:gonna be honest here pj;

i have the same model you are lookin at irishsoul. Love the quality of the machine. Love the company. Love my dealer. Not so much love for the machines capabilities. Its just too UNDERpowered. Yes it WILL cut grass, at full speed? no. At 3/4 speed? no. At 1/2 speed? Maybe. Mulch kit? don't even think about it. If i could do it all over, I'd buy a hustler z, not a Super mini, or a SUPER z...a hustler z. IMO, the oversized pumps on the super models are power hogs and useless, that is my opinion though. If hustler were to buy my mower back for the price i paid, I would IMMEADIATLY buy the 54" hustler z with the 23 Kawi, and XR-7 deck. Hindsight is 20/20. Again, i want to be clear on this, I love the company and the machines they build, but the 19/52 mini z is just not capable of providing you with a machine that will be productive, becuase at the end of the day, productivity is what it is all about...goodluck:waving:

ed2150
03-11-2007, 10:59 PM
The 19/52 mini is what I've been using for 2 seasons now and I have no complaints. I've never felt like it was inadequate; more horsepower is always nice but the 19 will get the job done and it's not terribly hard on fuel.

mowerconsultant
03-12-2007, 05:12 PM
In my region / conditions I can cut full stick on the 19/52 with a weeks worth of grass growth in the spring.
My point is, and as is pointed out by posts in this thread, is for some area's / conditions it will be fine, in others it may not be.

FIRESCOOBY
03-12-2007, 08:13 PM
I'm another one voting for the bigger motor.

I've also got a Mini-Z 52"/19hp Kaw. It is SO frustrating at times at the lack of power. Get the 23 or you'll kick yourself later. Anything slightly damp, thick, etc....you're gonna suffer.

I'm extremely pleased with Hustler, but the 19hp on a 52" deck is WAY too little.