PDA

View Full Version : Anybody carrying paper for irrigation work?

jcom
03-11-2007, 03:32 PM
I have not needed to carry any paper in the past but now I have two potential customers that want to know if I will carry the paper for the installs.

About $2200 jobs. I would much rather they pay outright but would also like the additional jobs. But I also don't need a lot of headache.

Anybody have experience with this? Can I get a credit check done without being a financial institution?

Thanks folks,

John

Wet_Boots
03-11-2007, 03:40 PM
You might inquire about their using a home equity line of credit. Personally, I wouldn't carry any paper. I figure sprinklers are more of a disposable-income sort of item, and if there isn't disposable money on hand, I would think twice about the job.

Remote Pigtails
03-11-2007, 07:20 PM
I have not needed to carry any paper in the past but now I have two potential customers that want to know if I will carry the paper for the installs.

About $2200 jobs. I would much rather they pay outright but would also like the additional jobs. But I also don't need a lot of headache.

Anybody have experience with this? Can I get a credit check done without being a financial institution?

Thanks folks,

John
Don't walk RUN from these people. I think JDL has a program for homeowner financing.

Hank Reardon
03-11-2007, 08:59 PM
Can you imagine repo'ing a sprinkler system? Just like the movie Dick and Jane! :laugh:

jcom
03-12-2007, 08:10 PM
Thanks all for the opinions. Our plan is to leave the paper carrying to the banks.

John

LindblomRJ
03-12-2007, 08:20 PM
The wisdom of bobby gedd.

For once I would agree with him.