PDA

View Full Version : Logo For new Truck - What do You think

Tim Wright
03-11-2007, 05:13 PM
Here is the logo for my new Duramax, What do you think?

srl28
03-11-2007, 05:18 PM
Nice, bright and basic. Make sure it is centered on the trucks, doesn't look all that great in the 2nd and 3rd pics. I like it, plain and simple.

Tim Wright
03-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Thanks I will not be doing the lettering. It will be done professionally.

The trucks are just pix I found on line as it was raining last night. My truck is the metalic silver.

Tim

DBL
03-11-2007, 05:47 PM
personally i like it on the back door but thats up to you

nobagger
03-11-2007, 05:54 PM
I love it! I think it looks great, very catchy colors, nice job!:waving:

Tim Wright
03-11-2007, 08:07 PM
personally i like it on the back door but thats up to you

Like This?

I have to have my DOT number and contractors number on there somewhere also. Then I would like to list the following:

- Landscape Design & Installation

- Lawn Maintenance

- Final Grading & Seeding

and Possibly

- Snow Plowing

Tim

DBL
03-11-2007, 09:22 PM
i wouldnt put all those words i think this is nice but hey its not my truck

Tim Wright
03-11-2007, 10:17 PM
You think just the logo and phone number?

Tim

DBL
03-12-2007, 11:34 AM
i have always thought of listing everything but it may turn out tacky so i like my trucks simple logo with phone number and the dot numbers up on the front fender what do your other truck logos look like

mrusk
03-12-2007, 12:10 PM
Looks good!

GreenN'Clean
03-12-2007, 02:38 PM
Looks awesome....

Diamond Cutters
03-12-2007, 06:15 PM
looks good

Tim Wright
03-12-2007, 09:31 PM
i have always thought of listing everything but it may turn out tacky so i like my trucks simple logo with phone number and the dot numbers up on the front fender what do your other truck logos look like

My other truck had a magnet on it. My other truck is going to truck heaven or to the sale block. It was a 84, GMC dump.

So this will be my first good truck and equipment logo.

Tim

Travis E
03-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Tim[/QUOTE]

I have to have my DOT number and contractors number on there somewhere also. Then I would like to list the following:
- Landscape Design & Installation
- Lawn Maintenance
- Final Grading & Seeding
and Possibly
- Snow Plowing

Tim[/QUOTE]

I guy in my town has these listed on the side of his truck bed. I think it looks nice or another option would be on the tailgate but people may not always be able to see them. Just my .02

Total.Lawn.Care
03-13-2007, 09:03 AM
I would put your DOT number at the bottom of your front doors. It specifies that it has to be a certain height to be readable from a certain distance away, but they do not say you have to put it rigth in the middle of the truck to be found. I would do it on black letters, as small as you can get away with and place at the bottom of the door.

If you want to add the services to your lettering, I would either run them down the side of the bed, like suggested, or place your logo on the front door and put the services on the back door.

Tim Wright
03-13-2007, 06:17 PM
Here is my own truck with the logo pasted on it in Photoshop.

Do you like the logo on the front door or rear door?

Tim

tthomass
03-13-2007, 08:47 PM
I would remove the badging on your front door to allow you to better center your logo. All of International's stuff is off my truck.....clean.

How's things go'n? I met with Eric yesterday.

Tim Wright
03-13-2007, 08:49 PM
I would remove the badging on your front door to allow you to better center your logo. All of International's stuff is off my truck.....clean.

How's things go'n? I met with Eric yesterday.

PMing You.

Tim

mosmgras
03-14-2007, 12:08 AM
I think DOT letters have to be at least 3" tall... right? Logo looks great.

Total.Lawn.Care
03-14-2007, 07:25 AM
I think DOT letters have to be at least 3" tall... right? Logo looks great.

Regulations says they need to be clearly visible from 50 ft, and done in a color that contrasts with the background.

I would put them at the bottom of the door, in letters about 2" tall it if were me. I just got my USDOT numbers yesterday as well and theat is what I plan to do.

Pro-Scapes
03-15-2007, 12:33 PM
nice... our logo in our avatar is official obsolete. Everything has been converted to Integrity's logo and its on our website.

For the dark truck windows we used the same lettering without the swoosh... The swoosh just didnt work well with vynil lettering.

yard signs too are white with black lettering no shoosh.

Pristine Lawn Care
03-17-2007, 03:19 AM
I like it. Bright and eye catching

Meehan47
03-17-2007, 01:05 PM
Tim......just curious, where did you get that logo from? I am in the process of creating a logo and yours is very eye catching. I AM NOT TRYING TO COPY IT, just wondering if you made it yourself or had someone professionally create it?

Tim Wright
03-17-2007, 02:50 PM
Tim......just curious, where did you get that logo from? I am in the process of creating a logo and yours is very eye catching. I AM NOT TRYING TO COPY IT, just wondering if you made it yourself or had someone professionally create it?

I did not design the logo myself. The guys name is Kenny Wilson of No Rules Lettering. He does all of the best work around here and is fairly reasonable. Fair is another way of putting it. There are others but most of their work is cluttered and very difficult to read.

No Rules Lettering. Phone number is 304-229-5720. Tell him Tim Wright sent you.

What yo could do is work over the phone and internet, and when the time is right make the drive down here and have him put it on your truck for you.

Tim