PDA

View Full Version : Wacker Honda 3.7 Generator won't start

adtome
03-11-2007, 07:48 PM
Hi All, I have been trying to start a Wacker G3.7A-Honda 8hp GX240K1- Generator and can't seem to get any fuel to the spark plug. I've checked the fuel cutoff and it is on, there is fuel in the carburator float bowl, but doesn't seem to be getting to the cylinder. Any ideas short of pulling the carburator?..................It's cold up here.....
adtome

ose58
03-11-2007, 09:34 PM
first remove air filter and spray carb cleaner into carb opening. pull the starter,if it starts and quits you now know you are not suppling fuel to the cylinder. next drop the float bowl and see if there is fuel there. make sure if there is liquid ind the bowl that it is gas and not water. if gas is in the bowl take a pin and make sure the jet is clear. if it is it will run. I am assuming you have determined that there is spark. good luck.

ose58
03-13-2007, 10:33 AM
another possible problem might be a valve problem. Pull the valve cover and turn the motor over and see if both valves are operating.

topsites
03-13-2007, 03:27 PM
Not to sound like a moron, but most or all Honda engines have a low-oil cut out safety feature that would prevent it from firing, so maybe it's low on oil... Not sure if that prevents fuel from getting to the cylinders or how that works, but it might be worth a check, if you haven't done so.