PDA

View Full Version : TrailerRacks.com Xtreme Series Line Trimmer Rack Give-Away

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-12-2007, 04:18 PM
Introducing the Xtreme Series Trimmer Rack

TrailerRacks.com (http://www.trailerracks.com) is giving away free Xtreme Series line trimmer racks all you have to do is pick a topic and post your story to this thread and give us your email address We will reward the best stories with a free Xtreme Series trimmer rack Item# XA102.

http://www.trailerracks.com/images/products/Chart.jpghttp://www.trailerracks.com/images/products/XB103_Full.jpghttp://www.trailerracks.com/images/products/Zoom_In.jpg

Green Touch Industries Inc. reinvents the line trimmer rack. Their newest product is the most advanced trimmer rack ever designed! It eliminates theft, itís the fastest rack on the market to use and it completely eliminates rolling in the rack and shaft wear. In spite of the huge advancement in design and value it remains very cost effective. Learn more and order online by visiting www.TrailerRacks.com

TrailerRacks.com (http://www.trailerracks.com) is giving away free Xtreme Series line trimmer racks all you have to do is pick a topic and post your story to this thread and give us your email address We will reward the best stories with a free Xtreme Series trimmer rack Item# XA102.

Topics (line trimmer stories; please tell us the brand that caused the damage or allowed the theft.):

Theft, what have you lost because your trimmer rack was easily penetrated?
Damage caused by spinning in the rack (including fuel spills and flooded engines)
Shaft damage (worn / broken shafts caused by your trimmer rack.)

Winners will be notified no later than 1 week of posting your story. Winners will receive one XA102 at no cost, all we would like in return would be a short review of our product. Winning stories could be used in future advertising.

Please visit our site at TrailerRacks.com (http://www.TrailerRacks.com) to place your order now, receive 10% OFF with coupon code: lawnsite1

Lynden-Jeff
03-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Wow really glad to see green touch updating there racks. I have green touch now which are great but these look even better. Do we post stories here? because I have a doozie lol.

Cheers
Jeff

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-13-2007, 08:58 AM
Yes Jeff,

Just post your stories here. Winners will be notified within one week of the post date. There will be several trimmer racks given away.

Because you were the first person to post we are going to award you one of the many racks we are giving away. We would still like to hear your story.

You will be blown away by how much better this rack is from everything else on the market.

Please email me your address and we will get your trimmer rack out this week.

Lynden-Jeff
03-13-2007, 07:41 PM
Hey,

Thanks! Can't wait to give it a review. I have e-mailed my information to you. Anyways here is my story:

When I first started my lawn care company I purchased some racks with the trailer I ordered (I belive they where an in house brand). Being neive and thinking they were all created equally, I thought it was fine, I mean it held the trimmer, what else is it supposed to do? Well a couple weeks later on the way back to the shop going down the highway I look in my review mirror and notice one of the trimmer posts dangling on a 45 degree angle off the side of the trailer. Unfortunatly where I was on the highway there was no shoulder.

The next thing I know the same post is now dragging and bouncing around on the road only held on by the trimmer connected to the other post. By the time I got to a place to pull over the trimmer rack and the one trimmer that was in the rack had been destroyed. I think I am just lucky that it didnt come off and hit the car behind me. At first I had though that my bolts had come loose and it came off however it was actually the weld broke at the bottom of the post! Let me tell you I have never gotten my money back faster then I did for this! lol. First thing I did was go out and purchase my greentouch racks and I have been happy ever since.

Cheers!
Jeff

wakesetter2001
03-14-2007, 02:51 PM
I purchased a no name brand trimmer rack from ebay. It seemed to work fine for the first few weeks but did have the trimmer rolling and fuel spilling on my trailer fender which eventually led to the paint peeling and then of course the metal rusting. Then one day I look in my side mirror as I turn a corner and there is my echo (engine end) almost dragging the ground with the line end still in the rack. I am able to pull over as I am thinking "man what did I do, did I put the trimmer in wrong" Nope, weld broke on the engine end of the rack trimmer fell, had been hitting the ground enough to put a whole in the fuel tank, shaft bent where it hooked on the line end. Got to looking and could see that the weld had no penetration and in spots was not even touching the other metal. Anyway new shaft, fuel tank and the trimmer was back in use, Co I got it from I could never find again. Since then I have been looking for a new trimmer rack and just setting my trimmers in the back of the truck but had not found one I like until I saw the new Xtreme rack the other day. I actually got on here to put up a link so everyone could take a look at them, I guess I was to late.

Thanks for a great looking new product
Dustin Griffin
Exclusive Landscape Maintenance

nobagger
03-14-2007, 05:30 PM
When we first started in business money was tight like most people but we wanted to act and look as professional as possible. We bought a set of trimmer racks that looked as if they would be fine. We bolted it to the trailer and off we went, right over some of our favorite city streets hitting, I swear, every huge pot hole alone the route. About a block away from our first stop after going through the mine field to get there we trun the coner and I noticed one of our trimmers came flying out almost smacking a group of kids on the side of the road. After we stopped we noticed the rack locking device had broken right off. After further looking into we noticed all of the locking devices were long gone and the only thing holding these trimmers was the bungy strap. We took it back, they would not warranty it, "used commercially" I couldnt beleive it. We never went back to that store ever again. Quality pays off in the end.

Az Gardener
03-14-2007, 05:50 PM
I have been in the business so long that when I started there were no line trimmers and therefore no trimmer racks.

My first attempt at a trimmer rack held the unit it self very tight. So tight in fact that the shaft broke just below the engine. Too much vibration coupled with poor design. Brand new Echo trashed in less than a week. I learned then to leave the design work to professionals.

I have not bought a trimmer rack since, instead choosing to keep my line trimmers on wooden shelves in my enclosed trailer. I would like some racks as the shelves are big and bulky and every time I get a new trailer I have to build shelves.

At a glance these appear to mount to the floor and ceiling which is also a great feature.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-14-2007, 05:59 PM
At a glance these appear to mount to the floor and ceiling which is also a great feature.

The trimmer racks actually bolt directly to the wall. They come with very strong and stable aluminum brackets. By including the brackets we make sure that no matter if you have an open or enclosed trailer our rack system will work for you.

Lynden-Jeff
03-14-2007, 08:50 PM
I purchased a no name brand trimmer rack from ebay. It seemed to work fine for the first few weeks but did have the trimmer rolling and fuel spilling on my trailer fender which eventually led to the paint peeling and then of course the metal rusting. Then one day I look in my side mirror as I turn a corner and there is my echo (engine end) almost dragging the ground with the line end still in the rack. I am able to pull over as I am thinking "man what did I do, did I put the trimmer in wrong" Nope, weld broke on the engine end of the rack trimmer fell, had been hitting the ground enough to put a whole in the fuel tank, shaft bent where it hooked on the line end. Got to looking and could see that the weld had no penetration and in spots was not even touching the other metal. Anyway new shaft, fuel tank and the trimmer was back in use, Co I got it from I could never find again. Since then I have been looking for a new trimmer rack and just setting my trimmers in the back of the truck but had not found one I like until I saw the new Xtreme rack the other day. I actually got on here to put up a link so everyone could take a look at them, I guess I was to late.

Dustin Griffin

I wonder if we had the same rack, mine was a no name to. Something about the crappy welds on these things. I can't wait to try out the new one, it looks awsome.

Cheers

Raven386
03-15-2007, 01:03 AM
i have a problem with forgetting to put the pins back on the racks. so as i drive away the trimmers just fall out into the road. ive also lost the pins down a sewer once or twice before. one more thing is, no one i ever work with locks the trimmers when they are done, thank goodness nothing has been stolen.

Laner
03-15-2007, 01:12 AM
I have never used trimmer racks, but am in the process of setting up a new open trailer and will be installing racks before we start the season. We have built a wood rack to lay in the back of the truck to keep the trimmers from tipping over. We have had many broken triggers, housings and a bent shaft from rolling around in the back of the truck. I'm ready to step it up a notch and get a nice quality trimmer rack. I came across this thread by doing a search for trimmer racks to see what options are out there. I have seen some rough looking racks on some of the trailers that I looked at, but none of them look to even compare to this new rack design.

Lynden-Jeff
03-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Hey Matt,

Have you gotten my e-mails? I have a few questions about the fast straps you guys got, i'm looking to pick a set up but need to know if that price is for 1 strap or a set of 2. Let me know.

Cheers
Jeff

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-15-2007, 12:07 PM
Hey Matt,

Have you gotten my e-mails? I have a few questions about the fast straps you guys got, i'm looking to pick a set up but need to know if that price is for 1 strap or a set of 2. Let me know.

Cheers
Jeff

Please check your email I sent you a response.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-15-2007, 12:36 PM

Dustin Griffin

Congratulations wakesetter,

You are the winner of the second xtreme series rack we are giving away.

You will not have a problem at all with the trimmers spinning around in the rack. Therefore no more spilled gas and no rusty trailers! Our welds are guaranteed, because we know they won't break.

We are still taking story submissions and everyone that has already posted is still being considered. We still have a bunch of trimmer racks to give away.

wakesetter2001
03-15-2007, 01:18 PM
Thank you I can't wait to try it out

haybaler
03-15-2007, 02:06 PM
well, my first year in biz I used a snowmobile trailer that just fit my one z-turn on it and I threw the weed whacker in the truck. so the second your I was trying to be more professional and was tired of having the weed whacker bouncing around in the bed of the truck, so I went out and bought a new landscape trailer. I was shopping around for trimmer racks and one weekend helped my buddy put a set of no name racks on his trailer and they all looked like junk. So I had the idea of having my welding guy custom weld a set right into the trailer, they sure were strong but a PITA to find the right pins for and actually get the trimmers to fit on. luckily they never fell off, but they did spin around and get flooded out quite a bit. so this year I traded up to a bigger trailer and it is time for a REAL set of racks!!

bigjeeping
03-15-2007, 02:27 PM
My F-450 is so wide that you cannot see the sides of the trailer when pulling it. The rear view mirror can only see straight back the middle of the trailer because of the cab protector on the truck's dump body. This means my trimmer racks are NOT visible by the driver while driving. Well here's the story:

A rough, dirt road was causing the truck/trailer to bounce all over the place. The long pins which held the locking arms in place must have bounced out because the locking arms had swung open on both sides of the trimmer rack. This left my two, new, Stihl trimmers vulnerable to airborne travel if I hit a large enough bump. Well at the time I didn't know any of this was happening and just kept driving to the next job site. Once I got off of the dirt road and onto the main road I noticed people slowing down as they drove by me. I thought it was probably because "Hey they're driving past a big truck pulling a trailer." Ha, I was wrong there.

After seeing enough cars slowing down, and even hearing some cars honk at me and point, I really started checking my mirrors hard. My tires looked good, everything on the trailer looked secure, trailer gates were secure, gas cap was on.... what was going on!?!?!?!

Finally, after 10 minutes+ driving, another LCO comes passing by, rolls down the window and tells me my trimmers are all over the road.

Turns out the spool end of the trimmers were light enough to bounce out of the trimmer rack and had been fishtailing down the road on the side of the trailer while the engine end of the trimmers were still sitting in the trailer rack. The spool ends were a little scuffed up.. but otherwise no harm done. Just a scary situation which COULD have led to something bad.. property damage, bodily damage.. or could have just destroyed $600 worth of trimmers.
I haven't replaced the trimmer racks yet, just found a better way to secured the locking arm. However, I'm buying a new trailer in a couple weeks and could really use some racks for it!!

Zach :usflag:

DAMSLandscaping
03-15-2007, 02:38 PM
the xtreme series rack look like a great product, exactly what i am looking for. I have been wanting to purchase a trimmer rack for some time now but couldn't find one that was worth what they charged for them. This product looks like something i wouldn't mind paying for... SO last spring i figured i could use more room on my trailer, so i figured i would build a trimmer rack out of wood... my first mistake... It was a beautiful thing, held one trimmer and got a lot of the spare pieces 2x4s out of they yard. Wasn't the strongest thing out there but i figured it would be alright... My trailer had wooden sides so i screwed it to the inside of the passenger side of my trailer. It worked OK for a wile.. maybe a few weeks, until one day i loaded my trimmer back up, got back on my mower to back it on to the trailer, and as soon as i got to the top of my trailer ramp i felt my mower jump and stop very quickly. Well, apparently the screws I attached the rack with were not enough because the rack and my trimmer were now half under my mower. Luckily no major damage was done to my trimmer, just a little crack around the air filter.

So i decided to just let the trimmer hang out on my trailer... another mistake. I show up to a job, fire up my trimmer. go to pull the trigger to start trimming and realize something is missing. Somehow between there and the last job, the trigger broke off making is useless.. i wasn't impressed. Luckily i found an old trimmer than i took the trigger off to replace the broken one. I know my trimmer would be very happy have one of these xtreme series racks!

Don Moody
D.A.M.S. Landscaping

DAMSLandscaping
03-15-2007, 02:49 PM
Finally, after 10 minutes+ driving, another LCO comes passing by, rolls down the window and tells me my trimmers are all over the road.

Your lucky! Seems like a lot of people would just say HEY LOOK I FOUND ME SOME NEW TRIMMERS! Thats what happened to me when i left my blower at a job:cry:

DUSTYCEDAR
03-15-2007, 03:00 PM
i started out throwing the trimmers in the back of the truck which ended up smashing the fuel tanks and breaking off carbs and spark plugs.
so i got a brand that need u to put in long pins to keep the trimmers in worked ok at first then the pins started to get lost and the trimmers kept spinning in the racks and would flood and rip off the throttle cable.
so i gave them away and got a spring loaded type rack very popular brand which would hold the head end in a funky piece of bent metal and held the trimmer good for the first few weeks then started to let them spin and wore the end of the trimmer shaft and even bent one when a employee couldn't work the spring and pulled on it and bent the shaft all to hell.
over the years i have had more damage done to my trimmers from the stupid racks then from using them to trim with.
and none of them lock good enough or easy enough to keep the guys locking them seems they never do no matter what i give them.

Duncan90si
03-15-2007, 06:20 PM
We have trimmer trap racks on our open trailer. The trimmers would always twist around and wear out the hand grips on them. I could live with that, I guess. There were two Shindaiwa trimmers that leaked gas out of the carb. Well like wakesetter2001, this led to paint coming off of the trailer. Well it gets worse. One day after packing up and heading out of a large job where we had two guys trimming, we proceed down the road. We are driving for about 10-15 minutes and pull up to the next job. I get out of the truck and to my surprise there is a large fire on my trailer. :eek: The trimmer in the middle of the rack rotated while going down the road. It then started leaking gas on to the trimmer below it and caught fire on the hot muffler. After hosing the two trimmers down with the extinguisher I got the fire put out. The trimmer that was leaking gas was burnt and melted along with the trimmer below it with the hot muffler that caught the gas on fire. Both trimmers were ruined. All the plastic was melted or gone the pull cords were toast, even the spark plug wires were now junk. The top trimmer was slighty melted but the damage was just cosmetic, thankfully. I lost two commercial trimmers that day mainly due to a rack that didn't secure them properly from rotating.

nmez21
03-15-2007, 09:04 PM
Like dusty I began by just setting the trimmers in the back of the truck or on the trailer floor. I thought I was "STEPPING UP" when I bought a rack from my local TSC store. It turned out that when the trimmers were in the racks they got more beat up than when I set them on the ground. The rack that I purchased rubbed terribly upon the shaft and took almost 1/8" of metal off the trimmer shaft total in a small section. May need to be replaced $$$. Another problem was the spinning and difficulties with fuel spills. It seemed like I was always cleaning up a mess from spilled gas. The boards beneath the racks were just NASTY after a couple months- It was so bad I had to relpace a 8' 2x6. Another thing that always concerned me was security. Padlocks that were compatible with the rack were nearly impossible to come by, so I resorted to a bike lock(chain style w/ comb). I've had about all I can take with these racks, very poor engineering. You've got a great looking product, should be popular. Have a good one,

nate mez

Allen's LS
03-15-2007, 11:24 PM
All I can say is, is that I was laying my trimmer racks in the back of my pickup and I just bought Greentouch Racks a couple of months ago. I got them for an enclosed trailer that I am going to bu this spring or summer. :hammerhead: If i had know that Greentouch was coming out with this new rack, I would have waited. :dizzy:

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-16-2007, 09:57 AM
We have trimmer trap racks on our open trailer. The trimmers would always twist around and wear out the hand grips on them. I could live with that, I guess. There were two Shindaiwa trimmers that leaked gas out of the carb. Well like wakesetter2001, this led to paint coming off of the trailer. Well it gets worse. One day after packing up and heading out of a large job where we had two guys trimming, we proceed down the road. We are driving for about 10-15 minutes and pull up to the next job. I get out of the truck and to my surprise there is a large fire on my trailer. :eek: The trimmer in the middle of the rack rotated while going down the road. It then started leaking gas on to the trimmer below it and caught fire on the hot muffler. After hosing the two trimmers down with the extinguisher I got the fire put out. The trimmer that was leaking gas was burnt and melted along with the trimmer below it with the hot muffler that caught the gas on fire. Both trimmers were ruined. All the plastic was melted or gone the pull cords were toast, even the spark plug wires were now junk. The top trimmer was slighty melted but the damage was just cosmetic, thankfully. I lost two commercial trimmers that day mainly due to a rack that didn't secure them properly from rotating.

Thats a great story. Thank you very much.

That is why exactly Green Touch has designed the Xtreme Series Trimmer Rack. Trimmers rolling around and spilling gas is a major design flaw in all other trimmer racks on the market. The new Xtreme Series rack is the only rack that is designed to absolutely eliminate any spinning/rolling problems.

The thought process with the design of the Xtreme Series rack was to eliminate all problems associated with existing trimmer racks on the market, while maintaining a competitive price.

Please email me your contact information so we can get one out to you.

Our intentions with this giveaway is to get landscapers sharing information, so they can see how serious theses problems can be.

All stories that have been posted are still being considered and we are still thank more submissions.

MSS Mow
03-16-2007, 10:08 AM
I started mowing lawns when I was about 12 years old using my grandfather's riding Craftsman mower and I didn't even string trim at the time. I literally used hand clippers and just did the essentials. I have learned a lot of lessons in this business the hard way.

I work a so-called "real" job in high school and then when I went to college, I got another "real" job at a local bank. The whole time, I maintained my mowing route. (By this time i had a weed whacker!) I spent 4 years getting my degree in Business Management/Marketing so I could move up in Corporate America. Trouble is I hated Corporate America. I left banking and tried becoming an insurance salesman. What a joke that was. Well, anyway, after going flat broke and in the hole, I quite my job selling insurance and finally made the decision that I was going to do what I love: Mow lawns! I've been told how stupid I am. That I have a college degree and should use my head and not my back. I disagree completely. Running your own business takes many skills and my business degree only helps with that.

So, this past year, I started expanding my mowing business and accidently stumbled across LAWNSITE!! What a discovery. Here I was, 25 years old, been mowing lawns part time for the past 13 years and I quickly started learning how much easier things could be done.

For example: TRIMMER STORAGE.

Once I had purchased my first trimmer, I've always just tossed it on the trailer bed or in the back of the truck. I didn't know I had options like TRAILERRACKS!! My trimmers have taken a beaten over the years. Primarily, I have broken many guards because that's what the trimmer head end lays on. The other bigger problem, the engin end always rested on the gas tank. Well, a plastic tank always being dropped, dragged, strewn, what ever you want to call it in the truck bed, on the ground, on the trailer, is going to damage the fuel tank. I have had to replace many fuel tanks because they have worn holes in the bottom. The third problem is that the trimmers always fall over onto their side while traveling. This of course causes more damage and can result in fuel leakage causing more damage to my truck/trailer. The fourth problem results from loose trimmers falling off an open trailer. I have forgotten to strap them down, the strap has broken, and I've said goodbye to a couple trimmers as they skip down the highway into a thousand pieces. The fifth and final problem I have encountered is of course theft from a trimmer being loose. As you can see, I've learned every lesson about proper trimmer storage the hard way and could desparately use the newest technology to assist.

In closing, the invention and continued innovation of products such as TRAILERRACKS are critical to improving the Lawn Care industry. They will only increase productivity and reduce damage to equipment.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-16-2007, 10:43 AM
My F-450 is so wide that you cannot see the sides of the trailer when pulling it. The rear view mirror can only see straight back the middle of the trailer because of the cab protector on the truck's dump body. This means my trimmer racks are NOT visible by the driver while driving. Well here's the story:

A rough, dirt road was causing the truck/trailer to bounce all over the place. The long pins which held the locking arms in place must have bounced out because the locking arms had swung open on both sides of the trimmer rack. This left my two, new, Stihl trimmers vulnerable to airborne travel if I hit a large enough bump. Well at the time I didn't know any of this was happening and just kept driving to the next job site. Once I got off of the dirt road and onto the main road I noticed people slowing down as they drove by me. I thought it was probably because "Hey they're driving past a big truck pulling a trailer." Ha, I was wrong there.

After seeing enough cars slowing down, and even hearing some cars honk at me and point, I really started checking my mirrors hard. My tires looked good, everything on the trailer looked secure, trailer gates were secure, gas cap was on.... what was going on!?!?!?!

Turns out the spool end of the trimmers were light enough to bounce out of the trimmer rack and had been fishtailing down the road on the side of the trailer while the engine end of the trimmers were still sitting in the trailer rack. The spool ends were a little scuffed up.. but otherwise no harm done. Just a scary situation which COULD have led to something bad.. property damage, bodily damage.. or could have just destroyed $600 worth of trimmers.
I haven't replaced the trimmer racks yet, just found a better way to secured the locking arm. However, I'm buying a new trailer in a couple weeks and could really use some racks for it!!

Zach,

Congratulations that was a great story with nice details. I think you should give up landscaping and become a novelist.

On the new Xtreme Series Rack it is impossible for the trimmers to bounce out.

Please email me your contact information so we can get your Xtreme Series Rack out to you.

We are still giving away more racks and taking more stories!

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-16-2007, 11:05 AM
the xtreme series rack look like a great product, exactly what i am looking for. I have been wanting to purchase a trimmer rack for some time now but couldn't find one that was worth what they charged for them. This product looks like something i wouldn't mind paying for... SO last spring i figured i could use more room on my trailer, so i figured i would build a trimmer rack out of wood... my first mistake... It was a beautiful thing, held one trimmer and got a lot of the spare pieces 2x4s out of they yard. Wasn't the strongest thing out there but i figured it would be alright... My trailer had wooden sides so i screwed it to the inside of the passenger side of my trailer. It worked OK for a wile.. maybe a few weeks, until one day i loaded my trimmer back up, got back on my mower to back it on to the trailer, and as soon as i got to the top of my trailer ramp i felt my mower jump and stop very quickly. Well, apparently the screws I attached the rack with were not enough because the rack and my trimmer were now half under my mower. Luckily no major damage was done to my trimmer, just a little crack around the air filter.

So i decided to just let the trimmer hang out on my trailer... another mistake. I show up to a job, fire up my trimmer. go to pull the trigger to start trimming and realize something is missing. Somehow between there and the last job, the trigger broke off making is useless.. i wasn't impressed. Luckily i found an old trimmer than i took the trigger off to replace the broken one. I know my trimmer would be very happy have one of these xtreme series racks!

Don Moody
D.A.M.S. Landscaping

Don,

Another great story.

Broken triggers will be a thing of the past with our Xtreme Series Rack, as it is impossible for them to break. Our rack also comes with all the mounting hardware so you don't have to worry about it falling off.

I also appreciate you emailing me asking for brochures, in fact all winners will now get brochures to give out. Please email me back your shipping information and include your phone number.

We are still taking story submissions and have more racks to give away guys.

kc2006
03-16-2007, 02:28 PM
I bought one of the basic design trimmer racks, the ones where its just a post with two pieces of flat steel with holes in them and the pin goes through to hold the trimmer in place. The basic racks are horrible. The first problem I had was losing pins, I'd lose them all the time, so I had to invest my own time and money into attaching the pins with cables to the rack. Then comes the movement, the trimmer is always flopping around which is ruining the handgrip and has weakend the throttle trigger. With the flopping around comes spilled fuel, I actually have a big stain on my trailer from fuel being dumped out. The fuel issue also causes hard starts, my trimmer starts so easy when its not being shaken to death on the trailer, but get to a clients property and it's a 5 minute ordeal. Finally (and the worst) is the one time I forgot to put the pin in the rack and to make it worse it was the engine side. Halfway to the next clients property it came out and the weight of the engine bent the shaft ruining the trimmer. So after ruining one trimmer and really beating up another I'm in the market for a trimmer rack, I was about to get another brand but noticed these racks and they look really nice and effecient. If I don't win one I'll be placing an order in a couple weeks.

haybaler
03-16-2007, 02:38 PM
i started out throwing the trimmers in the back of the truck which ended up smashing the fuel tanks and breaking off carbs and spark plugs.
so i got a brand that need u to put in long pins to keep the trimmers in worked ok at first then the pins started to get lost and the trimmers kept spinning in the racks and would flood and rip off the throttle cable.
so i gave them away and got a spring loaded type rack very popular brand which would hold the head end in a funky piece of bent metal and held the trimmer good for the first few weeks then started to let them spin and wore the end of the trimmer shaft and even bent one when a employee couldn't work the spring and pulled on it and bent the shaft all to hell.
over the years i have had more damage done to my trimmers from the stupid racks then from using them to trim with.
and none of them lock good enough or easy enough to keep the guys locking them seems they never do no matter what i give them.

broken carbs and plugs seem pretty extreme, did you have some cinder blocks or something else bouncing around there with them? this does seem like a product that would give you piece of mind.

stuffdeer
03-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Yep, I too have a story. I have countless times tried to start my trimmer to find it flooded.

But my good story is this.

I was driving down a pretty smooth road, with a bump towards the middle. I hit the bump, and notcied my top trimmer on the rack, was completely dangling by the guard on the trimmer on the side of my trailer. I pulled over and notcied my trimmer had slid through the holder and completely out.

I also have a bent shaft and my handles are all rusted from sliding around. I cannot find a way to get them to stop sliding.

J&R
03-16-2007, 07:55 PM
Not much to say about my lawn service. 28 years seen and done just about everything to a trimmer that can be done right or wrong.

mr. k
03-16-2007, 08:04 PM
For my first full season two years ago, I bought an open trailer and while I was there bought the trimmer rack that the dealer carried. It had metal, spring loaded clips that were coated in plastic. Not knowing, I put 2 brand new $300+ trimmers on it and within a couple weeks the plastic wore out on the rack and the shafts on my trimmers were instant junk. Since the trimmers were beat up already, I continued to use the rack for the rest of the season. On one specific occasion, the rack wore out the protective wrapping around the wires on one of the trimmers and shocked the heck out of my arm while I was trimming. Last year, my second season, I resorted to just putting the trimmers in the back of my truck. After rolling around the truck bed and into eachother for 8 months, it was time to put them both in the trash. Im going to purchase 2 more trimmers for this upcoming season and have learned my lesson. Basically, I saved 75-80 dollars on the trimmer rack and wasted $600+ on trimmers.

Quality Cuts PLS
03-17-2007, 01:13 AM
Matt, I don't know if it was you that I spoke with last week on the phone; if so thanks for the info and the new web site. Anyway, I saw a small blurb in one of the industry publications and called for more info. I told you how I have had them all - Trimmer Trap, Jungle Jims, Gridiron, and Green Touch - spending up to 900 bucks to rack-out a trailer. You pointed out the advantages of your new product without bashing the others, which is rare. The roads here in Louisiana are terrible, I have to deal with bouncing and spinning trimmers & edgers, bent shafts, twisted grips, broken and worn guards; you know the drill. I have had to modify and add stuff to all the racks I have owned to make them work, but it is still not the best solution. However it looks as if you have found the solution to our dilemma. As for a story, well here it is - traveling home after a long day slinging grass, a car tried to cross the road and was struck by oncoming traffic and spun into me. With nowhere to to go and no time to hit the brakes; BAM; they took me out. (totaled my wifes new Jeep Cherokee) I hit them at about 55mph, the impact slung the water cooler down the road, and the powerhead end of my trimmer and edger came out of the rack while the shaft end stayed hooked; resulting in both shafts and housings folded in half because the racks did not hold them securely enough. With your design I don't think that could happen. To make matters worse - the other drivers did not have insurance, so it all came out of my pocket. Your concept,material, and coating selections are top notch. Good luck with this new product. I'm looking forward to trying out a set of these in the future to replace my current Gridiron products. Thanks for pushing the envelope and not being complacent in this area. Hopefully you can integrate some of this new stuff into you current products, I already figured out a few ideas. Again thanks and good luck. Anthony.

J and D Lawn Care
03-17-2007, 07:52 AM
I wish I knew the name of the stupid racks I have because I would post a warning to anyone thinking about buying some. I to experienced sliding and twisting of the shafts in the rack. I fixed the problem with duc-tape. On my two trimmers I've probably used half a roll to wrap around the shafts so they don't slide and twist. It's not very pretty but it works for now. I went to your website and found something to solve another problem I have. I ordered a rack for my hedge trimmer and two of the racks for my brooms, rakes, etc. Nothing gets your attention like the noise of a 1/2 dozen brooms and rakes flying across the inside of a trailer. Had the hedge trimmer slide off of the shelf once and cut the starter rope on one of my mowers. Great way to start a busy day. Anyway can't wait to get what I ordered so I can start this season off right.

nograss
03-17-2007, 09:27 AM
I lock my trimmers up until I need them when doing a yard. Two weeks ago I was doing a 1 acre yard when I hear a trimmer I think start up. Thought it was across the street so did not pay any attention to it. I was in the back of a large house. When I came to get my trimmer the only thing left were two stumps of the rack on the frame of my trailer. Someone had a power saw and hacked my trimmer rack off at the base. Wonderful.

Grn Mtn
03-17-2007, 10:58 AM
Well Matt, seems like most of us have realized that rolling around in the back of truck is no good for the trimmers. After 1 season of beating my Stihl trimmers this way I did some research and decided to buy the best trimmer rack out there. I was very excited to finally have a secure and professional storage system for my Stihls. The first problem I encountered with my TrimmerTrap brand racks was mounting them, the bolt holes didn't line-up with metal rails of my trailer so I had to drill new holes and since I wanted to mount them on the out side of the trailer I had to fab some wood shims since my trailer's rails are the angled steel. Needless to say after a month of vibrations the wood shims cracked and I nearly lost the trimmers when the racks fell over. My solution was move the racks to the front of the trailer and WELD them on, kind of a permanent solution that won't move to my next trailer. The second problem with these racks is if you don't load them just right you will cause wear to your handle/damage to your throttle, or the unit will rotate in the rack and spill gas. BUT THE BIGGEST problem I have encountered is the security issue, rather false sense of it. Because you can padlock the trimmers when I get home from mowing I will leave the trimmers on the trailer and padlock them (this safety feature is also a pain because in order to keep the trimmer in place you must slide the padlock through the pin hole for each of the trimmers, whether you want to lock them up or not.) These padlocks then get rusted and become hard to put on. Well one morning I go out and start the truck and find my equipment had been stolen! The thief used bolt cutters on the exposed padlocks and made off with my two Stihls. Thats my true story and I'm stick(edge)ing to it.:laugh:

From what I can tell it looks like your design encloses the padlock and only needs one- good job.

grassmanak
03-17-2007, 11:21 AM
Ive been living the trimmer rack nightmare for the last 2 years. Like many on the board, i began withe rolling around in the back of the pickup, breaking parts and spilling gas. Last year i stepped up and purchased the cheapest racks i could find from Lowes. Just your basic 3 place trimmer rack. Well i get home all excited to try it out and the paint is already completley chipped off inside the box. so i return them to lowes and pick up a set that is in decent condition and go home and install them. Installation went smooth, well except for the fact that they not level on the trailer due to some high quality manufacutring. Well i load up the trimmers and before i even leave one has tipped over and the throttle lever has broke off. At this point im ready to screem since ive already spent half a day on this project. Let me tell you these racks are made so bad youd be better off not using them. Ive had this welder out all spring trying to make my own racks, but just cant come up with the right design, i had the angle grinder slip out of my hand the other day while i was trying to cut a piece of metal and it bashed me in the knee, cut me all up and gave me the bruise from hell and now im walking around liking a penguin. Someone please help me.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b88/lodogg89/knee.jpg

JKOOPERS
03-17-2007, 01:45 PM
well i just finished a costumers yard put the trimmer in the rack that someone built me and proceeded to drive way (thinking i put the pins in). about 2 minutes later driving down a four lane street i see some guy driving and holding a trimmer out his driver sides window and honking his horn . he pulls up next to me says hey pull over and i am thinking to myself whats this guys deal . so i pull over and and he gets out of his car and says this trimmer feel off your rack about a 1/4 mile back . i look back sure enough it was my brand new redmax trimmer. the trimmer received a number of cuts and bruises. then he proceeds to tell me that he too has a lawn care and he knows what it is like to lose a trimmer. i couldn't stop thanking him . Just goes to show there are still some good people out there. thats one story i don't want to go through again .

ground works
03-17-2007, 11:08 PM
I bought a used open trailer that had some brand of trimmer rack on it 3 years ago when i started in business. I had a brand new echo trimmer that i put in the trimmer rack, after a few months the echo shaft housing had wore thin up by the motor. Then i started to put the echo in the bed, but it kept rolling around and breaking the trigger. A few months later i was using the echo when the shaft housing broke into, so i bought a new echo and and a new shaft housing for the broke one. I have tried duck tape on the trimmer rack and on the trimmer, but after time it wears though the duck tape. The trimmer rack just lets the timmer move around to much and the holder is just metal where the trimmer lays on. I have been looking around for a new trimmer rack for this year since i will be trading my old echo's in on two new ones.

Pristine PM
03-18-2007, 12:32 PM
I bought my trailer used and it had homemade racks on it. They did have a bolt hole to lock it, but I never bothered. One day, we are eating lunch and someone else in the restaurant says to us, "excuse me, but I think that guy just took your trimmer". We run out and start chasing the guy accross Kingston Road (mini-highway in Scarborough). We didn't get hit and by the time the guy is on the other side of the road and didn't even know we were chasing him. In the background we hear a "lady of the night" yelling at him to run, but due to the traffic, he didn't hear her.

We get across and just charge him, at which time he heres us, and realizes there is no escape. Our worker grabs the trimmer which the bum holds out in front of him in a defensive way and then runs away. We didn't touch him due to the smell, and there was no harm done to the trimmer.

As we are crossing back, a car stops in the middle of the road and asks what happened, we quickly tell him as more cars are coming, and it turns out he is an unmarked cop. He radio's for backup, and they ended up grabbing the guy just up the street. He had used needles in his pockets and was high on crack.

We gave a statement, which took forever, and that was that.

Two days later we see the same guy walking down the street with his "girlfriend"... I hate the system, it was a $600 trimmer.

Jon
info@pristineproperty.ca

Gilligan
03-19-2007, 10:00 AM
Like the rest here I've had the broken triggers and the leaked fuel..and like many here I wasn't thinking like I should have been when I purchased the racks from the large discount retail store.....I had to immediately resort to the bandaid fix using bungy cords to hold everything in place.

Something I guess the rack should have been doing in the first place...after all, that is its primary purpose...

I think back now and wonder why I spent top dollar on my all my tools and equipment...Echo, Stihl, Dixie, etc...but then when it came time to hold the equipment I lost all common sense and purchased the generic brand. It really makes no sense at all.

My best...or I should say WORST incident happened just recently.

I had been doing a few jobs for some of my current customers and I didnt have the best or most efficient equipment in order to perform these tasks. So I had starting pricing some of the stand alone equipment, but then after looking at the price and versitility of the Echo Pro Series and the attachments I decided this was perfect for the jobs I was performing and since these jobs were not being performed on an everyday basis I didnt feel the need for dedicated equipment was neccesary.

I must say I am very pleased with the pro series and the attachments..They work great....

Anyway...one of the attachments I purchased was the power pruner..It does a great job on those tree limbs...If anyone has seen this attachment it looks like a long metal spear with a chain saw on the end...and with its long shaft it fit well between the two brackets on my trailer...as long as I used a bungy to secure it in place...(again...the job of a bracket)

So here I was traveling down one of our major interstates rushing to try and avoid the rush hour traffic which was about to commence...Unfortunately I was a few minutes late and as I approached the the overpass where the highway I was on crosses over another major interstate I hit the traffic jam. Of course I was doing more than I should have been...thinking of tomorrows appointments etc...

In any event ...I had to stop rather abruptly..

What happened next looked like something out of a movie.. I hear this clang to my right....and out of the corner of my eye I see my brand new pruner attachment go shooting past me on the right hand side of my truck (Panic struck)...skipping and sliding across the asphalt past the next two cars in front of me it went...at which point I lost sight of it (relief it must have stopped)..only to regain seeing it as it somehow hit the side of the highway and shot over the railing of the overpass (More Panic). At this point traffic was moving at a snails pace so I was able to pull over close enough to the railing to stop. I exited my vehicle and looked over the railing to see my pruner attachment 40 feet down half in the break down lane and the other half out in the slow lane...Needless to say even at 40 feet I could see substancial damage to the shaft. I can assume since the chain saw end is much heavier...this was the end that took the brunt of the 40 foot fall. I didnt see any cars below that were pulled over, or any that had any damage to them...and I did take a few moments to access the situation.

There wasnt much I could do at that point...If I would have seen someone hurt, or pulled over with there vehicle, I would have driven to the next exit and turned around....but there wasnt, and from the looks of the unit laying down there on the highway..there was not much point at going down to retrieve it. Plus, by the time I would have been able to get off the overpass I was on and back down to the crash site, I'm sure the unit would have been picked up by a motorist. Not worth much more than the scrap value at this point.

I guess bungy cords were not meant to be used as a safe and secure bracketing method either....or as a bandaid to fix a substandard bracket. I haven't gone back to my dealer to purchase a replacement...I'm still just a little bit embarrassed.

DUSTYCEDAR
03-19-2007, 07:06 PM
broken carbs and plugs seem pretty extreme, did you have some cinder blocks or something else bouncing around there with them? this does seem like a product that would give you piece of mind.

no cinder blocks back there just when u turn they would roll from side to side and smash the snot out of them :)

blakeg314
03-19-2007, 08:51 PM
i need a trimmer rack

bigjeeping
03-20-2007, 08:35 AM
Matt, I PMed you my info but didn't hear anything back

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Matt, I PMed you my info but didn't hear anything back

I just got your information, didn't notice that there was private messages here. We are shipping the trimmer racks out today for everyone that has won so far.

R&J Lawn
03-21-2007, 01:53 PM
I will give you a couple,

1. As the day goes on nearing the end, My guy gets done trimming, puts the trimmer in "The Rack"- Pulls out a mower and helps finish mowing... All is good. We load up the mowers and blowers, and we are on our way. Not 20ft later we hear a scraping noise, My man had forgot to put the back pin in, the trimmer had fallen out of the back and was ran over by the trailer wheel. Needless to say, a new head, shafts, and Edgit. It is as good as new!!

2. Leaving the shop, going to our 1st yard, we get there and "What do you know" no trimmer!! so we back track a couple of blocks, there it is layng in someones front yard, the Pins did not get latched properly, and well, you guessed it. It flew off- a Gas tank, Throttle trigger, Plastic, and it was near new with a few gouges and scratches.

Moral of the storey- We spend alot of cash on eqiupment to rely upon a non-superior piece of eqiupment for storage- and the brain power to make sure it is all hooked in right!!

Rob:rolleyes:

jc50292
03-21-2007, 02:06 PM
Thus far, I've still not bought a trimmer rack. I've heard one LCO owner after another complain about the one that they did buy, one actually talking me out of buying as I was about to purchase it. Up to now, I've been keeping my trimmers "bungi-corded down" on my 36" mower, but it bends the guard to do it that way. I was supposed to buy a trimmer rack this week, but I simply haven't gotten out to do it. I'd love for you to save me the trouble!
Here's a story though: I pull an enclosed trailer and my sons often help me. Well, closing the side door is not something I even think about anymore, I just know it's always done...except this day. My oldest son had simply set the trimmer inside of the side door of the trailer. We went around a corner and got onto the Evangeline Thruway when I hear this honking beside me. I look over, and a lady in a truck is waving at me and pointing at the back of her truck and at my trailer. We pull over and she tells me what happened as she reaches into the back of her truck and pulls my trimmer out. The turning lanes are right next to each other...two lines of cars at a time. She was next to me and as we got all the way into the turn, the side door of my trailer opened and the trimmer slid out. The rear end of the trimmer hit the pavement and because it was dropping hard and fast the front of the trimmer was rotating up and over. As the trimmer hit the pavement it bounced back up and somehow the momentum caused it to ride the side of her truck and it ended up in the back of her truck. She was very good-natured about it...it didn't do any noticeable damage to the side of her truck and my boys now double check the latches every time. My oldest son did ask me why I don't have a trimmer rack yet...dad didn't have a good answer for that one.

work4green
03-21-2007, 05:01 PM
Well I suppose I don't have any horror stories about trimmer racks since I haven't used any in the 10 years I've been in business. That is because I have not found any 'trimmer' racks I deem capable of holding two or three 25 pound(each), $1000(each) 'weedeaters'. You see, I specialize in clearing underbrush, and that requires heavier 'trimmers' than most other landscapers. I am using stihl FS550 and husqvarna 265RX clearing saws. I have not found a rack that can take the weight, diameter of shaft, or accomodate the bulky handlebars of these machines. It's difficult to tell from the website, but I doubt even these fantastic racks will hold them. They have been stored in the back of my truck(with camper shell to prevent theft). This makes the truck very crowded, as well as difficult and time consuming to remove tools.

Well, why am I posting in this thread you ask? I do have a hedge trimmer mounted on a weedeater head that uses the normal diameter shaft. This type of hedge trimmer tends to shift in a regular rack, rotating the engine upside down- leaking gas. The extra weight of the sickle bar head would also bounce, damaging the shaft. This new style mount looks like it would hold it very well. :weightlifter: That'd free up more space in the back of the truck for the clearing saws.

I also like the looks of the Fastrap tiedowns you manufacture. I've been looking for a solution for tieing my ATV down that did not require compressing the suspension.

RPM1
03-21-2007, 05:39 PM
last year was my 1st year in the business and i never have had a trimmer rack before i never knew where to get one,i alwalys have had a fear of parking my truck and trailer and coming back to them with my trimmers and edgers gone, not a good feeling. if i do not win a rack could you send me some info about it thanks matt

The Lawn Patrol
03-24-2007, 08:57 PM
I just started in business a year ago. I am a police officer full time. I am totally legit with liability insurance and DBA.

I do not have a really good story other than the trimmer I bought last year is broken from getting bounced around in the back of my truck.

I'd be happy to give you some free advertising via a new trimmer rack here in the Capital District of NY

Thanks very much for your consideration.

Kevin

IMOW
03-25-2007, 07:38 PM
Well this is my second season in business. I bought a smaller trailer (10 foot) because the 16' landscape trailer I had last year was just to big for what I am going to be doing this year. I pull it around with a Ford Expedition because I can't afford to trade it in for a pickup. I have been carring my weedeater, edger, trimmers, and fert spreader in the back because I haven't had the time or money to buy a rack. One of those would some in real handy and I could put it to good use. Hopefully I won't pass out from the gas smell in the Expo before I get one.

email - johnniespunaugle@sbcglobal.net

B&M
03-26-2007, 01:58 PM
After our first year in business I decided that I wanted (needed) a set of trimmer racks. I proceeded look into what the local dealer's had to offer, mostly name brand and off brand racks none of which looked like they would hold up longer than a year. So I started looking for racks on the internet and basically found more of the same poor quality, and high price. After all this I finely said screw this I'll just fab up a set. I proceeded to build what I though was a strong set of two place racks for our main trailer. After all this research and work what I ended up with is no better that what I could have bought, our trimmers spin, and one of my welds broke. Here are pictures of the damage to the guard. http://www.lawnsite.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=76952&stc=1&d=1174927878
PHTO0049m.JPG

mcneacm
03-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Matt

I'm just getting started in the mowing business and I went out bought a trailer with 4' sides and expanded metal, unfortunately I found out if you don't have everything locked down then agile theives will scale the side of your trailer and steal your weedeater, while you are inside having a burrito at Taco Bueno. I think one of your weed eater racks is exactly what I need to attach to my trailer.

Thanks
Chad

AbsoluteH&L
03-26-2007, 08:09 PM
Well this isin't a misfortune, not for me at least. But a good story.
While on the way to my next lawn I spot this trimmer laying on the edge of the road. It's partly in the road, grass and someones driveway. I turn the corner, pull over, and grab it before someone runs it over. At present I just keep my trimmers in my trailer with the mowers. A Extreme Series trimmer rack would be a professional addition to my trailer. But obviously smart purchase for anyone with an inferior trimmer rack. I like the block mounts that keep it from rattling around as on lessor racks.

scagwildcat
03-26-2007, 08:29 PM
MY STORY is mostly the same as all the rest, when i started out a years back, i bought a no name brand trimmer rack, it didnt even have pads to protect the trimmer at all, it was made from angle iron, and had (C) channel were the trimmer went, with a pin to hold the trimers in, well, i bought two new echo gt2000 trimmers and put them in the rack, after the first day of use, i noticed that the plastic handles on the trimmers were getting chewed my the metal, a week later, one trigger(throttle) broke, and they both started hard or were flooded due to the fact that they spun around in the rack, i felt like a fool ever time i was at the curb and having to struggle to get them started....not to mention the fact that i could go back and trace my route by following the gas trail i left behind.... i ended up removing the trimmer rack and the trimmers started right up like the were suposed too.not the greatest story but it mine .... ppavano@snet.net thanks for letting me share with you all....

rfed32
03-27-2007, 12:16 AM
first off let me say im 20yrs old and worked for everything i have my grandparents gave me the first 21inch mower i used and that was it(which i still have today)

but anyways i bought a used 6x10 trailer off a guy at my cusins work. it had homeade trimmer racks on them. i tried to use them but the trimmer would just not stay on so i finaly cut them off seeing that they were welded on. i lost one trimmer b.c of those racks. now im out another couple hundred bucks. so then i started to put it in the bed of my truck. if you take a sharp turn you can hear them roll roll roll smash into the side of the bed, take another turn roll roll roll smash into the other side of the bed. all day long. so finaly i desided to buy a homemade set off of ebay 40bucks and at my house a week later. so i put them on...fist thing that happens is i break the trigger on the trimmer, if nothing is on them they sway back and forth back and forth. they rusted out like no other and to this day i am left with nothing. i have gone thru 2trimmer racks and 3trimmers due to rack or no racks so i am in need of something good.

good luck to everyone if i can find a pic of the orig i will post it youll get a kick out of it...or better yet my uncle mite still have it...he took it for some odd reason...thanks a lot

Rhinox29
03-27-2007, 04:35 AM
My first rack was from a nationaly known Tractor company. I was just starting out and was looking for a cheap alternative. They have no locking mechanisim so I came up with my own way to lock up my trimmers. Everything was fine until one day my partner and I stopped for lunch. When we came out everything was gone rack, trimmers,edgers etc. The racks were so cheaply made the crooks just bent the posts back and forth until the bars bent and eventually broke off. Thank goodness for insurance. I have a better version now but from what I can tell from your racks the newer one has a long way to go to reach your quality. Your racks sure would be a blessing.

Thanks
Eric

Metro Lawn
03-27-2007, 07:12 PM
I wish I had a good rack story to tell, but i don't. Fact is, over the years I have spent all kinds of money on every type rack you can imagine. I have never had one break. I have never had one damage a trimmer. I have never even had anything stolen off of one. Want to know why? They are so hard to use and such a pain that my guys just put the trimmers in the back of the truck and never use them. Since I run enclosed trailers, they do store them on the racks at night, but first thing in the morning they are in the bed of the truck. It appears your system may be a better idea that will make them want to use the racks. Thanks and good luck with the product.

Duekster
03-27-2007, 10:32 PM
Go out to the shinny new big client ready to impress only to stuck unable to finish the job because the line trimmer was damaged. Had to pack up to go get it fixed but because of parts availability at the local shop was a no go. So I shelled for a new unit just to get the job done.

Down time cost more than these racks cost on just one good job.

I am buying these soon.

bigjeeping
03-27-2007, 10:56 PM
Got my racks today... WOW.
These definitely weren't "fabbed up" in the shop over the weekend.
These took some skillful and thoughtful design! I've never seen a rack like it.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Thus far, I've still not bought a trimmer rack. I've heard one LCO owner after another complain about the one that they did buy, one actually talking me out of buying as I was about to purchase it. Up to now, I've been keeping my trimmers "bungi-corded down" on my 36" mower, but it bends the guard to do it that way. I was supposed to buy a trimmer rack this week, but I simply haven't gotten out to do it. I'd love for you to save me the trouble!
Here's a story though: I pull an enclosed trailer and my sons often help me. Well, closing the side door is not something I even think about anymore, I just know it's always done...except this day. My oldest son had simply set the trimmer inside of the side door of the trailer. We went around a corner and got onto the Evangeline Thruway when I hear this honking beside me. I look over, and a lady in a truck is waving at me and pointing at the back of her truck and at my trailer. We pull over and she tells me what happened as she reaches into the back of her truck and pulls my trimmer out. The turning lanes are right next to each other...two lines of cars at a time. She was next to me and as we got all the way into the turn, the side door of my trailer opened and the trimmer slid out. The rear end of the trimmer hit the pavement and because it was dropping hard and fast the front of the trimmer was rotating up and over. As the trimmer hit the pavement it bounced back up and somehow the momentum caused it to ride the side of her truck and it ended up in the back of her truck. She was very good-natured about it...it didn't do any noticeable damage to the side of her truck and my boys now double check the latches every time. My oldest son did ask me why I don't have a trimmer rack yet...dad didn't have a good answer for that one.

Congratulations, you have been selected to win one of our extreme series racks.

It is very fortunate and amazing that the trimmer didn't fly into someones windshield, causing serious damage. With our Xtreme Series rack it will be impossible for the trimmer to fly out. It doesn't even matter if the rack is locked or unlocked either as the quick release thumb levers will hold the trimmer in place.

Please email me shipping information and be sure to include your telephone number.

Thank you for the story,

Matt

RPM1
03-29-2007, 03:07 PM
how do you know if you have won a trimmer rack do you send an e mail or just post it to this forum

Matt TrailerRacks.com
03-29-2007, 03:33 PM
how do you know if you have won a trimmer rack do you send an e mail or just post it to this forum

We post everytime we give one away. If they don't respond to us then we send them a private message.

Total.Lawn.Care
03-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Well, being that I started up last year, money has been tight. I started looking at racks and I could not believe the cost of some of them. I mean, they just hold a trimmer, RIGHT???? Well, being that I new I needed racks, yet could not afford to buy any, not even cheap ones from Ebay or anywhere else, I decided that while I was building a ramp for my trailer, I would make my own.

I felt like my design was simple and would do the job. I pull an enclosed trailer, so I was not concerned about theft, just a place to keep the trimmers off the floor and on the wall where they belong. So, i measured and cut angle iron, welded them into a nice rack. I used 2" wide flat bar, heated it up and bent a U in them and welded them to the Angle Iron. I rigured if the U was deep enough, the trimmers would not be able to bounce out over the top of the U. So the U brackets are about 5" deep. Well, I have misjudged the effect some of our roads and Railroad crossings have on being able to move equipment in my trailer.

I was heading to a customers property one day and took a railroad track crossing a little to fast (it caught me by surprise) and I knew that everything in the trailer had shifted from the bouncing. What I did not know, was that both trimmers and my edger came out of the rack in some form or fashion. The Edger (was on the bottom) and the middle trimmer both came completely out of the rack. The top trimmer, only the engine end came out. I was surpised that the mower did not crush them, and when I saw the head fo the top trimmer still in the rack and the angle of the shaft, I just new it was going to be bad.

I was lucky that I did not have any major damage to any of the equipment. I did have to make adjustments to the trigger housing on one trimmer and reposition the engine on another because it has turned about 30deg around the shaft when it fell.

It would be nice to get a "REALLY GOOD" set of racks to protect my equipment, especially since as of tomorrow, I am going full time in my business. I feel money will be a little tight for a while and I cannot afford to be replacing equipment due to substandard storage racks.

Duncan90si
03-29-2007, 07:21 PM
I got my free trimmer rack in the mail. The design is awesome. These are the most secure trimmer racks on the market. I'm bolting it on this weekend. Thanks again Matt.

lawntimenosee
03-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for all the reviews so far.. I'm trying to decide on a set of racks for my box truck now.

My main concern is sturdiness and how securely they grip the trimmer/edgers.
Also it's nice to have quick, easy access on and off especially when summer hits (feels like we skipped spring here lately) and we are working wide open.

Since I purchased this truck last year I have had my trimmers and edgers hanging on these hooks on the wall in the picture below..

http://img338.imageshack.us/img338/2725/img0299ti6.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

Luckily I have never had any fall out during transport (knock on wood)
They do exactly what I need and very quick on/off with no locks or bungees.

That being said there is a chance that these will fall out one day, and I just got a bigger mower so I could use the extra floor space.

So far from what I have read here these are nice quality racks.. user reviews are important for all my purchases.. especially online purchases.

I look forward to reading more reviews here on lawnsite to help me make a decision.. I will be purchasing a set of racks, just unsure which ones yet.

Btw.. anyone have this one? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=016&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item=260088982165&rd=1&rd=1

turfman007
03-31-2007, 03:00 AM
My trimmer is the one item in my enclosed trailer that I had purchased a rack for at one of the big box hardware stores last summer. It seemed to be working fine until one day in late fall. I unloaded my mower and was doing fall cleanup for one of my customers. This customer in particular is one of my most demanding and expects perfection when it comes to the outside appearance of his home. I had just completed the backyard and was proceeding to the front when I saw my trailer dripping an unknown liquid onto his newly blacktopped driveway. Upon investigation I discovered that the trimmer head had let loose from the rack bracket and landed on my unsecured 5 gallon topped off gas container, causing it to tip over and spill all twelve dollars of gas into my trailer and onto his new blacktop. Being that gas and blacktop do not mix well, I ended up paying dearly to have his driveway resurfaced. In the end I was able to keep him as a customer, but I vowed that day never to buy poor quality equipment again.

Darrin A.
03-31-2007, 09:32 AM
I started 2 years ago with a S-10 Blazer, a 5 X 8 trailer with 1/4 to 1/2" rails (never did measure them) that I got for $450, then put tires on it. I never got trimmer racks because I didn't want to ruin them by having them welded on. I put the trimmer in the back of the Blazer. Last year I got my truck, 89 GMC w/ 6.5' bed, bungied the trimmer to the inside of the truck. Both were a PITA. This year I spent $800 on a new trimmer and BP blower and $950 on a new trailer. I also got a tool box for the truck so putting the trimmer in the truck won't work. I am looking at TT for racks but have never seen one up close. I NEED to get a trimmer rack because I don't want to tell any "horor" stories like the ones in this thread. These racks look great.

Darrin A.

supernatural
03-31-2007, 10:47 AM
Ya, you guys with the enclosed trailers need to watch that door. I was making a left turn a busy intersection and I saw a Stihl back pack blower tumbling in my rear view mirror as I made the turn. Then I saw my side door swinging and about crapped in my pants. I stopped my rig right there and ran back to get my newly bought Stihl BR420 blower laying there. It had a few scratches, but it was a Stihl and lasted for years after. Rule number one, spend the extra $$$ and buy things of good quality. Rule number 2, ALWAYS make sure the side door is closed. Later in life I went to an open trailer and used the standard C channel type rack. But all the bouncing around the trimmers do, the C channel leaves a big grove in my expensive trimmers. There is just way to much room for the trimmer to move around. Well I bought a new enclosed trailer this weekend, its a Haulmark like my last one. I still use nothing but Stihl equiptment, its the brand I will use till the day I die. I always thought all trimmer racks were the same but this one looks ALOT better than the rest. I think it would be a great addition to my enclosed trailer. I never thought of putting an actual rack in it until today. The standard C channel type wasn't going to make its way into my new set-up.

wakesetter2001
03-31-2007, 04:10 PM
Got my rack on Thursday and got them installed. They are awesome. I have a couple very very small suggestions but there is defiantly nothing out there that is better.

Matt I got your message I just have not had time to call you yet.

donniegbme
03-31-2007, 06:17 PM
This will be my third year doing lawn service. I got married and inherited two step children in addition to my two children, one of which I pay child support. The father of my two step children does not believe in paying his child support and since he works for him self, it is impossible to collect. I was having a tough time paying bills and had to figure out a way to make ends meet. That is how I got in the lawn service business. I started with a riding mower and a push mower. The weedeater that I had could not do the job so I bought a used Stihl weedeater for 220.00. I also bought a small handheld blower. I started out putting the weedeater, blower and other stuff in the back of my truck but by the time I got to the jobsite the equipment was always flipping and rolling around and losing gas everywhere.

Then I decided strap the equipment down with bungy cords in my trailer with my mowers. This worked well until the time it didn't at the end of last season.

It was late in the day and as usual I was tired. I guess I did not strap the cord around my weedeater good enough. I was driving down the road when a guy in a 4x4 truck came up beside me at a red light and motioned for me to pull over. I pulled over and he came up to my truck holding the remains of my weedeater. The housing was busted up and the shaft was bent. He told me the weedeater bounced out of my trailer as I crossed over some railroad tracks and he did not have time to dodge it. He ran right over it. We looked his truck over and there was no damage to his truck. I cannot say the same about my weedeater. He was very nice about the situation and I was lucky it was not someone in a small car that was lawsuit happy. There are good people.

I just invested in 2 new weedeaters and a backblower. I have been looking at buying a trimmer rack to try and keep something like this from happening again but everything that I read about them in these forums has kept me from buying one, but I have got to do something. If you feel that I am worthy, I would love to give your rack a workout.

grassnazi1
03-31-2007, 11:17 PM
Sooooo, here is my horror story of the first ever string trimmer rack! We purchased a used trailer with a no name trimmer rack already on it and it worked out pretty well for the first 2 days.... The 3rd day was yet another story..... Taking a well needed lunch break In McDonalds drive thru, the back post closest to the drop gate snapped at the weld as we were turning the corner, spun around and wacked the voice box at the drive thru and knocked out there speaker..... All said and done, my cheap trailer and trimmer rack ended up costing me an additional $245 bucks from wacking a Mcdonalds drive thru speaker not to mention busting up the echo trimmer we had on it a little too. Needless to say, I am more then sure it also scared the hell out out of the lady working the drive thru with the headset on because we pulled up and she said "what the hell did you do?!?!" So there's my 2 cent story, maybe it'll be worth a new rack, it looks great! Scott

Big M LawnnSnow
04-01-2007, 08:01 AM
My old racks were so bad they just were not worth using.
Trimmers would spin, fall out and get slammed around also there was zero security with them.
It got so the guys would just put the trimmers in the back of the truck which leads to more problems.
Your racks sure look like there made to do the job they are intended to do.
I would like to see them in action.
Thanks for the info
Mike

Matt TrailerRacks.com
04-03-2007, 11:05 AM
I wish I had a good rack story to tell, but i don't. Fact is, over the years I have spent all kinds of money on every type rack you can imagine. I have never had one break. I have never had one damage a trimmer. I have never even had anything stolen off of one. Want to know why? They are so hard to use and such a pain that my guys just put the trimmers in the back of the truck and never use them. Since I run enclosed trailers, they do store them on the racks at night, but first thing in the morning they are in the bed of the truck. It appears your system may be a better idea that will make them want to use the racks. Thanks and good luck with the product.

Congrats,

We are gonna have decided to award you with one of our racks.

Our rack is so fast and easy to use it is actually faster to put it in the rack than to throw it in the back of a pickup truck. And since it doesn't roll around in the rack it will eliminate any damage to your trimmers.

Let us know how it goes, you should have your rack by Monday at the very latest.

Matt TrailerRacks.com
04-03-2007, 11:26 AM
I got my free trimmer rack in the mail. The design is awesome. These are the most secure trimmer racks on the market. I'm bolting it on this weekend. Thanks again Matt.

Glad to see it made it to you safely.

Is there any way you can take pictures of the rack mounted on your trailer? We could use some more pictures for our website.

Thank you

Duncan90si
04-03-2007, 08:04 PM
Yeah sure, not a problem. My trailer is parked in a bad spot for pictures right now. As soon as I move it I will take pics and post them up here for you.

scagwildcat
04-04-2007, 07:27 PM
heres a story, since i posted my story and didnt win a rack, i had to go out and order one from your competitor,and had to take the money from my 2yo's
collage fund, how do you feel now? just kidding, but seeing not everyone here will win one, how much are they?

evenodds20
04-07-2007, 12:56 AM
Well about 1 year ago i started getting tools together and getting ready to start marketing on the budget that i had. i have previously worked with lawn care business for hourly wage but feel up to running my very own now. i went out and bought 1 echo straight shaft trimmer and a curved shaft trimmer for my wife. i have a weed eater brand but that is always giving me problems. i also invested in a husqvarna commercial backpack blower! now i always wanted to get the trimmer racks to look a little more professional and also to secure my trimmers the right way and safely. Ive looked at a few but the ones that i had in mine i could not afford at the time. One day in august i was finished up cutting for the evening and approaced a railroad in a not so good neiborhood, and came to a stop as the rail road gaurds came down and the train came. I was waiting for a train that seemed to be forever and all of a sudden i looked in my rear view mirror to see 3 guys on my passenger side standing next to my trailer. for some reason i froze in disbelief as to what they were doing. they were all looking down and then one guy looked up. as i opened my door the each grabbed a tool and hauled A** back through a little dirt pathway that lead between 2 houses and i never saw them again. my first instinct was to chase them but i quickly realize that i could not just leave my truck. so i went to the nearest gas station, parked and called the cops. needless to say my Echo Straight Shaft, Curved Shaft , backpack blower and a can of gass was never seen again. the cops told me i should have had it lock in a rack and began telling me where i can get one! sorry writing soooooo much !

lawntimenosee
04-09-2007, 05:27 PM
I just placed my order for the Xtreme Series Four Place Trimmer Rack..

I look forward to recieving them and will post some pics.

So far these racks look like the best out there!

Thanks for the reviews.. :dancing:

lawntimenosee
04-17-2007, 11:19 PM
new racks installed..

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/771/pict1261bj5.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/4676/pict1265hq9.jpg

http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/623/pict1266rz8.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/5334/pict1278an1.jpg

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/4886/pict1279ux5.jpg

Branchland
04-19-2007, 08:20 PM
Here's my story. When I first started I had (still do) a 6x12 open trailer. No racks. I put the trimmer and blower in the truck bed. When I'd stop to eat I would run a chain through the handles and lock them together to try and deter anybody from stealing them. What a PITA. Luckly I have not had anything stolen. Now I have a enclosed trailer but still no racks. I did make one with some stuff from Lowe's but they are not secure. They will move around and if I hit a big bump they fall. Well now I just hired somebody and I'm going to give them the old truck with the open trailer. With no racks I'm going to educate him on how I used to do it. I just hope they don't get stolen or broke.

Frontier-Lawn
04-20-2007, 03:12 PM
the trimmer racks we use we got at Lowe's and have never been happy with them since they were a week old. the 5 trimmers just roll around all the time. to end this we put wood blocks in the holders against the trigger handle, and it worked for now. the other problem is that the pins in the holes only take a Small lock and thats not to safe. we would love to change out our racks to a better type.

Poncho25
04-22-2007, 09:14 PM
How heavy are these racks? I got trimmertraps racks but they are so heavy that I had to use 2x4's on the plywood in my enclosed trailer to get them to stay up, even still they are heavy and now stickout so much, I would love to exchange them for something not as bulky for enclosed trailers... And the weight of them have already done damage to 2 of my trimmers shafts, and being in business now for almost a year, that a cost I can not afford! : /

Lynden-Jeff
04-23-2007, 02:55 PM
How heavy are these racks? I got trimmertraps racks but they are so heavy that I had to use 2x4's on the plywood in my enclosed trailer to get them to stay up, even still they are heavy and now stickout so much, I would love to exchange them for something not as bulky for enclosed trailers... And the weight of them have already done damage to 2 of my trimmers shafts, and being in business now for almost a year, that a cost I can not afford! : /

They arn't heavy at all. Maybe 5 lbs a post? I didn't weigh it but it isn't much, its like a peice of small fence post.

Cheers
Jeff

BUCKEYE MOWING
04-29-2007, 12:19 PM
Being a small time guy ..I do not have any trimmer racks and I keep my stuff in the bed of my truck under a tonneau cover....I stopped at a McD's in a nice area and as I sat down to eat..I watched as 2 guys pull ed back my cover (the hatch was locked) and attempt to make off with both my trimmers ...they seemed to know they were there and did not care who was watching ....long story short ...be carefull ....I ran after them but they made off with one ..they had friends waiting behind the place in another truck....Police say you will be lucky to see your stuff....yada yada yada ..Lock it up boys ...no place is safe. I will be looking at racks that lock on Monday !!

Duncan IN
04-29-2007, 10:14 PM
I had been in the lawn care industry for 6 years without a trimmer rack. I have seen all my competitors all have racks on their trailers. I have looked at so many and was never satisfied with design and eas of use. Last year I was in louisville, IL looking at new equipment when I came across the extreme trimmer rack. I was instantly set on this new design. I paid in advance there and recieve my rack this spring. I have been extremely happy with it and I feel completely safe about my weedeaters in this rack and its convenance of use I would recommend this rack to anyone!!!!

Levi Duncan
Lone Tree Lawn Care

statman
05-01-2007, 01:07 AM
Why I need a new trimmer rack....

I started mowing commercially 10 years ago. I started to help out some older folks in my neighborhood that could no longer maintain their own yards. Then my parents and in-laws hit 75 or so and they could not take care of their own lawns. Then it was an aunt, then her friend, then our church and parsonage. I ended up with 35 yards, and felt pretty good that I was helping out folks in need and not taking advantage of them.

In my third year or so, I got a bacterial infection in my leg. The doctors think I scratched up my leg weed-wacking and got some dog dooo or something in it. I landed in the hospital for 7 days in May. I had no choice but to turn over total operation of the "business" to my two teenage sons. Wow, what a nightmare I thought. BUT, they sucked it up and worked together and kept up quite nicely. In fact, they even added a customer.

Fast forward about 7 years, and they (my sons) decide they want to go out on their own. One is getting married and buying a house and the other wants a new truck and doesn't want to go in debt up to his armpits. I decided that I wanted an enclosed trailer, so I bought a new Haulin' and gave them my old open trailer, my back-up ZTR mower , a 21 inch Toro, Echo trimmer and blower, and a Little Wonder edger.

My trimmer rack went with the old trailer. Now my trimmer, stick edger, and backpack blower are rolling around on the floor of my new trailer, just asking to get ran over whenever I load up. I have been looking at racks, but want to get some cash flowing in before I spend any more money.

Thanks for the opportunity to reflect a bit and for offering such a nice prize!

IA_James
05-06-2007, 03:30 PM
As a newer lawn care provider, I am of course working on a limited budget. One of the most important things to me right now is making sure the equipment I've acquired, remains mine. Right after that, is making sure to take care of and not cause any damage to that equipment. The Xtreme series trimmer racks appear to be ideal to meet both needs. The locking system appears to be the best thing since sliced bread, both locking all trimmers up at once, and eliminating the opportunity for me to lose the lock. Second, the elimination of the trimmer rolling around in the blocks will prevent damage to my expensive trimmers, and both unsightly and potentially dangerous fuel leaks. In short, it appears that the Xtreme series trimmer racks are the best of all worlds when it comes to trimmer racks for a guy with an open trailer.

Hogey2000
05-07-2007, 12:51 AM
Introducing the Xtreme Series Trimmer Rack

http://www.trailerracks.com/images/products/Chart.jpghttp://www.trailerracks.com/images/products/XB103_Full.jpghttp://www.trailerracks.com/images/products/Zoom_In.jpg

Green Touch Industries Inc. reinvents the line trimmer rack. Their newest product is the most advanced trimmer rack ever designed! It eliminates theft, itís the fastest rack on the market to use and it completely eliminates rolling in the rack and shaft wear. In spite of the huge advancement in design and value it remains very cost effective. Learn more and order online by visiting www.TrailerRacks.com

Topics (line trimmer stories; please tell us the brand that caused the damage or allowed the theft.):

Theft, what have you lost because your trimmer rack was easily penetrated?
Damage caused by spinning in the rack (including fuel spills and flooded engines)
Shaft damage (worn / broken shafts caused by your trimmer rack.)

Winners will be notified no later than 1 week of posting your story. Winners will receive one XA102 at no cost, all we would like in return would be a short review of our product. Winning stories could be used in future advertising.

Please visit our site at TrailerRacks.com (http://www.TrailerRacks.com) to place your order now, receive 10% OFF with coupon code: lawnsite1

This is my first post. I have been looking for a quality set of trimmer racks for a while. About the time I found one I want my wife and I were at a local home improvement center when she turns my attention to a, as she put it, "very affordable" trimmer rack. In other words "cheap". So I bought it. I've had nothing but headaches since. I had a Stihl trimmer stolen when someone cut the long shank lock that was supposed to secure it. Since then I bought an Echo trimmer that for brand new it looks at least two years old instead of two months because of the way it bounces around in the rack. Now its starting to leak fuel from the tank and that is not cheap. Anyway a long story short I always tell her you get what you pay for, "affordable" isn't always "quality".
Jason
j.d.hogue@suddenlink.net

mhussey
05-07-2007, 08:27 AM
I was mowing one day and didn't feel like putting my trimmer in the bed of the truck ( Don't have racks as of now). So I decided to just lay them inside the trailer. I didn't have far to go, so I said oh why not. Well got to my next stop and seen mower rolled up on my trimmer. Needless to say I was already kicking my self in the butt, but it ended up breaking my trigger, and the kill switch. I thought I broke the shaft, but didn't. I got really lucky on that situation.

Another problem I have is trimmers will roll around in the bed of the truck and fuel will spill on the bed. I have a touch of OCD when it comes to my truck. So I get pissed when I see a oil spill in the bed of my new truck.

These racks look like they could solve every issue with carrying trimmers around. I have been looking at some el cheapo racks and they just don't look to stand up to what these racks could stand up too. In my opinion, these look to be the best built on the market.

Prestige-Lawncare
05-10-2007, 10:41 AM
Start up costs for a new business (just about any new business) can be more overwhelming than most people plan for. Dreaming of your new business, and how you plan to be the "new guy on the block" with that seasoned professional look is the goal for many of us. Of course ... reality sets in, and money often runs out about the same time.

When I started out I had the same goals and ambitions as those noted above. With the purchase of mowers, trimmers, edger, blower, trailer, hand tools, extra blades and parts ... etc, etc, etc. ... my finances ran short as well. Like many others, I had every intention of making racks to hold my equipment in my trailer, up off the floor (didn't want to really look unprofessional), and save myself an extra $100. - $150.00. After all, how hard can it be to build a rack to hold three or four pieces of equipment?

I soon found that one of the big problems, and concerns, is to make sure the trimmers don't turn in the rack (which they will) ... and spill fuel all over the floor of your trailer, not to mention anything that happens to be below it, in it's path before it gets to the floor. Leaking gasoline all over my edgers motor, the motor for the pole saw, the tie down straps on the floor, and of course the floor of my enclosed trailer.

Time spent cleaning up the mess ... replacing the fuel (and oil mix too) ... the strong smell of gas for days and days as it is soaked in the wood of the trailer! It's not ... NOT ... worth it. We spend thousands and thousands of dollars on commercial mower and equipment, charge good money to maintain peoples lawns and landscaping ... yet we want to save a few bucks by not buying good quality equipment to secure our hand held power tools? We need to think again.

If you're going to be professional ... then be professional. As my father used to say ... a mans work is only as good as his tools. Take care of them ... they take care of you.

Dave Webb
Prestige Landscape Mgt. LLC

Duncan90si
05-19-2007, 08:29 PM
Here are pics of my rack that was awarded to me. I love these racks and I will buy more in the future when I get more trimmers and trailers. Thanks again Matt, I really appreciate it.

jcsaws
05-24-2007, 04:56 AM
Hi guy , these racks sound like a get idea.most people over here seem to make there own. where can i find more info,or does someone sell them in australia .. cheers jc
mechanic outdoor equipment

Frontier-Lawn
05-24-2007, 10:26 AM
Here are pics of my rack that was awarded to me. I love these racks and I will buy more in the future when I get more trimmers and trailers. Thanks again Matt, I really appreciate it.

a lot better looking then the ones i have :cry:

McVey Landscaping
05-29-2007, 04:59 AM
Never had a trailer rack. Looking to buy. These trailer racks looks like they are about the best on the market. Need one just ran over my Sthil Pro 80 trimmer. Laid it on the trailer hit a bump causing the bungee strap to break, yeap it bounced off the trailer and was caught by both the tandem passenger side wheels. Nice bent shaft, broken plastic engine housing air filter broke off. going to cost more to fix, then buying a new one. went ahead bought a new one. dont want the same mistake again.

DAMSLandscaping
06-01-2007, 09:26 AM
These racks are great! I on my new trailer this spring and have been using it for about a month and i still cant find anything i dont like about it. There are no pins or anything to loose the a trimmers stay right where you put them, no spinning around or anything. Its so easy to lock too if i go into a store or somthing you just push in the padlock and you dont have to worry. Its also great for fueling the trimmer, i set mine up to the fuel fill is facing up on the rack so i just pour it on in without having to hold the can and the trimmer and once and hope for the best. All in all these are great racks and ive shown them to lots of local guys and they all want one. If anyone on here around the portland area wants to take a look just pm me and i will give you my number we can meet up.

Added Touch
06-10-2007, 01:17 AM
Well, after reading the 1st 3 articles posted here, I don't have to read anymore. This is my 1st full year in business, and so far haven't had to experience the heartache of my trimmer flying off my mount .. cause I haven't bought one yet. I try my best to keep my trimmers tied down with bungee cords, but they have suffered some damage as well from bouncing around the trailer. I think I will save myself some time, money and maybe a lawsuit and get me a Trailer Track.

Thanks guys,

Added Touch

TK

Pitbull05
07-11-2007, 03:25 PM
I am new in the business and my 5'4" wife helps out. I have to keep my trimmers and blower in the back of my 04 F-150 4X4. We can't lower the tailgate because it will hit the trailer. It is quite the pain trying to reach over the side of the side to the truck to get something out of the bed of the truck. Having my wife get soemthing for me is out of the question, and it is only a matter of time before something gets damaged. Money is tight now being a newbie, and these rack would be a great help. :usflag:

Liberty Lawn & Landscape
07-16-2007, 01:22 AM
I don't know if ya'll are still giving these away, but I'll share my tale of woe anyhow. Four years ago I joined the Fire Department, and being that we work 24 on 48 off, I planned to start my own business as soon as my training was over. Well I got started with a Bobcat 36" walk behind (very old & used) that I bought from my Batt. Chief, an ancient Echo back pack blower, and my one piece of new equipment, a Toro trimmer multi tool with edger and hedge trimmer attatchments. I had no racks, but I kept everything locked up with a heavy duty cable. One morning, when I got off shift, I went to my first yard, as I walked around to grab the edger/trimmer, I noticed that I had forgotten to lock the cable, then I noticed that the trimmer was gone. I knew someone stole it as the solid sides of my tiny trailer wouldn't let anything fall out. I was astounded. While I was no longer a rookie firefighter, I was very much still a rookie in the lawncare business. I filed a police report the next day, and since I was sure that my Home Depot special was long gone, I went to Lost Mountain Outdoor Power to purchase a replacement. While I'm there I get a phone call from the officer that took the report, they had recovered my trimmer! I went ahead and bought a Maruyama split shaft trimmer and then claimed my stolen property.
Now that I was the proud owner of a true commercial trimmer, I knew I had to have some racks. Well, after shelling out $330 for the Maruyama, I bought some cheap no-name racks. What a mistake, I HATED them! My trimmers rattled around, spilling gas and cutting the wires. One day, I'm cruising home and someone pulls along side of me pointing at my trailer. I pull over and find that one of the trimmers had come loose from the rack and the engine had drug on the road wearing a hole in the fuel tank, thank goodness it was the Toro. I was thoroughly disgusted now. Since I upgraded my mower I really needed a bigger trailer. I found a used 6x12 with Green Touch racks and I jumped on it. Those racks are great, however I do lust for the Extreme racks on display down at the equipment dealer.

robienow
08-02-2007, 12:03 AM
Where do I start? That's my thought everytime I have full day of lawncare customers to satisfy and I look at my trailer. A fully enclosed CM 2 horse aluminum tandem axle horse. LOL Yeah, I'm the only guy in my area with that type of "lawn rig". Gets alot of look too. Anyway I have been trying to figure out how to hang up my Echo trimmers, that I just bought, so I can protect my investment. I even tried hangin em on the tack racks by the gas tanks but I think this will eventually turn ugly. (ie only the tank left hanging on the wall.) I need something I can bolt directly to an aluminum wall stud that wont caust "galvanic corrosion". I have looked at other racks but can't see them working. Would love to see if your racks could solve my problem. P.S. I know your thinking, I'd love to see what his trailer looks like. I can send pics. Oh and I am a brand new member and this is my very first post over. New to the biz and new to this site. It has been a great resource and worth many many laughs for me. Thanks guys.

walkerpro
08-18-2007, 06:54 PM
I've been in this business for 20 years! Have never had a trimmer rack, always used the floor of the trailer to store trimmer. It has had mixed results regarding the trimmers condition. I have a new stick edger which means I have two items competing for floor space in my trailer. They both don't fit, so the new edger has to ride in the truck bed, where security is a concern. My trailer is a "basket" trailer, 5x14 custom built, with a tarp over bows on the top. All openings on this trailer can, and are padlocked, leaving only what I am using unsecured. As a result I haven't been too concerned about theft, but the head of my trimmer has taken much abuse from bouncing around the floor of the trailer. The plastic engine cover is just about gone, and as a result I feel I look less "professional" when using this piece of equipment than I'd like. I would buy a new cover for it, but no use if it is just going to continue to get the same abuse. However since buying this stick edger I now realize I need a trimmer rack. These Extreme Series racks really look like they are made to my "professional standards"! I have been looking at racks for several weeks now and have not been impressed with what I've seen, until I found these on an internet search. Matt, this may not be much of a horror store regards wayward trimmers, but one of these on my trailer, which was built, right down to matching wheels, to compliment my "Professional Grade" GMC truck, would sure be a great compliment to my rolling stock! I would like to expose your product here locally, as I haven't seen many posts from LOC's here in Oklahoma!

"04 GMC Z-71
1998 5x14 Basket Trailer
2005 Walker MT-GHS 48"
1996 Honda 21" HR-216
2005 Lawnboy 21" push
2003 Echco PB-750T blower
unkn. Echco SRM-2400
unkn. Echco SRM-2100
2007 Echco stick edger

ExcaliburLawnCare
08-21-2007, 08:18 PM
Not quite sure if this is still going on but here is my story:

I do not have any sob stories about either my gear falling from another rack onto the road, gas spills, or theft. I do, however, know that my gear needs to be secure considering I live at an apartment complex with my gear in plain view of all who drive by. I have been cutting grass part-time since 1999 in order to pay for gas to get back and forth to college. This year, I decided to drop out of graduate school and go into the Lawn Care business full force since it is what I love to do. Getting a set of Trimmer Racks would greatly add to the security of my gear but also allow me to have a better presentation of that gear upon arriving at a client's parcel as well as driving down the road.

Thank you for the opportunity to participate in this competition.

Silas

kc2006
09-03-2007, 03:29 PM
I have an update to my story. The cheap basic rack that I had finally let go, the piece of flat steal that the trimmer rests on broke when I hit a pot hole. Broke the trigger on my trimmer but luckily didn't bend the trimmer. I've just been throwing the trimmer in my bed, but that has to stop with leaf season coming.

I'll be ordering an xtreme rack tomorrow.

kf4pbm
09-11-2007, 11:27 PM
great! i found this the day after i bought another brand! i have a feeling this rack will be in my trailer soon anyways. i can always use the other for hanging ropes, belts and other items, if that gives you an idea of the brand. hint, hint.

good product,
mark

stevenf
09-16-2007, 07:18 PM
My first trimmer rack was purchased from a dealer. At first it looked very strong so Ididnt pay attention to the price. A few weeks later, I got out of my truck to find one of my trimmer handles and throttle assembley completely broken off of the shaft. It didnt hold the trimmer in place securely enough and it broke it from all the bouncing. I then purchased a no name brand from ebay because I had remembered seeing one like it on another trailer. I got out of the truck and went to unload the trimmer when the bracket completey fell off causeing the trimmer to hit the ground and break the plastic engine protection pieces. Needless to say, it was the weld that had come loose. It was a good thing it didnt happen while I was driving because I had that side of the rack bolted closer to the truck which means if that trimmer would have fallen, The ground movie would have caught the engine, broke it off the trailer, and sent it flying in the air.