PDA

View Full Version : cub cadet trimmer = pos

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
03-12-2007, 04:12 PM
Hey guys, just bought a cub cadet "commercial" or so the sales lady says trimmer, cc3075, it has a quick link where you can change attachments. I started it up the other day and the motor runs good, but you have to have the thing wound out to trim even the slightest grass, when you have the throttle anywhere under 3/4 the way wide open the cutting head just bogs down, not the engine just the head. I swear my $40 homelite trimmer is 5x better than this piece of crap. But is this to be expected with a quick connect type of trimmer or do i just have a lemon ?? I do alot of trimming with my other trimmer with the throttle not even half way open. Its just like there is a "clutch" or something slipping on the cub cadet? Any ideas or help would be appreciated. thanks

Jay Ray
03-12-2007, 11:29 PM
I have a cc3000 that I got for pond trimming because it is about 2" longer than my Stihl.

I had the same problem and it was the flexible (wound wire) drive shaft. The square end was partly rounded off at the gearbox. Got the part on-line for about $25, I think from M&D Mower but am not sure about that.

If anyone has found a source to buy the dual .105 string in bulk (welded together and you split the two strands to go out the two holes in the bump head), please post it.

The cc3000 is better on maiden cane than the Stihl imo. The Stihl is way better for everything else.

lawnboy dan
03-13-2007, 03:34 PM
i bought a cub st23 because it got the longer shaft too. mine is great -plenty of power . you must have got a dud

tank
03-13-2007, 07:54 PM
sales lady lied that is not a comm unit only the st series are comm.

wriken
03-13-2007, 08:03 PM
sales lady lied that is not a comm unit only the st series are comm.

Thats what I think also, I have 6 st-26's, all are good trimmers

RickE
04-29-2007, 12:17 PM
I just found out why my trimmer head doesn't turn with the engine...
The coupling on the top half of the split shaft is rounded out! Not the cheap, easy to fix lower portion with the squared end, the non removable receiver end that does not come out of the housing. Anyone else find this?

superclyde007
05-02-2007, 05:38 PM
Where did you buy this trimmer? I have ST Cub Commercial trimmers and they are great machines. They are solid drive shafts and are not split boom. I have very little faith in anybody's split boom. I have owned them from top manufacturers in the past and have never been impressed with any of them. I looked at Cubs' Commercial brochure and the CC3075 is not listed in the commercial literature. I have seen that model before but it is not a commercial machine.

THEoneandonlyLawnRanger
05-03-2007, 04:35 AM
I bought it at a local CC dealer, i should have known it wasnt commercial, i havent seen a commercial split shaft.......not saying there isnt one, the main reason i bought it, because it was on sale for 99 bucks, regularly 200+$, she said CC made too many of them and they bought out a Lot of them and thats why they could sell them so cheap

american dream
05-06-2007, 11:45 PM
i have owned a cc3000 for 4 years great piece no problems.

rollerzeke
06-12-2007, 09:47 PM
Hello all.
This is new member rollerzeke.
I'm still learning to navigate around on this site.
I found this thread about the Cub Cadet String Trimmer.
I have a Cub Cadet CC 3000 String Trimmer that is on it's 6th grass trimming season.
The Cub Cadet CC 3000 String trimmer has given me zero problems so far.
The only strange thing I have found is the Cub Cadet Operators manual does not cover anything about the shaft lubrication interval.
Twice I contacted Cub Cadet tech support via email with questions about the Cub Cadet CC 3000 String trimmer shaft lubrication interval.
I was told by Cub Cadet tech support that Cub Cadet CC 3000 String trimmer shaft lubrication is not needed.
I really don't know what to believe on this. Any advice.
This trimmer has given me zero problems so far.

Thanks for any advice.