PDA

View Full Version : Different approach to postcards

salandscape
03-12-2007, 05:59 PM
I am putting together my post cards as we speak. What I am thinking about doing is giving a little blurb of giving back your free time. I have the number/ email and say call up to schedule appointment.

What I'm thinking of doing differently is having a few services listed out, design, maintenance, aeration, fertlization, etc with check boxes. The thought is to give a space for them to fill in their name/ address/ phone and have my office address listed as the mail receipent.

We will be handing them out door to door, and sticking them in the door as opposed to mailbox, for all the legal reasons as well as my thinking that if you grab something from the door without a pile of mail you are more likley to read it as oppossed to in a pile of junk mail that is all getting tossed.

My question to all is what do you think of providing them addressed back to me for them to easily return it?

Try to think like a home owner on this one. You get home late in the evening your tired and might be interested but don't feel like calling a stranger. Are you likely if interested to stamp and check a box?

salandscape
03-13-2007, 02:40 PM
anyone? just an opinion is all I'm looking for

toac
03-13-2007, 03:04 PM
it sounds like a cool idea. i just saw it on the boards here recently (within the past couple of days). if i remember correctly, the other guy said he got pretty good results. if i find the thread i'll post the link.

grandview (2006)
03-13-2007, 03:11 PM
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=177866

That was me!

salandscape
03-13-2007, 03:37 PM
Thanks for the link Grandview, here I was thinking I was so clever! I am going to go ahead with it.

ccash
03-13-2007, 03:53 PM
i have don that with doorhangers before and it worked out pretty good.