PDA

View Full Version : That sound you hear

bumper
03-13-2007, 09:20 PM
Is me ramming my head into the wall,

I've prided myself on selecting customers who's energy shares space well with mine. I've not once had a troube customer until now. Buddy of mine who admittedly has paid his dues referred this customer to me. We met, he likes to fish, I do to, she got along well with my female co-designer, called in an FX rep to give his speel on fixtures blah blah.........

Time comes, fixtures arrive, nice sedona brown, two MU uplights, 4 CB path lights, she sees the 300 watt transformer and blows a gasket. Your typical 300 multi tap trannie, noooooooo she wants the black small one made by Malibu. Sure I say, but we cannot control the voltage at the fixture like I can with this. We are designing and istalling a professional low voltage lighting system that will be cost efficient, hands and headache free. A malibu transformer is not in our design I say. For a minute I thought she was gonna spontaneously combust. Any of you run into similiar problems with what seemed like a potentially good customer???

seolatlanta
03-13-2007, 09:55 PM
I have stuff like this happen too, everybody does.

Last week I had a customer tell me he thought that my proposal included me having enough "room" to add 6 more fixtures for free. Then he and his wife told me that they thought there were enough fixtures - but they wanted more light in places and didnt want to move anything -they loved it. So I asked them where these fixtures were supposed to come from in a friendly "ha-ha" kind of way and the look on their face was priceless as they realized what they were asking me!

You never know !!