PDA

View Full Version : most efficient form of advertising

AFM Contracting
03-13-2007, 11:56 PM
whats the best and most efficient way to get more clients? flyers, door hangers, 6 panel, tags at the grocery store? i was thinking about cutting the page in half so I have 2 flyers for 1 page.

Flow Control
03-14-2007, 12:33 AM
Word of Mouth

topsites
03-14-2007, 05:19 AM
Do cut the page in half, it saves a good amount of money, we do it around here.

As for the best, that's the kind that so long you do it, you know, has to get done lol.

2 clowns mowing
03-14-2007, 06:56 AM
word of mouth and put up signs that catch attention

salandscape
03-14-2007, 07:35 AM
Get your name out there as much as possible. there is no magic bullet that will cure your adversting needs but word of mouth is the best lead in, and name recognition is huge. But your name on every shirt you wear stick cards on every bulletin board you can find, letter trucks, trailers dogs, trees, old women and anything else not nailed down. A customer will repeated see your name and not even procress it, but when it comes time to buy your service your ad will pop out at them, they will think " I see that guy everywhere!". Which is a good thing!

Lynden-Jeff
03-14-2007, 08:57 AM
I do around 30,000 post cards and grochery store ads. Im not really sure of the results because this is the first spring ive done it. Last fall or in august i sent out 5000 and got around 10 clients, which i dont think is to shabby for the end of a season. I also use pole signs.

Cheers
Jeff

GreenN'Clean
03-14-2007, 09:33 AM
word of mouth and ads in the newspaper

Precision Lawns
03-14-2007, 09:46 AM
Word of mouth, but before you have customers to talk about you, a really nice, professional-looking door hanger works best for us. Mine is professionally printed and has pictures of my work on it, and I've had many calls saying that the reason they called me is that it stuck out above the dozens of home-made flyers they were getting. I've put out around 1300 so far this season and have signed up 4 mowing customers and gotten several landscaping jobs out of it. I've still got another 1200 to put out, if my work ever slows down and I get a chance to put them up.

The best way that I get customers is people who see me out mowing. They like the way their neighbor's lawn looks, and ask me to cut theirs too. I start mowing for the first time this season today, so I expect the calls to start pouring in soon.