PDA

View Full Version : Echo 403T Choke issue

Allens LawnCare
03-14-2007, 12:03 AM
When choked starts first pull, the only problem I have is I need to run it half choke to get max power out of it when I shut the choke off and open up the throttle it bogs down...My guess is I need to clean the carb....anyone know the what to look for when cleaning the carb...any diagrams!!

ose58
03-14-2007, 04:32 AM
Your Carb Has Two Adjusting Screws On The Side. Open The One With The H (high) Below It While It Is Running Until It Picks Up Rpm. Your Carb Is Just Running To Lean Now. Counter Clockwise Will Make It Richer, Clockwise Leaner. Good Luck.

Allens LawnCare
03-14-2007, 08:15 AM
Your Carb Has Two Adjusting Screws On The Side. Open The One With The H (high) Below It While It Is Running Until It Picks Up Rpm. Your Carb Is Just Running To Lean Now. Counter Clockwise Will Make It Richer, Clockwise Leaner. Good Luck.

yeah I brought it in for the same thing last season and they made that adjustment....they didn't clean the carb so I figure I'll clean it myself. Which Means I'll have to make adjustments again.

ed2hess
03-14-2007, 09:24 PM
I assume you put in a new fuel filter and air filter? Is there an excess oil/fuel mixture coming out anywhere.....like maybe a head gasket is blown out? Take those red plastic stops out on the carb adjustment so you can rotate the screws as much as you want instead of just part of a turn.