PDA

View Full Version : Radio Ads

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 03:48 AM
We've launched our radio campaign and I want some opinions on the ads. All feedback is appreciated.

http://www.teamgreenll.com/adpage.html

salandscape
03-14-2007, 07:48 AM
I understand that you can't probably economically extend the ad length due to cost but it may be a little hard for a first time listener in a car to jot down the #/ website. They are easy enough to remember so I would think with hearing the ad a few times this probably won't be a problem. They sound professional and you are able to get a clear message across quickly.

Out of curiousity when are you running these, time of day? And what type of stations? Best of luck, in my area I don't think I've ever heard a radio ad for Landscaping, hope it works out for you.

toac
03-14-2007, 07:52 AM
they sound great! what radio station(s) are they going to be on?

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 08:14 AM
These ads are going to run on 55KRC in Cincinnati during the Morning Show with John Phillips between 5-9am. They have an affluent audience of middle aged business people. I'm keeping my fingers crossed. It worked out well for a local erosion control company.

Costs were nominal though. We're at a few hundred bucks a week to have (5) ads and (5) 5 sec. ad ins. They also endorse our company on a daily basis. That is valuable in itself.

Flow Control
03-14-2007, 08:28 AM
I like them too, let us know how they do

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 02:09 PM
More feedback PLEASE!!!!!

Flow Control
03-14-2007, 03:26 PM
More feedback PLEASE!!!!!

Your one that listed your specific certs? Just say your certified installers and use the time for other information

jcantrell
03-14-2007, 03:32 PM
they sound good, radio ads work for other highly competitive business like car dealerships, I am sure that they will work for you, your name recognition will be HUGE!

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 03:38 PM
Your one that listed your specific certs? Just say your certified installers and use the time for other information

Yeah, good feedback. I noticed that last night and it has been edited to say "certified", not "ICPI certified". I like letters, but you've got to know what they mean to be effective and the buyer won't.

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 05:02 PM
bump...bump...

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
bump...bump...

JRSlawn
03-14-2007, 09:28 PM
Andrew sound good. I was looking into tv and radio. I am going to wait until I get all the people from the home and garden show handeled first. Let me know how it works out for you. What was the cost for them to put it together and what was the cost of running it? Let me know. Keep up the good work

daveintoledo
03-14-2007, 10:55 PM
sounds a little generic, maybe some sort of dynamic background music..... (very soft of course) or maybe a jingle with the phone number....just something to give a little more pizazz...(sp) but very cool indeed, good luck, let us all knwo how the response is...

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Andrew sound good. I was looking into tv and radio. I am going to wait until I get all the people from the home and garden show handeled first. Let me know how it works out for you. What was the cost for them to put it together and what was the cost of running it? Let me know. Keep up the good work

Budget is in the area of $1500-2000 monthly. Setup was contributed.

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 11:03 PM
sounds a little generic, maybe some sort of dynamic background music..... (very soft of course) or maybe a jingle with the phone number....just something to give a little more pizazz...(sp) but very cool indeed, good luck, let us all knwo how the response is...

These are "local personality endorsements" on a Talk Radio station 55KRC. I believe your picturing a radio commercial. Those are two different ads.

Leisure Time Lawn Care
03-14-2007, 11:05 PM
Sounds good. Please keep us informed if it works..

Howard Roark
03-14-2007, 11:22 PM
I give you a lot of credit for going radio and trying new things. Even if your response is poor at least you tried. Hopefully it serves you well.

I would say it sounds too quiet...a jingle for the entrance and ending would really kick it up a notch. I realize cost is always an issue, but people are always trying to record and get their foot in the door, I.E. high school or college kids with recording equipment at their school.

Please let us know your response, I wish you well!

Team-Green L&L
03-14-2007, 11:28 PM
Thank you for all the positive feedback. Now I can only hope the public responds in a similar fashion.

teyderacs
03-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Team Green
Who did the cool layout of your website. I am thinking about getting one set up to help my business.
t.

daveyo
03-15-2007, 09:34 PM
I like the first one. My friend owns two businesses both in the industry and he swears by direct mail. The radio and tv ads just weren't as good. That said good luck.

txgrassguy
03-15-2007, 11:58 PM
I have been advertising on the radio for over three months, with multiple plays, multiple stations all with the same ad(s) all to no avail.
The radio station has run each ad for at least one month featuring not only my voice but the announcement by a local celebrity/news caster and I haven't received one freaking call - not a damned one!!!!
The radio station has discounted my ad price as I have been logging calls for service in order to track how the customer has accessed my business. The most cost effective advertisement seems to be - in order:
> Local Chamber of Commerce
> Local Yellow Pages
> Word of Mouth
> Observation of my professionally lettered trucks/trailers/crew's uniforms
I have tried everything, discounts, specials, very serious ads, silly ads, nationally canned ads and not one damned call:cry:
I have one month left on my radio station contract then it's OVER:hammerhead:

Team-Green L&L
03-16-2007, 10:44 AM
Team Green
Who did the cool layout of your website. I am thinking about getting one set up to help my business.
t.
We had a graphics designer do the layout and I took over from there. The price was "through the roof" though, so I won't refer him.

willretire@40
01-30-2008, 08:58 PM
How did this turn out for you?