PDA

View Full Version : Dump beds

Drew Gemma
03-14-2007, 11:36 AM
I have a 2002 f350 Drw and we are in the process of getting all the details worked out. We are wanting to put a flat bed dump on it. Metal post painted wood sides tarp but what kind of gate do we need. We are only using this for a mowing truck hauling clippings, leaves and mulch at the most. So any pictures or advice on things you wish you had done or not done.
thanks Guys

CLARK LAWN
03-14-2007, 02:47 PM
is it like a stake body type? if so i would put two doors on the back and hinge them so they open "barn door" style just make sure you put a latch on the side of the truck to hold them open when dumping or they will get ruined.

Total.Lawn.Care
03-14-2007, 02:55 PM
I agree. Most everytime you dump (with how you plan on using it) is going to be to empty it. It will empty faster with doors wide open. It is simple and no complicated hinges.

Drew Gemma
03-14-2007, 09:03 PM
okay thanks just want to do it right sounds like the way to go

Gravel Rat
03-14-2007, 11:00 PM
You can make a single swing door like you would find on a rolloff bin. You swing the door open and latch it to the side of the stake sides. If you build the door out of aluminum it won't be so heavy.

Travel'n Trees
03-14-2007, 11:36 PM
Becareful hauling call FORD motor company first. I wish I would have.

Drew Gemma
03-15-2007, 11:43 AM
why call ford

Total.Lawn.Care
03-15-2007, 12:22 PM
Drew, ignore Travel'n Trees. He has a terrible dealer that does not want to warranty his truck, claiming that he voided the warranty by hauling certain loads. I think he is full of BS. There is no way that Ford would sell a commercal truck with a dump bed, and then tell you that you cannot haul anything in it.

I do not think that TnT is giving us the entire story, and I sure do not want to hear it now......

Uranus
03-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Barn door style seems to work well, and are easier to open when loaded with a load of mulch.

If you are putting stake pockets on it put, you could put four on the back. Get some pt 2x4 and make 2 half height gates. Just have to lift them up or you can toss debris over them. Had a truck like that with stake pocket all the way around. Worked pretty well. just another option