PDA

View Full Version : same zone comes on

bblawncare
03-14-2007, 08:19 PM
Hi everyone-I am the "lawn girl" and i have 2 different customers with the same problem: only one zone comes on. When i try to test different zones at the controller, it says that i am switching zones, but the same one keeps coming on. can anyone tell by my very technical description if this would be a valve problem, controller problem, electrical, etc? we are bone dry down here in south florida and my customers called several irrigation companies , but they are 2 or more weeks booked and i wanted to see if there was any way i could help. Thank you.

barb

Flow Control
03-14-2007, 08:25 PM
If the only way to turn the zone off is to shut the water off then my first thought is there might be dirt or debris in a valve, if this is the case a simple cleaning would do the job. Make sure the valves are not manually "on"

Dirty Water
03-14-2007, 08:54 PM
Most likely your in a situation with a master valve, and one stuck zone valve.

When you turn on a station, the master valve opens as well, this causes the stuck zone to fire. Sometimes this lowers the pressure to the point that zone your trying to run won't even show.

Otherwise you could be looking at a electrical problem.

jerryrwm
03-14-2007, 11:07 PM
Hi everyone-I am the "lawn girl" and i have 2 different customers with the same problem: only one zone comes on. When i try to test different zones at the controller, it says that i am switching zones, but the same one keeps coming on. can anyone tell by my very technical description if this would be a valve problem, controller problem, electrical, etc? we are bone dry down here in south florida and my customers called several irrigation companies , but they are 2 or more weeks booked and i wanted to see if there was any way i could help. Thank you.

barb
1. Were the systems installed by the same contractor?
2. Are the systems new?
3. Has the same person (not you) worked on both systems recently?
4. Has there been any work done in their yards like digging, tree planting, etc?

PurpHaze
03-15-2007, 07:17 AM
What brand and model of controller?

sprinklertech
03-15-2007, 08:48 AM
sometimes you can go the valve that should not be operating and remove the solenoid to see if a stream of water comes straight up. If it gurgles water then the valve is clogged up.

Dirty Water
03-15-2007, 10:27 AM
sometimes you can go the valve that should not be operating and remove the solenoid to see if a stream of water comes straight up. If it gurgles water then the valve is clogged up.

Depends.

It only takes one pebble, or a piece of bark etc, to keep the diaphragm from seating, but it would take a whole lot more to completely clog solenoids hole.

I bet you see this a lot when you first turn your systems on eh? All those rocks in the line clog up the last valve?