PDA

View Full Version : IA Certs

Flow Control
03-14-2007, 09:52 PM
How many of you have I.A. certifications. I been seeing it as a requirement more and more on commercial bidding.

BSME
03-14-2007, 10:39 PM
I just got back to you on your PM

PurpHaze
03-15-2007, 07:23 AM
Always wanted to get their certification but been too lazy I guess. Some of their certification is becoming the standard in some states as those states further develop their licensing and certification programs. :)

Ground Master
03-15-2007, 10:30 AM
I have the Irrigation Auditor certification. Took the course about 2 years ago.

1.5 days course, then you take a 75 question test, which you must get a 70% or better to pass.

It then takes the IA 2 months to send you the results. And then its only pass or fail- you don't know how well you did on the test.

Paid $400. for the "privilege". of waiting 2 months.

It was a really good course thou. The instructor was top notch.

BSME
03-15-2007, 10:35 AM
oh yea... that's a good point ICS... if you are taking it for bidding purposes... it takes a LONG time for them to send out the results.

I don't know why it takes so long.. the CIC is multiple choice... it may even be on a scantron

H2O
04-11-2007, 11:51 AM
I'm the webmaster for a MA irrigation contractor who is IA CIC.

The importance of IA Certification is growing daily. Pro landscapers can decipher estimates, but Joe Public usually can't. The IA credentials help customers identify qualified contractors. Its a great selling tool, that sets companies apart from the crowd.

Massachusetts does not license irrigation contractors. But a bill that is currently under review will require all MA irrigation contractors to be licensed, this bill & license will require IA CIC.

Not So Funny coincidence that i stumbled across this thread. Today i found a MA N. Shore irrigation contractor who is falsely advertising that his irrigation company is MA licensed AND IA certified, unfortunately for this dishonest shmuck, not he nor anyone in his company is IA certified. The IA does not take false ads lightly!