PDA

View Full Version : About time.

GLLawns
03-15-2007, 11:31 AM
Got a check in the mail yesterday from the only client that has ever tried to stiff me. I did a very small cleanup on his prop back around the first of November. It took me 15-20 min tops but I think he thought it wasn't worth the $40 I charged him. I decided to write this one off and not persue the issue since it wasn't worth all the hassle to go after $40. In his letter with the check he said the statement was lost in his other papers even though we sent him a new statement 3 months in a row. He also apologized for being so late , I feel like calling him and telling him in the future if you can't afford to pay for services you should do the work yourself. Oh well even though it was only $40 I have a smile on my face just knowing that we still have never been stiffed even if they pay late. I did blacklist him from future services and will not even take his calls.

toac
03-15-2007, 02:12 PM
congratulations! it always feels good to collect past due money.

DaughtryLC
03-15-2007, 02:35 PM
I'm suprised he even cared, congrats!

thes
03-15-2007, 05:22 PM
....In his letter with the check he said the statement was lost in his other papers even though we sent him a new statement 3 months in a row. He also apologized for being so late...

hahaha....probably what really happened is he priced around for this year and couldn't get a better price than yours...and now he's trying to get in good with you. Unfortunately, for him, it backfired! :hammerhead:

GLLawns
03-16-2007, 11:31 AM
hahaha....probably what really happened is he priced around for this year and couldn't get a better price than yours...and now he's trying to get in good with you. Unfortunately, for him, it backfired! :hammerhead:

I think you are half right, but I also think he didn't have the money until he got his tax return and magically the invoice turned up with his other unpaid bills. Sad thing is he lives in an older upscale area and his house and yard are a dump. Most of the houses in that area go from $250,000-1,000,000 and up.