PDA

View Full Version : New settup

jaybow
03-15-2007, 02:09 PM
Here is my setup for my first season.I have since removed the big wood box and replaced it with a plastic tool box made by stanely.The wood was just to darn heavy.

Matts lawn care
03-15-2007, 05:22 PM
Looks great. Hows the Quick 36 holding up?

Lawn Enforcer
03-15-2007, 05:39 PM
Nice rig. The tool rack looks like the one I made a while ago.

zim bob the landscaper
03-15-2007, 05:39 PM
nice setup looks good.

PORTER 05
03-15-2007, 06:39 PM
wow all that stuff looks new, must ask, how much did that whole set-up cost you....i started little by little and bought somthing new as i went , but it must be nice having all thats tuff right out of the gate, minus having to pay for it, any-way looks good , very profesonial, have fun and make lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

lifetree
03-15-2007, 07:42 PM
that is a nice setup, congratulations.

jaybow
03-16-2007, 02:19 AM
Yes most everything is new except the still equipment on the rack bought it used on ebay.Tried to find good used equipment but it can be tough sometimes.Anyways thanks for the positive feedback guys I've seen guys take alot of heat for starting off with alot of new stuff before.But Right now im still working a good paying job atleast for a little longer.But hopefully will be able to survive with mowing,thatching,sod,and any other landscape work I may be able to tackle when job folds.If not I will try to work nights until I secure enough accounts.This fall I hope to be able to bid on a couple smaller commercial accounts.Trying to be focused,professional,and persistant and I know it will payoff in the end.I wont stop untill I succeed or wear myself out.:weightlifter:

jaybow
03-16-2007, 02:21 AM
that is a nice setup, congratulations.

Hey how do you like the billygoat walk behind?They go for a pretty low price if im not mistaken.

jaybow
03-16-2007, 02:42 AM
wow all that stuff looks new, must ask, how much did that whole set-up cost you....i started little by little and bought somthing new as i went , but it must be nice having all thats tuff right out of the gate, minus having to pay for it, any-way looks good , very profesonial, have fun and make lots of $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Probably got about 5000 invested in the trailer and equipment.I got the stihl equipment on ebay for less than half what it would cost new between 100 and 130 each peace.Crapsman blower and trimmer about 100 each(waste of money)I now know this.Quick 36 samarai with 16 horse kaw I think was around 2300 wich I am impressed with the quality for the price.Only thing about it is its not a skid steer but that has advantages and disadvantages.They are hydro just a differential type turns pretty easy just requires a little more arm work.Probly less maintenance than a belt type mower wich still cost more in most cases.21" LAWNBOY was 199.I paid 1100 for the trailer.I may pickup a 22" bluebird dethatcher for 1075 does that sound about right.I thought it sounded a little cheaper than most places ive seen.Expensive stuff but I want to be fast professional and do a nice job and be taken seriously.

jaybow
03-16-2007, 02:46 AM
Nice rig. The tool rack looks like the one I made a while ago.

Yeah GREENTOUCH makes a nice one but I could use the 90 bucks on something else.Plus this one will work just as good.I will just take it:walking: off and paint it black or red to match.

jaybow
03-16-2007, 02:50 AM
Looks great. Hows the Quick 36 holding up?

I havent really used it yet but seems like a great built machine.Whats your take on them.How do you like your super duty and how long have you had it?
I will be curious to see how long the belts and spindle bearing and such last.

lifetree
03-16-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey how do you like the billygoat walk behind ? They go for a pretty low price if im not mistaken.

They are less expensive than the Quick 36 which you have ... generally speaking, I'd say it's OK, it meets my need, however, I only do this part time. I've "test driven" a Q-36 Super Duty and it was nicer than the Billy Goat. But again, the Billy Goat is really all I need.

stuffdeer
03-16-2007, 10:58 PM
I like this setup. One day during this summer we'll have to meet up for dinner or something.

Get a pic with the truck and all!

pjanders
03-17-2007, 01:40 AM
I really like your trailer. How big is it and, if I may ask, how much did it cost? Who is the manufacturer? You have a great looking set up!

WJW Lawn
03-17-2007, 08:15 PM
I like the tool rack that you made with 2X4's ...very good! Ive always thought tool racks for rakes and shovels were way too overpriced! You may have given me an idea.

Gaturf
03-17-2007, 08:28 PM
looks good, but is that pressure treated lumber? if not you might want to put a coat of something on it. paint or poly.

ga turf

johndeerefan
06-11-2007, 09:04 AM
nice set up looking at getting a zero turn?

Supper Grassy
06-11-2007, 06:01 PM
I really like your setup. the wood tool rack is cool is the wood water sealed? if the wodd reack does not work i have seen some trailers with PVC pipe for tool racks