PDA

View Full Version : Spring clean-ups

EJD Lawnpride
03-16-2007, 02:37 PM
What do most of you offer as your spring clean-up? De-thatch, mow prune ,blow beds out? We usally just do blowing of beds and patroling lawn for sticks and leaves.

jaybow
03-17-2007, 11:44 PM
What do most of you offer as your spring clean-up? De-thatch, mow prune ,blow beds out? We usally just do blowing of beds and patroling lawn for sticks and leaves.

Im brand new at this but was considering offering dethatching with my spring cleanups,just bump the price up a little.I just bought a bluebird 22"power rake and thought maybe could market dethatching by adding it to spring cleanups.I thought a good spring cleanup would consist of dethatching ,blow out beds,run the mower over it with the grass catcher on it,and edge the yard up for them.Blow everything off cement and they got a great clean mann:cool2: icured yard to kickoff spring and summer with.You might impress some neighbors and pickup some more work also.

sildoc
03-18-2007, 12:26 AM
We offer aeration and dethatching as a seperate entity. They are very good mark up to any program you offer. As a "Spring Clean Up" we offer cleaning all beds of weeds and debris. in this we also offer trimming shrubs, roses and other plants. We also offer a prem to combat weeds and offer mulch or bark. the basic is cleaning the beds free of leaves and weeds. keep offering up grades and make more money, don't under cut by offering a dethatching that you can make really good money on.

StBalor
03-18-2007, 07:24 PM
It can vary from customer to customer. Mainly, pick up sticks, leaves, bed edging. But different customers will want different things. You should have a basic list of what you will include in your spring clean-up. if the customer wants extras, that's great.

Shades of Green LService
03-20-2007, 09:40 AM

Thats how i do it. then apply first round Turf Feeding.
-Jay

dcondon
03-20-2007, 10:12 AM
Blow out beds and suck up all leaves unless we can just blow them into the woods, plus remove all sticks.

Shades of Green LService
03-20-2007, 10:21 AM
Blow out beds and suck up all leaves unless we can just blow them into the woods, plus remove all sticks.

Love the houses that are near wooded areas.:)
-Jay

ccash
03-20-2007, 10:56 AM
or just blow them into the storm drains...

ccash
03-20-2007, 11:02 AM
just kidding

BW Landscaping
03-20-2007, 06:14 PM
or blow them into the neighbors yard that keeps saying they want you as a landscaper but never signs the contract :laugh:

DoetschOutdoor
03-20-2007, 06:38 PM
I think it should be spring cleanup, then later dethatching if necessary. Dethatching a yard puts alot of stress on the grass and probably 8/10 yards do not ever need to be dethatched. My spring cleanup consists of blowing out all beds and getting all leaves and debris off the lawn. Bed edging or a good trimming is a little extra and then I haul everything off. Pretty basic but then you can get in, out and on to the next one and make good money.