PDA

View Full Version : Another Kohler 25 woe!

chipk1
03-16-2007, 04:07 PM
If you have a Kohler 25hp with around 500 hours, you may be in for a surprise shortly. Seems that Kohler got a batch bad valve lifters that may cause your cam to wear out prematurely at around 500 hours or so. I am one of those lucky ones. :hammerhead: And to think I could have had a Generac!

John Luttrell
03-16-2007, 06:44 PM
I hate to hear about anyone having problems with the kohler hp's; especially since I own a GT 5000 with the Kohler pro 25hp, with a build date of 07/21/04. It was So far I can't complain too much about mine; the only issues I've had are with the carburetor getting gummed up one winter(my fault). I had a hell of a time getting the passages cleaned out; had to disassemble and soak carb over night to get the goo out. I also had the electronic fuel shut off valve go bad on me twice. I replaced it with a new one the first time, then the second time I saved some money by removing the needle out of the electric shut off valve and installed a manual shut off valve in the fuel line. This is actually the second one I've owned; somebody stole the first one out of my shop. It was a 2001 model and I had no problems out of it either, but I do hope it caused who ever took it some major problems. By the way, this is my first post here; I was a certified aircraft/auto mechanic for 24 years. I retired from it all and went to work in the Texas oil fields where the money is.....for now. Anyway, a big thanks to you guys for all the information ya'll provide in here for us amateurs to maintain our equipment.

MowerMedic77
03-16-2007, 09:14 PM
This is the info pertaining to the lifter issue.