PDA

View Full Version : No flyers????

mulchmaster
03-16-2007, 08:41 PM
Does this sound weird to anyone? I talked to my dad this evening and told him that I was going to be in his area passing out flyers next week and he said that it was illegal in all the communities around him to pass anything out. I have passed out flyers before with no prolbem and now I don't know what to do. He said any decent community has no solitition (sp) laws. If so where do I find this out?

Thanks Andrew

Albery's Lawn & Tractor
03-16-2007, 08:55 PM
This was discussed on another thread and its not against the law. Its more professional not to do it if they have it clearly posted but that doesn't stop people. Get there addresses and mail them to them.

mulchmaster
03-16-2007, 09:01 PM
I got 3000 stamped and ready to go out, but think people might pay closer attention if they were in their front door. Postage is not a big deal, so it's not that, there are just a few areas that I would like to select what I send, plus it's good to get a face out there, I think.

gqnine44
03-17-2007, 12:13 AM
Fliers illegal?

We've come a long way since Thomas Paine and Common Sense havn't we?

GreenN'Clean
03-17-2007, 10:56 AM
You would have better luck running an ad in the newspaper

Lynden-Jeff
03-17-2007, 12:25 PM
Putting stuff in peoples mailboxes in the U.S is illegal. Thankfully not in canada though!!!!!

mulchmaster
03-18-2007, 02:05 PM
Green & Clean, if I did an ad in the paper where would it go? I mean would you set it up in the classified section, or run like a 1/4 page ad int the local section. A few years ago I ran an ad in the local free advertising paper, and only picked up a couple jobs, most were people looking for a freebie.

Thanks Andrew

topsites
03-18-2007, 04:10 PM
You would have better luck running an ad in the newspaper

The ability to read between the lines truly is a great skill.

LB1234
03-18-2007, 05:14 PM
Actually, a town we just moved out of had laws governing solicitation. It was really specific about the times it could/could not be done. It was getting frustrating with all the stupid people handing out flyers and asking for this and that so the community got together and passed some rules and regs on it.

Now, if you broke them don't ask me what would happen to you, but I do know there were laws to abide by for our town.

Might be worth a look into.