PDA

View Full Version : Insurance quotes?

slimart01
03-16-2007, 08:37 PM
I plan on getting gen. lia. insurance next month and was hoping to get some figures of what you guys are paying (annually) I know there are many factors and heres my application:

20 years old - good credit - south east coast of south carolina

I recieved a quote for a $100,000/$100,000 policy for $308 per year.
and $300,000/$600,000 policy for $487 per year. (from Nationwide Ins.)

Thanks for any feedback.

VBsnow
03-19-2007, 11:19 AM
My aunt is an Allstate agent in Charleston/N Charleston. BTW, 100K is worthless. I would not let you sub from me. In fact, most CO's require a min. of 300/600 for subs. In Va and Nc I write little LCO's for 1Mill between the two numbers you named. However, you "app" does not mention payroll which is what all of these companies use to rate. These prices you mentioned are minimal. It will only grow. Go find an independent.

slimart01
03-19-2007, 11:12 PM
Yes, I'm right outside of n. charleston. Yeah, I'd be stupid not to go ahead and get the 300/600. Are you suggesting contacting an individual agent for a quote? Because, the guy I spoke to was a satalite (sub-agent) for another agent that works for Nationwide. Isn't that about as individual as you can get? Thanks for your response.

supercuts
03-20-2007, 08:13 AM
if your getting commercial veh insurane, state farms has the cheapest rates ive found for it, my f550 is $720 for the year, includes collision. clean driving record though

VBsnow
03-20-2007, 08:43 AM
Yes, I'm right outside of n. charleston. Yeah, I'd be stupid not to go ahead and get the 300/600. Are you suggesting contacting an individual agent for a quote? Because, the guy I spoke to was a satalite (sub-agent) for another agent that works for Nationwide. Isn't that about as individual as you can get? Thanks for your response.

I grew up in Summerville. My parents moved us to Tramway and then Sangaree. Small world. Either agent who can provide the proper office support should be fine at that limit. Office support to obtain certificates is very important for you because you do not want to be waiting for days to get paid. If you want to talk to my aunt I can give you the number but I think she is out on Rivers Ave. Look for independents in your area as you grow. Learn who does what via your local contractors. As you grow you will need to be moved around more often. I know you have some property issues down there w/ all of the water and wind. We took some pretty good hits after Hugo.