PDA

View Full Version : Contracts

Trev
03-17-2007, 01:31 PM
I have operated for some time without contracts. I do 90% residential, the rest comercial. I use Clip software & Quick Books. I would like to send out contracts this year to my customers. I would like the contracts to have the frequency of mowing listed on them as well as the price. I was wondering if I could view some of your contracts vs. creating my own version. I want more of a simple contract . Something that is easy to understand, for fear that my costumers are unable to understand it and will decide not to sign with me. I also don't want them to feel as though they are locking themselves into a contract that they cannot get out of if they choose to do so.

I am located in the Northern Minnesota area and our season of clean-ups is about to begin followed by mowing.
Thank you so much, Trevor John

LwnmwrMan22
03-17-2007, 01:41 PM
Trevor -

I operate out of Forest Lake, getting ready to work, but it's still a good month out yet.

Anyways, here's what I hand out.

I'm 95% commercial, if a residential wants me to do their work, this is what they get as well.

Enclosed you will find the proposals for the lawn / property maintenance for Xxxxxx Xxxxxxx located in Forest Lake for the year 2007.

Spring Clean-Up will be completed by May 15th, weather permitting. Spring Clean-Up shall include dethatching all yards, removal of all foreign material from lawns, rock beds, bushes, sidewalks and steps. This does NOT include repairing sod damaged by the snow removal contractor. Fall Clean-Up will include raking and removal of all leaves from lawns, rock beds, sidewalks and steps.

Fertilizer applications will be done 3 times by a licensed applicator. Copies of the license are available upon request. The first application will be done before May 15th, the second before July 15th, and the third will be completed no later than September 30th.

Herbicide applications will be done twice. The first will be applied prior to the emergence of broadleaf weeds in early spring, usually before June 15th. The second will be done before September 15th. One application of pre-emergent weed control will be applied before May 15th, in prevention of unwanted grasses. Properties will be marked with flags when spraying has been completed.

Lawns will be mowed to maintain a well kept appearance, between a height of 2.5”- 4.5”. Mowing will be done weekly, on a specific date to be discussed at a later date. Also, lawns will be trimmed around all foundations, plantings, displays, and other objects in mowing areas. During this weekly mowing, all garbage will be picked up across entire property and disposed of off-site. Also, weeds in rock beds, cracks of sidewalks, parking lots and any other location outside of the mowing area will be sprayed, any of which that are greater than 2” in height to be pulled and disposed of off-site.

Any other services, such as removing trees damaged be wind, etc., services not outlined in the bid, will be done at a rate of $90 / man hour plus the cost of supplies. All extra services will have a quote approved prior to any work that is to be done.

We the contractor, will contact the management, to discuss any concerns or problems either they or the mowing crew has noticed about the property, whether it is damage to the property or in taking care of the property. At this time the mowing crew should be notified of any problems that should be addressed during the next visit.

Billing will be over a period of six months, from May 1st, 2007 until October 31st, 2007. Invoices will be sent out the first of the month, and are due by the 20th of the month, unless prior arrangements are made.

The pricing for the Forest Lake location is $XXX / month.

All pricing includes sales tax when applicable.

This will be my 19th year in the lawn care business. Copies of references, liability insurance, work comp., and a list of equipment to be used, along with any other information is available upon request. I would like to earn your business again, possibly meeting in person to discuss any problem areas.

Thank you again for the opportunity to place this bid, and feel free to call me at
XXX-XXX-XXXX

Sincerely,

Your Name
Your Business Name.

Any other questions, let me know.....

supercuts
03-18-2007, 08:33 AM
do a search, ive left mine a few times

ooo
03-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Heres a simple one. PJ's Lawn Care posted one before and I edited it to suit my needs.

Try this and edit to your liking

http://www.ashleylandscaping.com/temp/agreement.doc