PDA

View Full Version : Edgit

Cooter
03-17-2007, 05:28 PM
Looking to get an Edgit and a new trimmer this year. What would be the best trimmer to get for the Edgit?

JayD
03-17-2007, 05:55 PM
Looking to get an Edgit and a new trimmer this year. What would be the best trimmer to get for the Edgit?

I think that their web site says they will go on any one.
Jay

marckxman
03-17-2007, 06:30 PM

Echo.

The only trimmer it is DESIGNED to go on. People with other trimmers frequently put Echo gearboxes on then so their Edgit bolts up directly.

Other brands must use brackets/ adapters

JayD
03-17-2007, 08:23 PM
Has anyone used the edgit before? If so, is it worth getting and how much are they. Also, can you only get one from edgit or do dealers have them?
Thanks for all replys.

T-N-T
03-17-2007, 10:38 PM
We have shindowa's and we have them on both of them. they work great you just have to tell your help not to bang them on the curbs or steal post they will break but not easy. We have saved about 1 to 1/ half rolls of string using them per season and they really work like the video shows a good investment.

Matts lawn care
03-18-2007, 09:25 AM
Look around in this thread
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=172190

kmann
03-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Echo.

The only trimmer it is DESIGNED to go on. People with other trimmers frequently put Echo gearboxes on then so their Edgit bolts up directly.

Other brands must use brackets/ adapters

This is Absolutely not TRUE! Go to the Web Site and LOOK! I put one on My Stihl in 5 minutes without changing anything.

Cooter
03-18-2007, 12:27 PM
I already have a Stihl FS110R for the heavy stuff and any attachments that I may need. I am looking for something lighter to use with the edgit. Have both good Echo and Stihl dealers. Also wondering which trimmer head will work the best?

kmann
03-18-2007, 01:35 PM
I already have a Stihl FS110R for the heavy stuff and any attachments that I may need. I am looking for something lighter to use with the edgit. Have both good Echo and Stihl dealers. Also wondering which trimmer head will work the best?

I use the Stihl Autocut 25 with mine. Its the one that was on the trimmer when I bought it. Also the weight does not seem to be too much of a factor as you roll it.

ed2hess
03-18-2007, 01:46 PM
Has anyone used the edgit before? If so, is it worth getting and how much are they. Also, can you only get one from edgit or do dealers have them?
Thanks for all replys.

It may be the best new invention but I have not seen one in our part of the country. And more importantly the string trimmers are perfect for all our applications. Never had any need for a gas powered edger or the edgers on a trimmer, tried them just TOO much trouble and slow.

Cooter
03-24-2007, 07:57 PM
I recently orderded an Edgit and went out and bought a FS100RX. I went to put the Edgit on it and I couldnt get it to work. It looks as they may have sent me one for an Echo as it has the screw holes for the gearbox cause the Stihl has no holes. Do they make a different Edgit for different trimmers? I really like the 100RX but would also really like to try the Edgit. Do I have the wrong Edgit or am I doing something wrong?

JayD
03-24-2007, 08:24 PM
I recently orderded an Edgit and went out and bought a FS100RX. I went to put the Edgit on it and I couldnt get it to work. It looks as they may have sent me one for an Echo as it has the screw holes for the gearbox cause the Stihl has no holes. Do they make a different Edgit for different trimmers? I really like the 100RX but would also really like to try the Edgit. Do I have the wrong Edgit or am I doing something wrong?

Yes, I think you have the wrong one. If you go to edgit.com and go to order form, it will tell you they have one for Stihl everything exept FS100 but I seen nothing about the " RX ". But I am thinking that you did what you have said.
I should be getting mine on Monday. I cant wait to see how good it works.Let me know if I can help any more.
Jay:waving:

HB Lawn
03-24-2007, 09:14 PM
I have a edgit that I'd like to sell. I'll take $25 for it. I had it on a Stihl FS 110. Really didn't like it. Let me know. 352-455-4595

JayD
03-24-2007, 09:21 PM
I have a edgit that I'd like to sell. I'll take $25 for it. I had it on a Stihl FS 110. Really didn't like it. Let me know. 352-455-4595

What was it that made you not like it? If you don't mind me asking. Did you have the streight shaft trimmer?

Godfather
03-25-2007, 05:03 PM
hey HB i am interested, what does it fit?

Rottman
03-25-2007, 07:46 PM
I have a stick edger and it seems like I'm to lazy to go and get it from the trailer sometimes when I get done trimming with the string trimmer. So I try and use the string trimmer on the sidewalk or driveway and it does a "ok" job. This winter I saw a edgit on ebay and went ahead and purchased it. I put on my new edgit and tried it for the first time today. All I can say is WOW this thing really works great.

Cooter
03-26-2007, 03:21 AM
So do they make two different models of the Edgit? There is no way it will work on my 110R either. Looks like I might be buying another Edgit or an Echo 261T.

greengiant9963
04-02-2007, 12:23 PM

I have the same trimmer( FS100RX) Love it has tons of power. Was going to order a edgit today for it. I am guessing it will not fit that model. That stinks.

ed2hess
04-02-2007, 06:33 PM
I have a stick edger and it seems like I'm to lazy to go and get it from the trailer sometimes when I get done trimming with the string trimmer. So I try and use the string trimmer on the sidewalk or driveway and it does a "ok" job. This winter I saw a edgit on ebay and went ahead and purchased it. I put on my new edgit and tried it for the first time today. All I can say is WOW this thing really works great.

So what will you do have a trimmer wiht and without the edgit....the edgit can't cut a very big distance for trimming can it.....like 21" for a 261T echo with the guards off.

naturescape
04-02-2007, 07:10 PM
So what will you do have a trimmer wiht and without the edgit....the edgit can't cut a very big distance for trimming can it.....like 21" for a 261T echo with the guards off.

Sure you can trim a big swatch with the Edgit on. And the Edgit will help vacuum the turf up as you trim, and gives you a better idea of where you're cutting so you still get a fairly level cut. I've cut small (SMALL!) back yards with just the trimmer and edgit.

I've seen you're other posts, you edge with your trimmer. You should try an Edgit for it, I think you'd be VERY pleasantly surprised how much better it works and how fast it it -- YES, much faster than using a trimmer to edge without one.