PDA

View Full Version : Good used weedeater for sale.....

scchamblee
03-17-2007, 08:14 PM
only been run over three times!!! I was doing some trimming on some out of control Illy Agnus(sp) had the extended trimmer on my JD weedeater set it down went to get the truck and could not see the trimmer where it was sittin. I pulled up and ran over the shaft o the trimmer extension then went to back up and was evidently hittin the motor (thought it was a stump:hammerhead: ) so I pulled up and turned my wheels and ran over the shaft by the throttle. So I ruined the whole unit!!! :cry: The only salvagable part is the string trimmer that was safe in the back of the truck.

Gotta hate workin all day and going in the hole for a bonehead mistake!!!

scchamblee
03-17-2007, 08:45 PM
I am going to look into the Kombi system from stihll to replace it. I like JD unit but the dealer has since went out of business so I dont have a dealer close now.

Shades of Green LService
03-17-2007, 09:50 PM
only been run over three times!!! I was doing some trimming on some out of control Illy Agnus(sp) had the extended trimmer on my JD weedeater set it down went to get the truck and could not see the trimmer where it was sittin. I pulled up and ran over the shaft o the trimmer extension then went to back up and was evidently hittin the motor (thought it was a stump:hammerhead: ) so I pulled up and turned my wheels and ran over the shaft by the throttle. So I ruined the whole unit!!! :cry: The only salvagable part is the string trimmer that was safe in the back of the truck.

Gotta hate workin all day and going in the hole for a bonehead mistake!!!

Do you one better, I ran over my new eb7001 a few years ago. Also had my new Stihl P.O.S string trimmer pop off the trimmer rack and get WAFFLED. Don't feel bad. your not alone.
-Jay

scchamblee
03-18-2007, 10:23 PM
I will try to get some pictures up soon.

After gettin mad about it esterday I surveyed the situation.... all that is wrong with it is a bent the shaft right below the throttle then bent the shaft on the extended hedge trimmer (split shaft model). The motor still cranks and runs.

Is it worth getting new shafts put in it or shold I just scrap it and get a new one. this ubit is 2 years old.

Scag48
03-18-2007, 10:43 PM
My dad ran over an FS85 I had a few years ago. Didn't bend the shaft or anything, ran the unit for another 4 years.

Envy Lawn Service
03-18-2007, 11:46 PM
The Stihls are tuff... LOL