PDA

View Full Version : Dumb Delivery drivers

johndeereguy
03-18-2007, 06:00 PM
This is how a delivery was made to my shop on Friday. They left the twppallets right in front of my door. I could not move anything to be able to move these pallets. They came back 7 hours later and moved them for me, and told me it was no big deal and people make mistakes. I guess their mistake cost thier company a good customer

Lawnsmithcare
03-18-2007, 07:05 PM
Wow that sucks nice shop I like it.

KrayzKajun
03-18-2007, 07:12 PM
Very nice shop!

All_Clear
03-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Not to be an a$$ here but the picture doesn't show much so where should they have gone?

Obvious answer would be in front of the door so you could move them inside. Unless you have asked for them to be dropped off in such and such area, thats where i'd have dropped them. Call me stupid but closer to the door to move them in makes sense, pull your pallet jack out and move them in.

Nathan
All Clear

LANDSCAPER30
03-18-2007, 10:02 PM
Looks like a good spot to me:usflag:

Petr51488
03-18-2007, 10:27 PM
Nice Shop.. How do you like that 5th wheel camper?

johndeereguy
03-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Um guys, I have a tractor, sitting on a trailer, in front of the truck. Why would you leave something in front of the door. Their is plenty of room off to the side to set things. Same delivery guy as last year as well. I don't use a pallet jack, kind of hard to stack pallets with one of those.

All_Clear
03-19-2007, 12:19 AM
I don't use a pallet jack, kind of hard to stack pallets with one of those.

So you have a forklift then? or Your tractor has forks i take it.

How do you not have the means to move them out of your way but you have the means to stack them. That makes no sense, unless your telling me you packed your tractor with forks in the back on a trailer and put everything else in the way. :hammerhead:
Same delivery man huh, well maybe he put em there to pi$$ on your parade or maybe he's just stupid. Who knows...

I really don't see something that would get me so bent out of shape to not have them deliver my supplies. I mean if thats my biggest worry of the day... It's a good day!!!!

Nathan
All Clear

Flow Control
03-19-2007, 08:07 AM
Did you leave directions for the guy? Surprised they came back. Seems like good service to me since they came back.

GreenN'Clean
03-19-2007, 09:46 AM
Im suprised they came back as well, most drivers are on a tight schedule and they drop where ever they can to keep on there schedule for other deliveries. Did the company has directions on where to drop the pallets or did driver just drop it where he wanted?

LindblomRJ
03-19-2007, 10:30 AM
From this one picture we are supposed draw those conclusions that they left the pallets in the wrong spot? No indication of instructions or a bunch of other factors.

I am betting the supplier is enjoying that fact that they got rid of a pita. I question the "good customer" bit. The fact that they came back to move it is great customer service.

All_Clear
03-19-2007, 11:12 AM
I am betting the supplier is enjoying that fact that they got rid of a pita. I question the "good customer" bit. The fact that they came back to move it is great customer service.

My exact thoughts!

ED'S LAWNCARE
03-19-2007, 12:18 PM
Unless something more pressing to do. I would not wait 7 hrs to have it moved. Looks like 1 ton skids 40 bags of 50lb. No big deal I have guys at the factory that do that all day by hand. Move the pallet on the left by hand 40 bags 15 min pull out the truck problem solved. If I had to wait hrs to get something reconciled every time something did not go as planned I wouldn't get anything done.

Nest time strick inst will save the headache. Remember the 6 p's ---
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

LindblomRJ
03-19-2007, 12:35 PM
Unless something more pressing to do. I would not wait 7 hrs to have it moved. Looks like 1 ton skids 40 bags of 50lb. No big deal I have guys at the factory that do that all day by hand. Move the pallet on the left by hand 40 bags 15 min pull out the truck problem solved. If I had to wait hrs to get something reconciled every time something did not go as planned I wouldn't get anything done.

Nest time strick inst will save the headache. Remember the 6 p's ---
Proper Planning Prevents Piss Poor Performance.

I think was all agree. Communication is a good thing.

I have always used the 7Ps, still a good idea.