PDA

View Full Version : How many have you lost so far?

Drew Gemma
03-18-2007, 09:44 PM
New year we always start getting the I moved, don't need you , can't afford, went to the home or died.

So far we lost 3 mowing accounts nothing special and picked up 2 new weekly mowing accounts.

1MajorTom
03-18-2007, 09:46 PM
We lost one so far, she wrote us early and told us her brother-in-law is now going to cut it. We also plan on dropping 3 more that aren't good enough accounts.

Uranus
03-18-2007, 09:48 PM
I lost one last fall over a fall cleanup price and had another call and say she was moving to assisted living. Funny thing is she signed on for fert with my buddy. Lying B****.

I got 7 renewals that have not come in yet. They had a due date of the 15th of march. Suck If I lose all of them. Its still early since we got another foot of snow on friday.

Carolina Cuts
03-18-2007, 09:59 PM
I lost one... thank God! He was a PITA... use to sit on the front porch as I mowed. Then as I migrated to the backyard, he would show up on a lawn chair on the back porch... he was like my shadow... "I think you missed a spot!!" pointing everywhere. Lawn was NEVER done right. Turned what could've been 25 minutes into a 50 minute cut... week after week. "Why the big mower?" "Can ya push mow it" "Did you trim around that tree?" "Don't forget to edge the driveway..." while watching me edge the driveway.

I may add an age requirement on my customers... 70 and below. Cause anyone older then that just likes to biiiiooootch!:dizzy: :cry: :dizzy: :cry:

Kickin Your Grass
03-18-2007, 10:09 PM
I lost one or two this year and picked up 10 new residential accounts this week. I'm hoping to pick up anonther 20 or so.

cantoo
03-18-2007, 10:52 PM
Lost one last fall due to death not sure if it's really lost or not the family is keeping the cottage. Got a letter this week elderly customer is starting chemo and the family is getting her cottage and they will be looking after it. Expecting to lose a couple more yet. We're not real concerned about replacing them yet.

AFD
03-18-2007, 10:55 PM
Gave a few up that was costing me more then I was making and some just because I don't like the customer. Still like to cut back another 20 to have a little more time with my little girl, both my boys work with me so they see me more then they want, TEENAGERS HA HA!!

Young Lawn Boy
03-18-2007, 10:58 PM
i lost one on the terms of him getting fired and being outta work the whole winter and then another because they moved...i got i big $250 commercial weekly mowing job that i picked up last week so im feeling confident going into the season

KS_Grasscutter
03-18-2007, 11:06 PM
I may add an age requirement on my customers... 70 and below. Cause anyone older then that just likes to biiiiooootch!:dizzy: :cry: :dizzy: :cry:

I would have 2 or possibly 3 customers left if I did that...

sildoc
03-18-2007, 11:22 PM
None yet this year. I have lost as many as 10 a year and as few as 1. used to loose sleep over it but not any longer just a part of business. Now that the housing market has settled a bit you shouldn't loose as many. Here I would loose one for a year till new landscape was in and then pick them up again. Just part of the job.
I do agree on the mrs cravits watching all the time. I usually come up with a one liner like " did I do it right???" or " Did you see that chicken???"
after that I can mow at least 1 time before they resume.

googles
03-19-2007, 12:11 AM
I lost one... thank God! He was a PITA... use to sit on the front porch as I mowed. Then as I migrated to the backyard, he would show up on a lawn chair on the back porch... he was like my shadow... "I think you missed a spot!!" pointing everywhere. Lawn was NEVER done right. Turned what could've been 25 minutes into a 50 minute cut... week after week. "Why the big mower?" "Can ya push mow it" "Did you trim around that tree?" "Don't forget to edge the driveway..." while watching me edge the driveway.

haha yea thats funny, maybe he related to someone over where i live because i have a guy i dropped this year who was the same way. his lawn is 50 x 50. it should take 5 min. the pain in the butt has me there for 30 min because he is watching and pointing, he even follows me as i mow. i almost ran him over twice. I dreaded going there to do his stupid little lawn. i had to always work around him. i told him he needs a full time grounds keeper.

Swampy
03-19-2007, 12:24 AM
Lost one multiple property development company (3 buildings). But picked up a better multiple property development company (12 buildings), and 4 more Hunt Management Condo Assocations.

Sir mowsalot
03-19-2007, 09:49 AM
I lost 4 so far.....2 deaths, 1 moving, and 1 retiring and doing it himself. I got 14 new ones so far, and more to come.

every year i get worried this time of year cause of losing customers, but it always works out, and by May im usually turning away new people, still working on trying to get my mowing bounderies within a 5 mile radius of my home. Im getting there.

thes
03-19-2007, 10:01 AM
Lost:

1 due to "can't afford $5.50/wk anymore"
1 due to "can't afford $18/wk" in prestigious area, payments were always 2mo behind
2 waiting on...due to death...don't know if families want to contiune service yet
1 due to brother-in-law is doing it now
1 due to he wants to do it himself, older gentleman
1 due to moving away...might get it anyway, my bro knows the new owner

I'm not sweating any of these losses....I always pick up new accounts in the Spring.:cool2:

DLCS
03-19-2007, 10:05 AM
I only lost 2 resdinetials. One mover to a retirement home. The other moved to California, as he found a new job.

CLARK LAWN
03-19-2007, 03:48 PM
ive had 3 die in the last 6 weeks 2 houses our now on the market and im just doing them untill they sell dont know about the third it just happened today. i was there with fire dept.

LawnBrother
03-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Lost 3 (not due to service issues) that I didn't want anyway, and I am dropping a few more. They have all been replaced already with much better accounts.

cborden
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
I lost one last week, haven't got the "official notice" yet, but I was on the medic run when the client died.

lawnguyland
03-19-2007, 06:15 PM
Lost:

1 due to "can't afford $5.50/wk anymore"
1 due to "can't afford $18/wk" in prestigious area, payments were always 2mo behind
2 waiting on...due to death...don't know if families want to contiune service yet
1 due to brother-in-law is doing it now
1 due to he wants to do it himself, older gentleman
1 due to moving away...might get it anyway, my bro knows the new owner

I'm not sweating any of these losses....I always pick up new accounts in the Spring.:cool2:

5.50 a week more or 5.50 a week?
18 a week more or 18 a week?

I wouldn't drive by and spit on a lawn for 5.50 a week.