PDA

View Full Version : 4 stroke husqvarna trimmer

corey4671
03-18-2007, 09:51 PM
has anyone used these? My old Echo SRM 2601 was about on it's last leg and after fighting it al day yesterday, I ran by TSC and picked up the 324lx by Husqvarna. I don't know, maybe it's just me but this trimmer just doesn't seem like it has the low end torque that the Echo had.

saw man
03-18-2007, 11:32 PM
It is a Honda powerhead, if it was me I would just buy a Honda. There are less $$ as well

Brett's Cutting Edge
03-19-2007, 11:21 AM
if it is a 4 stroke they do not have low end torque like 2 strokes but it is less maintenence and will last longer. My friend has a stil and it is the same way. 4 strokes are not know to have lots of torque but do make more power.

sildoc
03-19-2007, 12:19 PM
has anyone used these? My old Echo SRM 2601 was about on it's last leg and after fighting it al day yesterday, I ran by TSC and picked up the 324lx by Husqvarna. I don't know, maybe it's just me but this trimmer just doesn't seem like it has the low end torque that the Echo had.

Wish you had read my other thread. You should have bought the 326LX 2 cycle trimmer. the 4 stroke is a pain to start in colder weather, has no power.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=175326&highlight=husqvarna
See if they will trade you for the 326lx. You won't be disapointed with the 2 stroke. It has tons of power.

corey4671
03-19-2007, 09:14 PM
Wish you had read my other thread. You should have bought the 326LX 2 cycle trimmer. the 4 stroke is a pain to start in colder weather, has no power.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=175326&highlight=husqvarna
See if they will trade you for the 326lx. You won't be disapointed with the 2 stroke. It has tons of power.

I doubt they will exchange it. TSC is a big box store like Home Depot and Lowe's. that's why I say I doubt they would swap it.

sildoc
03-19-2007, 09:26 PM
I doubt they will exchange it. TSC is a big box store like Home Depot and Lowe's. that's why I say I doubt they would swap it.

Don't get me wrong. the trimmer is ok. just that there are many better. you don't need a ton of power for trimming and edging. It is just when you meet a chalenge that hasn't been mowed for several weeks and spring growth. THen you notice the difference.

tallimeca
03-20-2007, 11:27 AM
that 260 powerhead has one of the highest torque bands in the industry in that size CC. I'm not surprised you noticed the difference. Almost spoiled if you will. That Husky should give you great service though.

corey4671
03-20-2007, 09:04 PM
Don't get me wrong. the trimmer is ok. just that there are many better. you don't need a ton of power for trimming and edging. It is just when you meet a chalenge that hasn't been mowed for several weeks and spring growth. THen you notice the difference.

AND i think that is why I noticed it. what I intially tried the trimmer on was some spring growth that had yet to be mowed. Some wild violets along a rock wall. for the most part, i am getting used to the mower. I am going to try some .155 line in it this weekend to see how it handles that.