PDA

View Full Version : 72" deck blades

Oneman2mowers
03-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Where can I find the toughest blades on the market? I think due mainly to the length of the blades I am replacing them as often as every 10 hours because I bend them on rocks in customers' yards. The ones my dealer sells are .203" thickness so I am wondering if some are better than others and if there are other thicknesses available.

JTF40
03-18-2007, 10:21 PM
Where can I find the toughest blades on the market? I think due mainly to the length of the blades I am replacing them as often as every 10 hours because I bend them on rocks in customers' yards. The ones my dealer sells are .203" thickness so I am wondering if some are better than others and if there are other thicknesses available.

Welcome to Lawnsite. To answer this question, all you need to do is a search. This dog has been hunted many times. :usflag:

cantoo
03-18-2007, 10:54 PM
Might want to consider a stone picker too.

rodfather
03-19-2007, 09:13 AM
I have 5 72" machines. Although they will scalp and nick up more than our 61's and 52's, we have only bent a few in the past 14 years. The atomics on our Toros are very thick and we only use OEM's on our Ferris machines. I suggest raising your deck up some.

Meg-Mo
03-19-2007, 09:21 AM
The MEG MO will help you a lot as the knives are free to fold back so to help avoid the problems you have with the blades you have used for years.

Oneman2mowers
03-19-2007, 07:28 PM
do you think that system costs enough?

gene gls
03-19-2007, 08:19 PM

If you are hitting rocks, it doesn't matter how thick the blades are, they will still be ruined.