PDA

View Full Version : Tow behind sweepers

Crawford
03-19-2007, 10:10 AM
Does any one know of a company that makes a heavy duty tow behind sweeper. It is needed for my golf course on the driving range for picking up divots before mowing.

"Ground Control"
03-19-2007, 02:39 PM
I think you mean picking up the golf balls before mowing??:confused:
I did a quick google search and came up with this:
http://products.schwarze.com/
or used:
http://www.usedsweepersofamerica.com/

fiveoboy01
03-19-2007, 02:53 PM
Uh, he said tow behind sweeper.

Try this link. Pricey, but look solid to me.

http://www.nextag.com/parker-lawn-sweeper/search-html

"Ground Control"
03-19-2007, 03:14 PM
Uh, he said tow behind sweeper.

Try this link. Pricey, but look solid to me.

http://www.nextag.com/parker-lawn-sweeper/search-html

Im not sure, but maybe he wants to pick up the clumps of grass from when somebody goes a little deep with their club (in that case the parker would probably work great)... but if he wants to pick up golf balls??... then I think he will need something a little more "HEAVY DUTY" as he stated in his first post. Those parker sweepers are meant to pick up leaves and twigs, very "Light Duty"

LindblomRJ
03-19-2007, 03:23 PM
There are machines that are specific to picking up golf balls (on the driving range.)

fiveoboy01
03-19-2007, 03:36 PM
Where did he say a thing about golf balls? He said for picking up divots.

I don't see why one of those parker sweepers wouldn't work for that. They sure look pretty heavy-duty to me. At least they better be, for the price...

Crawford
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
I saw those ones too Fiveoboy01 but they look a lot like the one I destroyed last year but for more money.

pugs
03-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Yah, I think parker is the only one that makes a decent machine. Wether it will do what he wants or not I have no idea about. But Parkers are definitely better than the other look alike ones you can buy for half the price.

"Ground Control"
03-19-2007, 04:05 PM
Yah, I think parker is the only one that makes a decent machine. Wether it will do what he wants or not I have no idea about. But Parkers are definitely better than the other look alike ones you can buy for half the price.

A divot is the hole in the ground made by the golf club when somebody hits below the ball. Kinda hard to pick a hole in the ground up isnt it?:confused:

pugs
03-19-2007, 04:36 PM
A divot is the hole in the ground made by the golf club when somebody hits below the ball. Kinda hard to pick a hole in the ground up isnt it?:confused:

When did I say anything about picking up a hole in the ground?

"Ground Control"
03-19-2007, 05:01 PM
When did I say anything about picking up a hole in the ground?

You diddnt, but you said you wanted to pick up divots before mowing. And I assumed you meant golf balls.

Team-Green L&L
03-19-2007, 05:20 PM
I think he's wanting to sweep up the clumps of turf themselves before mowing. Divots can travel 50 yards from their original site by drunk and (not so good) golfers. I can knock a sq. ft. of turf 100 yds. off the tee when I'm drunk. LOL. That God I don't drink, but I do blame my bad golfing on it.

Anyway, I will look for a fairway sweeper for you. I think I've seen one before.

pugs
03-19-2007, 06:33 PM
You diddnt, but you said you wanted to pick up divots before mowing. And I assumed you meant golf balls.

I did not say that either...I think you are quoting the wrong person. Maybe you should start reading from the beginning and look at who is posting what.

cantoo
03-19-2007, 09:29 PM
The heavy Parker will do a good job. I have a pretty much new self propelled Parker vac with Honda for sale if your interested. It's the one with the bag between the handles. It will suck up anything. I got it for a Town job then lost the bid.
Can $2000.00 PM me if your interested

"Ground Control"
03-20-2007, 01:24 AM
I did not say that either...I think you are quoting the wrong person. Maybe you should start reading from the beginning and look at who is posting what.

Sorry, I accidentally quoted you instead of the original poster. I did read from the beginning and I was the first one to try and answer his question..but anyway....I guess I was tired or something :hammerhead:

Richard Martin
03-20-2007, 06:26 AM
There are some truely heavy duty sweepers out there and the list doesn't include the Parker which is only marginally better than a Craftsman sweeper. I spent a lot of time a couple of years ago looking for one for a friend and came across a few really nice sweepers. I think Sweepster has one but like I said it's been a while. Do some searching on the web and you'll probably find what you're looking for.