PDA

View Full Version : Trailer title lost

gobblet
03-19-2007, 03:43 PM
Just spit with my partner after 5 years and ever since the day we bought the trailer,registration has gone to his address. It is due by the end of March of 07 don't want to wait to see if he can find it what is my back-up plan. Trailer was store bought.

Drew Gemma
03-19-2007, 03:47 PM
lie go get the trailer weight empty of course. Then go to dmv tell them you built it and give them weight ticket your good. In ohio you can do that :)

mattfromNY
03-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Who's name is the trailer registered to? In NY, you'd have to get a duplicate registration, then if its registered in your partners' name, he'd need to sign it over to you. You'd have to prove partnership, or show it as a gift or you'd be paying sales tax on it before you could register it in your name.
Dont know how PA handles things, I know its different than NY on cars and motorcycles.

mattfromNY
03-19-2007, 03:52 PM
To get the duplicate registration is just a signature on some paperwork at the DMV and a couple bucks, they print it out on site and hand it to you. Hopefully it was registered in the business name, so you can sign for it. ????