PDA

View Full Version : Aeravator owners, input please?

Shady Brook
03-19-2007, 03:49 PM
I have read most of the stuff on the site about the aeravator, but still have questions.

I do some lot preparation and seeding...hard packed clay. How much can I expect to loosen the soil, how deep, and what can I expect germination wise by both broadcasting ahead of time, and also with the seeder attachment unit. I can not afford to get this and have it bounce around and not really work the soil.

How well does it overseed an existing lawn? My concern is if it is good at working the soil in my first example, then how can it not slay an existing lawn in an overseeding operation?

I really want to avoid tilling and pulverizing, and seeding, and seeding, and raking the seed. There are some pull behind overseeders on the market, they just do not seem to be as versitile as the aervatior.

Any thoughts would help.
Thanks

Grassbuster
03-20-2007, 11:56 AM
Shady Brook- I have the 48" What I do to seed or over seed is spread the seed w/ a fertilizer spreader then go over it once one way then once the opposite direction. Thats it. I have over seeded with it for 3 years with no complaints. You can aerate anything - the only time it bounces around is when it hits a rock. I have used it to mix clay and infield material on a ballfield with the roller up so it stays fluffy and not compacted. I have used the roller to roll asphalt on my driveway. It is an expensive toy but to me well worth the money. It does not do small areas well, manuverability is hard. I have mine on a Kubota B7300. However I can spread/seed 10 -12 yards of top soil in under 2 hours! Never rake seed again:cool2: .... Let me know if I can answer any more questions.