PDA

View Full Version : Truck bed enclosure

Mad_Russian776
03-19-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm considering putting a type of enclosure on my truck bed and was looking for pictures or advice on how others have gone about this. My idea is to simply weld 1 sheet of steel the height of the truck cab on both sides and leaving the the top open.

This would help in hauling and also provide a nice space for advertising.

Any advice or pictures would be much appreciated.

Runner
03-19-2007, 03:39 PM
Why not just use wood? This way, it is lighter, and would be easier to handle to remove (in sections). You could use 2x ans use whatever sizes you wanted...8's, 10's, or 12's (or 6's).

Scag48
03-19-2007, 04:09 PM
Yeah, steel would be way too heavy. I'm doing this for my setup. Currently living in an apartment complex I have to store all the equipment in the back of my truck, not the best way to go, but it's my only option until I can afford an enclosed trailer. I think I'm going to go with 1/2" plywood, maybe 3/4", and 2x4's the height of the cab and full length of the bed. I will connect the 2 sides across the front of the bed as well, but will leave a decent sized hole to be able to look through the back window. Mine will be setup so I can bolt trimmer and blower racks to the plywood as well, then I will build some sort of "roof" that will be just above the trimmer and blower racks so they won't get rained on too badly while the truck is parked. I wish I had a house with a garage, or at least the funds to afford an enclosed, but I guess this is my only option at this point. Once I get everything put together I'll post some pics.