PDA

View Full Version : Mower blowing grass out?

tnpete
03-19-2007, 06:05 PM
IS2000Z 61" deck is blowing grass out the left side of the deck and even the front some times.
Any ideals? Even doing it today on green grass, Could the front of the deck be higher then the back?
Cut is good and looks level. But this is a pain when it blows out all the grass like this.:hammerhead:
Pete

tnpete
03-21-2007, 09:59 AM
Guess no one ever had this problem?
Thanks anyway. Guess I will start adjusting the deck and see what I can come up with.
Pete

RandyS
03-21-2007, 10:43 AM
I know what you're talking about with the grass coming out the front. Can't remember what we did. Start with checking the air pressure in all the tires. Make sure the deck is level. Blades maybe bent? Is there an extra strip on the front on the deck that maybe came loose on one side?

tnpete
03-21-2007, 04:39 PM
I know what you're talking about with the grass coming out the front. Can't remember what we did. Start with checking the air pressure in all the tires. Make sure the deck is level. Blades maybe bent? Is there an extra strip on the front on the deck that maybe came loose on one side?

Thanks that will be a start.
Have a great day.
PEte

Uranus
03-21-2007, 04:43 PM
Get all you tires up to or down to the correct pressue. DO THAT FIRST! Then put a level on deck form side to side. adjust deck so that it is level from side to side. Check level from front to back. You want the deck to pitch forward slighly. I pitch the decks about 1/4 of an inch at the least and up to 1/2 and inch at the max. Pitch is good. try that. Do you have adjustable baffles on the front edge of the deck?

What kind of mower are you talking about?

Is it the ferris in your signature?

tnpete
03-22-2007, 09:01 AM
Get all you tires up to or down to the correct pressue. DO THAT FIRST! Then put a level on deck form side to side. adjust deck so that it is level from side to side. Check level from front to back. You want the deck to pitch forward slighly. I pitch the decks about 1/4 of an inch at the least and up to 1/2 and inch at the max. Pitch is good. try that. Do you have adjustable baffles on the front edge of the deck?

What kind of mower are you talking about?

Is it the ferris in your signature?

Thanks and yes its the Ferris IS2000Z. The 4500Z and the 3100 did not do this. The only other mower I have been on, That was this bad about it was a J/D 757 I think that was it. And it was bad about it.
I will check out the tires and deck this evening.
Pete

Rhett
03-22-2007, 09:21 AM
Try moving the blades one washer up into the deck. Worked for me on a couple of exmarks

Envy Lawn Service
03-24-2007, 04:19 PM
The best thing to do is set the PSI even and where it needs to be in the tires.

Then drive the mower onto a very flat surface.

Then take a 6" wooden stick ruler or something similar to measure from the tips of the blades.

Provided your blades are straight, this will give you the correct measurements.

Turn the side blades so they are like this first (-- / -- )
Then measure at the blade tip on each side to determine if it is level side to side.
Always spin the blade 180 and measure at the other tip too in order to be sure of the blades.

If not equal measurements, adjust it until it is level "per the manual".

Once you have it level, position the blades like this ( l / l )
Then measure the tips on the right and left in the front and back.
Adjust to make the rear tips about 1/4" higher than in the front.

Scag48
03-24-2007, 04:34 PM
Envy nailed it, you need to level the deck left and right, front to back.

tnpete
03-24-2007, 10:20 PM
Thanks for the great Info. I will try that and see what Happens.
Thanks again.
Pete

The best thing to do is set the PSI even and where it needs to be in the tires.

Then drive the mower onto a very flat surface.

Then take a 6" wooden stick ruler or something similar to measure from the tips of the blades.

Provided your blades are straight, this will give you the correct measurements.

Turn the side blades so they are like this first (-- / -- )
Then measure at the blade tip on each side to determine if it is level side to side.
Always spin the blade 180 and measure at the other tip too in order to be sure of the blades.

If not equal measurements, adjust it until it is level "per the manual".

Once you have it level, position the blades like this ( l / l )
Then measure the tips on the right and left in the front and back.
Adjust to make the rear tips about 1/4" higher than in the front.

Envy Lawn Service
03-25-2007, 12:22 AM
Thanks for the great Info. I will try that and see what Happens.
Thanks again.
Pete

No problem Pete,

Come back and see us and let us know what you found.