PDA

View Full Version : what does everyone think of front mounted dethatchers??

ojpent
03-19-2007, 06:54 PM
I sent my mowing contracts and added to my list of services dethatching to see if anyone would sign on to have this done, and I was wondering if anyone uses JRCO front mounted dethatcher unit? Is there another company that makes theses units or is it just JRCO? I would appreciate any help thanks!!:)

Dean of Green
03-19-2007, 08:26 PM
I have been happy with my dethatcher attachment. I bought it last year.......did one yard(bought it because I had a customer request dethatching). I have Walker and bought the front dethatcher attachment that Walker sells(only costs around $200). I have done about 6 yards this year. It works great.

cantoo
03-19-2007, 08:40 PM
Heres some pictures of the foot pedal I put on my Walker dethatcher. The pics are kind of crappy because they were scanned and are from 2001 before digital was invented in Canada. It works really good. You don't need a lot of foot pressure to lift it and the trip is the same. No hands needed. I will take some new pics this weekend so everyone can see better.
http://www.lawnsite.com/showthread.php?t=18320&highlight=dethatcher

ojpent
03-19-2007, 10:22 PM
thanks for the info I have a new 2007 ferris IS 1500Z, so it ahould out okay thanks for the input guys

LwnmwrMan22
03-19-2007, 11:56 PM
I wouldn't be without my JRCO dethatcher.

I've been running them since about 2000, even on the fronts of walkbehinds.

Life saver when you're doing a spring cleanup on a property that wasn't done the previous fall, with leaves stuck to the turf.

Just go along, with the dethatcher just skimming the surface, loosening the leaves and wha-la, everything is just as clean as a whistle.

dcondon
03-20-2007, 12:34 AM
We have a JARCO also and it works very good. I think you would be happy with one.:)

walkermowers
03-20-2007, 06:41 AM
i have found that on the original handle that comes on the walker dethatcher, if you just rest your foot on the tip of the handle it makes it dig in alot better kinda like what you installed on your. good thinking on your part. we dethatch every fescue yard we areate every fall and it makes a huge difference.

RandyS
03-20-2007, 10:38 AM
We have a JRCO dethatcher and a dump from the seat vac on our Ferris zero turn. A real time saver and money maker.