PDA

View Full Version : Kawasaki WILL NOT start!!!!!!!!!

Grits
03-19-2007, 09:21 PM
I ran my 48 WB out of gas today. Whoops! I put gas in it and now it won't start. It was a b!tch to get on the trailer. Any ideas on why it won't star? Thanks.

It's a Kaw 15

ed2hess
03-19-2007, 09:45 PM
Try shooting some quick start into the carb after taking off the cleaner.

Grits
03-19-2007, 10:06 PM
Try shooting some quick start into the carb after taking off the cleaner.

I did. It'll bust off, but then dies after burning off the quick start.

C&K
03-19-2007, 10:15 PM
What kind of mower is it? The reason I ask is that it could be something like the plug on a gear box or brake switch etc. Also you might check a plug to see if it fouled out when it ran on low fuel.

Grits
03-19-2007, 10:28 PM
What kind of mower is it? The reason I ask is that it could be something like the plug on a gear box or brake switch etc. Also you might check a plug to see if it fouled out when it ran on low fuel.

I don't think it is a safety switch somewhere because it will run for a second on the quick start. I will check the plugs and also make sure it is getting fuel.

C&K
03-19-2007, 10:35 PM
I have a husqvarna wb w/ 15hp kaw. I couldn't get it started one time and checked the gear and plug on the gear box(looked fine) and the ign switch....it ended up being the plug on the gear box was loose. While trying to start it I used some starting fluid and the compression would make it sputter a second like it wanted to start.

Let me know what you find out in case I run across the same problem in the future.

Grits
03-19-2007, 11:19 PM
I have a husqvarna wb w/ 15hp kaw. I couldn't get it started one time and checked the gear and plug on the gear box(looked fine) and the ign switch....it ended up being the plug on the gear box was loose. While trying to start it I used some starting fluid and the compression would make it sputter a second like it wanted to start.

Let me know what you find out in case I run across the same problem in the future.

Interesting....my mower is a Husqvarna. I have had to adjust the blade engagement switch in the past. This time, I pulled the bowl off the carb and sprayed cleaner in the carb. Put it back together and it started first pull. IDK, could have been trash from he bottom of the tank. I will keep that gear box plug in mind for next time though.

jeffex
03-20-2007, 06:37 AM
fill the tank then remove fuel line at fuel filter to clear air pocket in fuel line. the spray starter fluid into carb and start. You may have to remove line at carb. Just pull it off and let some fuel flow and you should be good. running out of gas is the culprit. I had the junk in the bowl deal last year and it blocked the fuel shut off in the bowl and flooded the carb big time

ed2hess
03-20-2007, 08:03 PM
Glad to hear you got it going....can be a real fustration sometimes. I had a situation where some water/gump got slushed around as I was loading onto the trailer and unit wouldn't start on next job. I had to pull the carb and there was a bunch of built up crude. Take me about two tries to get all the stuff out of tank.