PDA

View Full Version : Help with advertising

mulchmaster
03-19-2007, 09:21 PM
Would someone help me out? I am sending out 3000 postcards in a day or so to my target neighborhoods. I would like to do somthing with the newspaper, just for the numbers. I know I will have a better call ratio with the post cards, but I feel that I need to run somthing with the paper. I would like to score some 60 -80 accounts this spring and feel this would be a good way. My prolbem is do I send a flyer insert, an ad in classifieds, or an regular ad in the paper?

Thanks, Andrew

Precision
03-19-2007, 10:44 PM
Would someone help me out? I am sending out 3000 postcards in a day or so to my target neighborhoods. I would like to do somthing with the newspaper, just for the numbers. I know I will have a better call ratio with the post cards, but I feel that I need to run somthing with the paper. I would like to score some 60 -80 accounts this spring and feel this would be a good way. My prolbem is do I send a flyer insert, an ad in classifieds, or an regular ad in the paper?

Thanks, Andrew

unless your paper has a tiny circulation, you are broadcast advertising.
Unless you want to be running all over, my suggestion is get some door hangers and prepare to do some serious walking.

3000 postcards should generate 30-50 calls and between 5-15 accts depending on how good the postcard is and how cheap you are.

inserts will be seen as they fall out on the floor. only problem is, the often get scooped right into the trash. They are also very expensive, so are regular ads.

classifieds are cheap. But in my opinion smack of desperation or unlicensed contractors, but that is just a personal (and probably wrong) opinion. Some people have great success with them, or so it seems.

mulchmaster
03-20-2007, 09:40 AM
I just talked to the local newspaper, a small local paper you have to subscribe to, and it looks like the prices for a flyer insert aren't too bad. It sounds like $45 per 1000 and they provide the flyer. Has anyone done flyer inserts with any luck?

Andrew

smarino21
03-20-2007, 12:46 PM
yea it did good. It paid for it self Plus more so thats all you can ask for.

Raven386
03-21-2007, 02:16 AM
ive already gotten 5 calls from my website and i havent even put out doorhangers yet. just listed it in Yahoo Local.

Raven386
03-21-2007, 02:17 AM
I did Yahoo Local's free one , and i think i come up 2nd or 3rd when you search Lawn Care in Stratford, CT