PDA

View Full Version : Complaints about Gas prices!

baruch05167
03-19-2007, 10:59 PM
Am I the only one sick of hearing people complain about gas prices? As if you can do anything about it?

When I run my financial statements, gas for equipment is very very low on the percentage, and gas for the trucks isn't so bad either.

Travel time is the killer. I do property management companies, and some will have a property 40 minutes out of the way. Since they give me 60 other properties, no problem, but it's the travel time (two employees sitting in a truck for 40 minutes getting paid to drive) that costs me money. The gas is incidental when you look at the financial statement.

Or am I the crazy one?

Baruch

bullethead
03-20-2007, 09:59 AM
I agree - when you look at the big picture - fuel costs are not that big of a percentage of total costs.

stumpslawncare
03-20-2007, 11:45 AM
I agree, but remember some people just have to have something to complain about.

sildoc
03-20-2007, 11:51 AM
With the quick rise this year in fuel prices it was a perfect opportunity to raise prices. I have raised most 5-10% and have yet to have a cancelation.

Vikings
03-20-2007, 05:18 PM
You Americans are lucky.

Here in Canada, we are self sufficient in oil but we are still paying a buck a litre.

I just tell myself that all the other companys are in the same boat...may the best man win. Plus it makes me feel good to think that the higher the gas price the faster technology will produce a hybrid 3/4 ton truck:)