PDA

View Full Version : Thrilled with my new mower

Rons Rightway Lawncare
03-19-2007, 11:10 PM
How many times do you hear that? Not often enough I bet!

I bought a new mower last week, a Husky EZ4217 rider..... I bought it to do the back yards on a few of my properties that have fenced in yards with gates too narrow to fit my 61 inch Scag through.

In the past I have used - since I started in lawncare back in 1994 - a 36 inch walkbehind. First I had a Encore belt drive 36", then traded up to a Hydro drive Encore 36 ", then sold it and for the last 2 or 3 years I used a 36" Scag belt drive....

I DREADED those yards..... I HATED to mow half a yard and then to have to park the big mower and go back to the trailer to grab the 36 to do the other half.

I HATED just simply using the walkbehind. The Encores didn't have a good cut, and the belt drive Scag - even with a velkie - was too much of a workout manhandling it around.... I will NEVER EVER EVER NEVER own another belt drive mower period!

I even considered on several occasions, sending my customers a note telling them to widen the gates or find a new lawnservice.....

I had considered buying a cheap 2500$ small rider, like they sell at Home depot, but the cheap construction on those units was obvious and I feared I would be buying a POS... and then my dealer was telling me about this 4217 he had he wanted to sell cheap and I went up and looked at it last week, and then took my tape measure out to some of those gates and found that Yeap.... a 42 incher WILL fit through the gate!

So 4000$ later I am the proud owner of a Orange and black Husky and I just can't be happier!

It does a amazing job cutting. One of the best cutting mowers I have ever used... and it is easy to manuver and so far it seems to be gentle on the turf, no tire spinning or rips in the lawn from turns etc....

On a few accounts I went ahead and used it to do the front and back, and it wasn't much slower than the 61 at that.

Anyway, if any of you guys are sick of your 36 inch walkbehinds, check out the EZ4217, you may end up happy for a change like me!