PDA

View Full Version : Company Logo's

JayD
03-20-2007, 10:22 AM
My question to you guys is: When you had your logo designed, do you put in just your name and slogan/tagline, or do you add your phone number into it and what about Residental-Commercial- Insured?
OR.......do you just have that info added later to it. The reason I'm asking, I'm having designers working on mine and the first one said that you want to keep it plain and you can add that info at a later time. I want to know when you have some one make your logo, for like your truck,and you only have the simple logo ( your name,slogan ) can they add to it easy with out a lot more cost? I hope that I am making sense here.
Thank you for your reply's.
Jay

LawnSharks
03-21-2007, 08:16 AM
It's best to start with just the logo portion. This is the expensive toime consuming part. Text, like phone numbers, services provided etc can always be added later. I do alot of my own flyers, door hangers wtc. myself and I had my graphic artist design the logo and then I can use it for just about anything. For instance, if we are running a special or announcement for aereating, I've already got everything I need. I simply insert the jpeg or bmp and then type away with the pertinent text.
Good luck

LawnSharks
03-21-2007, 08:18 AM
JayD,
Left off this part. If they design the logo with text included, they will save that entire bitmap as one image. You will not be able to edit or change it unless you have the appropriate editing software. If they give you just the graphic logo, you're free to do whatever.
Again, good luck

JayD
03-21-2007, 10:22 AM
JayD,
Left off this part. If they design the logo with text included, they will save that entire bitmap as one image. You will not be able to edit or change it unless you have the appropriate editing software. If they give you just the graphic logo, you're free to do whatever.
Again, good luck

OK, thanks for taking time for input.
Jay

procut
03-21-2007, 01:05 PM
When I had mine done, the graphic artist gave me three differant copies. One with just the name and logo, one with the name logo and tagline, and one with the logo, address and phone number.

JayD
03-21-2007, 03:49 PM
When I had mine done, the graphic artist gave me three differant copies. One with just the name and logo, one with the name logo and tagline, and one with the logo, address and phone number.

Oh really, thats a thought that i didn't think of. I will have to ask about that. Thank you for that info.
JayD:usflag:

machsixer
03-21-2007, 04:06 PM
I too though about hiring a logo designer but after much indecision I thought I'd just design it myself. I went on Ebay and eventually bought a program for a grand total of $6 dollars! I can alter and design as many logos as I want and even save/export them to whatever file/image format I want. Here's a current auction for the one I bought. It works great for me.......
http://cgi.ebay.com/Professional-easy-to-use-logo-creating-creator-software_W0QQitemZ130090729162QQcategoryZ1251QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Here's my website with the logo on the top of the main page.......http://www.mikeandtheboyslawncare.com/1.html

It's my first design so I'm sure I'll get better as time moves on.....hope this helps!

vtscaper
03-22-2007, 12:08 AM
I agree with Lawn Sharks keep it simple with just the logo. This way you can easily apply it to many mediums.