PDA

View Full Version : Lawn crews

Edgewater
03-20-2007, 11:35 AM
For those of you that send out lawn crews.

What kind of paper work do they carry? What king of info do you have them record.

Just wondering what everyone uses as a system.

Adam

smarino21
03-20-2007, 11:44 AM
usually they get a list at the begining of the week (or day) and have them record the time start and complete. In the beging they need to have a routed through map quest or something but i no theres a better way then that.

F&SLawnCo
03-20-2007, 12:11 PM
My partner (who happens to be my brother) and I train each one of our new employees for at least 4 weeks. The last week, we let them drive , do all the talking, purchase the fuel, etc. If they are not able to do so then we stay with them another week. I usually don,t give anyone there own crew until they have been with us quite awhile. We are not a huge company, only 8 employees and 3 crews (2 of which are headed up by myself and my brother) so that makes it a little easier for us too. We have also used mapquest. We also have a huge map in our shop (sort of like you see at a pizza delivery place) that has all of our accounts marked with color coded push pins for each route. Our guys, have a smaller version in the trucks.