PDA

View Full Version : How I motivate Matt....

1MajorTom
03-20-2007, 03:10 PM
I came home today and said, "ok, i just bought you 150 bottles of powerade, that should last you a few months." he says, "WHAT, how much did you spend on them?" I said, "don't you worry, they are all in the trunk, it's your job to carry them in the basement and stack them up."

I found the 32 oz bottles of Poweraid for a quarter piece. 150 bottles and that's only $37.50, dirt cheap. I bought every last one of them, they were reduced down, and don't expire until Nov 2007. I felt very funny though, like people were staring at me as i loaded them up into the cart. :hammerhead:

I told him now he better be ready for the season to start, now that i got him some drinks. With a week of 60 degree temperatures coming up, the season is really close.

Who's ready, or who is wishing it is still winter?

jcantrell
03-20-2007, 03:38 PM
Thats a great deal! I probobly spent $25/wk or more last season on that stuff.

lowballer17
03-20-2007, 03:45 PM
the runs last season.

Woody82986
03-20-2007, 03:52 PM
I wish I could find a deal like that. I normally just drink water and take salt tablets while I am working, but for that price I don't see how anyone could pass that up. Unless of course, you don't like that flavor... haha

Dano50
03-20-2007, 04:02 PM
I am seriously addicted to that stuff. If I saw a deal like that I'd be breaking out the credit card and getting shaky with anticipation.

Maybe I should start a support group. :help:

DUSTYCEDAR
03-20-2007, 04:11 PM
here i thought it would be a hot pic:confused:

rodfather
03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
Holy Christmas...how big was the cart???

topsites
03-20-2007, 04:17 PM
If it wasn't for a minor money issue beginning to come around, I could easily zzzz some more lol

It'll be ok thou, btw that's a really awesome deal you got on the ade.

Envy Lawn Service
03-20-2007, 04:20 PM
I used to love the Gatorade and Powerade.

Can't have the stuff anymore though... diabetes...

I slip the Propel sports water though...
Total Carbohydrate 3 g

Dano50
03-20-2007, 04:23 PM
I used to love the Gatorade and Powerade.

Can't have the stuff anymore though... diabetes...

I slip the Propel sports water though...
Total Carbohydrate 3 g

How is that stuff? It's the sugar content I don't like with the Ade drinks.

Envy Lawn Service
03-20-2007, 04:53 PM
How is that stuff? It's the sugar content I don't like with the Ade drinks.

It's GREAT... and only 2 g of sugar from the 3 g of carbs.

I burn that off in an instance working... and sometime it helps me stay up.

I feel great when I drink it too.
My taste buds just get bored of the same type of drinks is all...
And it's expensive.

Dano50
03-20-2007, 05:03 PM
It's GREAT... and only 2 g of sugar from the 3 g of carbs.

I burn that off in an instance working... and sometime it helps me stay up.

I feel great when I drink it too.
My taste buds just get bored of the same type of drinks is all...
And it's expensive.

Thanks, I'll give it a try. My wife has been trying to get me to drink something else for months. :laugh:

LindblomRJ
03-20-2007, 05:08 PM
If it wasn't for a minor money issue beginning to come around, I could easily zzzz some more lol

It'll be ok thou, btw that's a really awesome deal you got on the ade.

Sell your tire balancer. You will be money ahead for a long time. Unless you plan to open a tire shop.

Thats a darn good purchase. Should last most of the season.

hotrodsnapper
03-20-2007, 05:33 PM

Just a thought, you all might ought to try and see if you can get a store to sell ade to you in bulk. I've bought a case of hamburgers from a mom and pop restaurant one time for like $50, it would have been at least $150 from Kroger. I asked them about it just kinda in passing, and the owner added a case to his next order. He added a couple of bucks to his cost for his time, but it worked out good for both of us.

Somebody ought to try this at a little convienience store--and let everyone here know how it goes. If you look at how much you spend on drinks in a week and multiply that by the number of hot weeks you work, that's got to be a lot of money!

1MajorTom
03-20-2007, 05:53 PM
Holy Christmas...how big was the cart???

ha ha, it was just average size. I had to put 2 underneath, and the other 8 cases in it, but the last 2 were wobbling on the top, so I had to keep one hand on them as I pushed the cart. Ya I felt kinda embarrassed, this was back on a pallet back by the meat dept, and I felt the meat guys eyes watching me as I tried to load that all in. :dizzy:

rodfather
03-20-2007, 05:56 PM
Damn Jodi, that must have weighed alot...next time buy it by the 55 gallon barrel for Matt with a hand syphon :laugh:

cantoo
03-20-2007, 06:08 PM
You should have just told everyone "it tastes great with vodka".
Let me guess you got a coupon with a pair of shoes you bought?

lawntimenosee
03-20-2007, 07:34 PM
What a great deal! :drinkup:

Where did you buy them.. Big box store or somewhere only local?

txgrassguy
03-20-2007, 08:45 PM
Perhaps Matt would have been happier with Guiness or New Castle Brown Ale:drinkup:

My crews and I have tried all sorts of electrolyte drinks yet always return to plain old R.O. water with lots of ice. I installed a five filter R.O. system in my maintenance facility with a eight gallon pressure vessel so we can fill three five gallon water jugs each day.

1MajorTom
03-20-2007, 08:54 PM
What a great deal! :drinkup:

Where did you buy them.. Big box store or somewhere only local?
Just a local grocery store.

meathead1134
03-20-2007, 09:32 PM
I came home today and said, "ok, i just bought you 150 bottles of powerade, that should last you a few months." he says, "WHAT, how much did you spend on them?" I said, "don't you worry, they are all in the trunk, it's your job to carry them in the basement and stack them up."

I found the 32 oz bottles of Poweraid for a quarter piece. 150 bottles and that's only $37.50, dirt cheap. I bought every last one of them, they were reduced down, and don't expire until Nov 2007. I felt very funny though, like people were staring at me as i loaded them up into the cart. :hammerhead:

I told him now he better be ready for the season to start, now that i got him some drinks. With a week of 60 degree temperatures coming up, the season is really close.

Who's ready, or who is wishing it is still winter?

I wish they had that deal with gatorade, one time last season just prior to 4th of july I gave a customer a business card and 2 empty bottles fell out. He asked me if I was a spoke's person for gatorade. I ended up counting the number of bottles I had 27 empties in the cab of my truck

J&R Landscaping
03-20-2007, 09:44 PM

Just a thought, you all might ought to try and see if you can get a store to sell ade to you in bulk. I've bought a case of hamburgers from a mom and pop restaurant one time for like $50, it would have been at least $150 from Kroger. I asked them about it just kinda in passing, and the owner added a case to his next order. He added a couple of bucks to his cost for his time, but it worked out good for both of us.

Somebody ought to try this at a little convienience store--and let everyone here know how it goes. If you look at how much you spend on drinks in a week and multiply that by the number of hot weeks you work, that's got to be a lot of money!

Might not be exactly what you are talking about but you can get gatorade by the skid for a discount price at sams club or BJ's.

There is a local amish owned store that sells the cases of 20 oz bottles for like $5 or 6. When ever I am up at my uncles (upstate PA), I always stop at the store, grab some lunch meat and several cases to bring home with me.

ECS
03-20-2007, 09:57 PM
I would love to find a deal like that on Gatorade. The Powerade goes right through me when I drink it. Not a good thing!

Woody82986
03-20-2007, 10:16 PM
I wish they had that deal with gatorade, one time last season just prior to 4th of july I gave a customer a business card and 2 empty bottles fell out. He asked me if I was a spoke's person for gatorade. I ended up counting the number of bottles I had 27 empties in the cab of my truck

And I thought my 13 empty water bottles in my back seat was pretty bad...

stuffdeer
03-20-2007, 10:44 PM
Everything you guys are mentioning are Extremely Tastey. However, I have a 5 gallon "Bubba Keg" with the thing at the bottom to dispense the water through.

I find that half filled with Ice, and topped off with water, Is perfect for me. Last the next two days.

If I feel like I did good that day, I'll stop a the store after I'm done with everything and buy me a Jones Soda Fufu Berry.

Uranus
03-20-2007, 11:20 PM
and buy me a Jones Soda Fufu Berry.

Couldn't you buy yourself something that sounds a little more manly

tacoma200
03-21-2007, 12:10 AM
My customers try to bring me Bud lite (or Miller lite) thinking they are doing me a favor. I usually put it in the storage bin when there not looking.

Envy Lawn Service
03-21-2007, 12:32 AM
My customers try to bring me Bud lite (or Miller lite) thinking they are doing me a favor. I usually put it in the storage bin when there not looking.

OK at the end of the day... during 'cool-down' or with a meal...

I try to drink one a day, but it doesn't happen, despite the fact I mean to and like beer.

tacoma200
03-21-2007, 12:38 AM
OK at the end of the day... during 'cool-down' or with a meal...

I try to drink one a day, but it doesn't happen, despite the fact I mean to and like beer.

No, they usually offer them (beers) to me in the middle of the day and would keep them coming if I let them. I'm not knocking anyone else if they want to blow the frost off a couple. I'm quite sure several lawn care guys here pack their own or are mowing to get some.

Envy Lawn Service
03-21-2007, 12:51 AM
No, they usually offer them (beers) to me in the middle of the day and would keep them coming if I let them. I'm not knocking anyone else if they want to blow the frost off a couple.

Yeah, I know what you mean...

They think "hot work" (which I appreciate) "cold beer" (which I also appreciate).

But I'm at work and beer is the last thing I want to drink while in the field.
I'm concerned with hydration... not frosties...

When I'm done for the day, and get home... then I might have a beer.

Runner
03-21-2007, 01:11 AM
Oh-oh......you obviously are uninformed....You said the expiration date is 11/07? That is the batch series. I can't believe that stuff was still out on the floor. Where did you get that? PLEASE tell me that you have not drank any yet!!!!
www.cocacola/powerade/recall.com .

1MajorTom
03-21-2007, 04:36 PM
Oh-oh......you obviously are uninformed....You said the expiration date is 11/07? That is the batch series. I can't believe that stuff was still out on the floor. Where did you get that? PLEASE tell me that you have not drank any yet!!!!
www.cocacola/powerade/recall.com .
ssshhhh, quiet now, if Matt reads this, he'll really be thinking about why I put the papers in front of him to sign for additional life insurance. ;)