PDA

View Full Version : Customer Service (Off topic)....

mattfromNY
03-20-2007, 03:26 PM
Maybe I'm just ranting and being a whine a$$, but I really cant believe my day so far.
I sat down with the new advertising guy at the local paper Friday to set up a spring ad. He was great to work with, had all kinds of ideas, etc., said he'd e-mail me a proof. This morning I get the proof, its ALL wrong, missing half of what we talked about. He claims he never heard me say this or that, but I sat right there and watched him write it all down, and draw up the ad on paper:dizzy: ..... his drawing was just what I wanted. This morning he argued with me to tell me the proof is how I wanted it. After a lengthy discussion, he finally agreed to change a few things. Now I'm waiting for another proof. :hammerhead:
Last month I get a rather high cell phone bill from Cingular. I called them today to see about splitting the bill to pay half this month and half next month (After I got the bill, I signed up for a much higher minute plan, so I wouldn't go over on my minutes any more)... They dont 'loan' money is what I am told. I speak with two seperate mgrs. and dont get anywhere. Now the conversation is getting VERY heated on my end. I have been with Cingular since 2001 and have NEVER had a late payment, I ask for one grievance, one time, and I cant get any help. I'm at wits end. I can and have gone to my electric co., my cable co., my local bank, etc. to get a little help if needed, I've always paid according to the schedule they set up, and everyone is happy. Not so with Cingular.... I might just cancel my service with them.
WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?!?!:confused: :confused:
Is it just me, or has customer service gone the way of the passenger pigeon?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

lawnspecialties
03-20-2007, 05:12 PM
........WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO CUSTOMER SERVICE?!?!:confused: :confused:
Is it just me, or has customer service gone the way of the passenger pigeon?!? :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

Too many BIG companies just don't care about keeping customers. They just want the quick buck.

When I went over my minutes BIGTIME with Nextel last September, I gave them a call. Very similar situation to your's as I've been with them since '98. But, with phone number portability nowadays, I was very nice but they knew I'd drop them like a hot rock if I couldn't get some help. I went ahead and upgraded my phone and signed a new contract with them, and they credited my account over $100 for the extra charges. :)

supercuts
03-21-2007, 08:11 AM
i had a similar experience getting business cards made up, for no reason they changed fronts, colors, wording, i was pissed. then after all that they gave me a written quote, i finally had them made, went in to get them and the price was nearly double!! i showed them the written quote and he just told they had messed up and that wasn't the price. i said good luck trying to find another daricek landscaping with my phone number to sell them too!

for your 2nd part, if you cant afford a cell phone bill id hessitate placing an add. what if you dont get work from it, now you cant afford your 2nd half the phone bill plus advertising fees. going above your means is the cause of failures in LCO's.

salandscape
03-22-2007, 11:15 AM
I've had it with companies that can't do what they say they will do, or don't care to solve an issue for a client! If any of us ran our companies this way we'd be out of business! Yet I continue to run into small vendors that just don't care, tell you one thing then fail to deliver, and do this consistantly! I have no patience for this.

This year I'm stressing accountablity, each lawn will need each area signed off on, weedwacking, blowing mowing etc. And the foreman then signs off on the whole thing. May be a little cumbersome but I feel it is necessary. I am alos planning on tieing in paid lunches to go with customer statisfaction, hitting budgeted times.

I am trying to grow from one crew ran by myself to two run by a foreman. i am petrified of letting customer services drop!

RedWingsDet
03-22-2007, 12:24 PM
Same thing happened with me from nextel. I was billed $600 because I went way over my minutes, which I knew, but I only thought it would be like $50 over my regular monthly bill, and my regular plan is $120. I talked to them about the issue and they only made me pay $130 total. So I only paid $10 for going over like 3,000 minutes. lol. You just gotta tell them that you will drop their service and they usually will give you a good deal.

People do it with AOL all the time, I know some people who have had 2 years of free aol because every 3 months they tell them to cancel their service and then they come back saying they will give them another 3 months free. Kind of stupid on their part, lol.

Can I Mow Your Lawn?
03-22-2007, 01:07 PM
Customer service is TERRIBLE with most fortune 500 companies who deal with consumers.

They do it intentionally. They don't want it to be easy for their clients to call and take up their representative's time. So, they make us talk to computers and punch numbers for a solid 3 to 5 minutes before we're even placed in queue.

No telling how many dropped calls they get from that little game...billing goes on for a few more months on the HBO package even though the client attempted to cancel but ran out of time or patience.

It works. I won't call CS unless I know I have a clear window of 30 minutes available.

It all boils down to merger mania. US consumers have fewer choices due to mergers and acquisitions. ESPECIALLY with cellular phone service. We used to have DOZENS of choices for cellular but now there are maybe 5 at most.

Then again, Southwest Airlines doesn't play these games and they are making a killing in the airline industry. You call them, they answer the phone. No talking to computers or pressing buttons first. They just answer. It is REAL cool and I ALWAYS fly SW if they go where I am headed.

Later,
Can I Mow Your Lawn?

BSME
03-23-2007, 12:23 AM
1st... I don't blame you for this. I try similar things... we're all out looking to save a couple bucks..

my only problem is the people on here that complain constantly about PITA customers (not saying you are one) when they do it themselves... people on this board take things so personally when their customers compare their prices to a flyer they got in mailbox.... why wouldnt they try to get their services cheaper? It's worth a try.

I learned that when customers bich about price to not let it worry me... it's business

Same thing happened with me from nextel. I was billed $600 because I went way over my minutes, which I knew, but I only thought it would be like $50 over my regular monthly bill, and my regular plan is $120. I talked to them about the issue and they only made me pay $130 total. So I only paid $10 for going over like 3,000 minutes. lol. You just gotta tell them that you will drop their service and they usually will give you a good deal.

People do it with AOL all the time, I know some people who have had 2 years of free aol because every 3 months they tell them to cancel their service and then they come back saying they will give them another 3 months free. Kind of stupid on their part, lol.

mattfromNY
03-24-2007, 08:18 AM
Just for the record, Daricek, I can afford my bills. Never been late. Never missed a payment. Any of them, from any creditor. Period.
I try to maintain a budget, two actually, one for home bills and one for the business. What I was trying to do (maybe I should have specified in my first post), was stay closer to my budget $$ for the month, and by splitting the bill, I could have acheived this. I understand that all the low lifes that dont pay their bills have ruined customer service for the rest of us. If I was Cingular, I'd be gun shy about working out payments with someone with a poor track record of paying, but Their computer system shows that I've actually paid EARLY every month since 2001.