PDA

View Full Version : WB Wheel Removal

TNLC owners
03-20-2007, 04:41 PM
I'm looking for a little help here. I would like to replace the tires on my 36" Gravely Belt Drive WB. However, I'm having trouble removing the wheels from the unit. On the left hand side, there is a large nut that I've tried to remove, but it just turns and turns and I can't get it off. On the other side, there was a snap ring and a washer which I also removed but neighter wheel will come off. I'm sure there is something basic that I'm overlooking here. Any help would be appreciated. I thought this little project will be simple, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks Again.

jbell113
03-20-2007, 04:49 PM
It is probably a keyed shaft. There is a small block of metal that fits between the wheel hub and the shaft. May need to use a puller. Would give more detailed instructions but dont have time.

snapper
03-23-2007, 10:13 PM
if you are still trying, you have to hold the axle underneath, and the unscrew the nut. The other side remove snap ring and washer. To get the wheel off remove belt or belts, make sure the brake band is slacked off and wiggle jiggle it off.. hope it helps.. chris

txgrassguy
03-23-2007, 11:12 PM
Nope, the easiest way to remove a Gravely WB rear wheel is as follows:
1. With the machine on the ground, grasp the drive axle shaft with a large pair of channel locks.
2. Loosen, DO NOT REMOVE the large nut.
3. Release the snap ring on the opposite side.
4. Lift the rear of the machine.
5. With the transmission in neutral, brakes off simply rotate the snap ring side tire off.
6. Once this tire is off, pull out the axle shaft and remove the remaining tire.
The only possible problem you may run into is with the drive belts, just work the first tire off, follow the steps I out lined then remove the second tire.

For me this process works well, I remove tires from my belt drive walk behinds a whole bunch during the year to patch the freaking Mesquite Thorn holes my crews seem to accumulate.