PDA

View Full Version : Another Trailer Brake Question

ed2hess
03-20-2007, 07:20 PM
This time I replaced the entire brake backplate assembly and the wheel hubs. Well I got brakes....but they are grappy. I adjusted my controller down ALL the way but they still grab when you tap them lightly. Do you think I can stop this by adjusting the bands away from the hub a little. I hate taking off the hubs to adjust brakes but just can't seem to get thru that little hole on the back side.

02powerstroke
03-20-2007, 07:38 PM
Are you sure its not the contoller on the truck?

patpls
03-20-2007, 08:46 PM
Are you pulling the trailer loaded and they grab? Or are you empty? The pads are brand new so may take some work to bed them in.

ed2hess
03-20-2007, 11:39 PM
Are you pulling the trailer loaded and they grab? Or are you empty? The pads are brand new so may take some work to bed them in.

They grab with trailer loaded(worse unloaded)and we probably got 300 stops on them. The brakes do this with controllers on two different trucks.:confused:

02powerstroke
03-20-2007, 11:59 PM
I would deff adjust the shoes away from the drum then, I did this on my trailer a few months ago when I packed my bearings. You have the brakes ware the adjuster and a spring is at about 6 o clock?