PDA

View Full Version : Install Price

fredski119
03-20-2007, 08:48 PM
I HAVE A 20,000 SQUARE FOOT INSTALL JOB THAT NEEDS ROCKHOUNDING AND POWER RAKING WITH TOPSOIL BEING ADDED TO. AM LOOKING TO SUB THE HYDROSEEDING I CALL ONE GUY HE SAID 1200 TO 1500 IS THIS A GOOD PRICE? ALSO WHAT WOULD YOU GUYS CHARGE FOR A INSTALL JOB LIKE THIS? ANY ADVICE WOULD BE HELPFUL THANKS! :drinkup:

clarcon
03-21-2007, 05:44 PM
That number is about the right price range on the hydroseeding. What is a good price in one market may not work in another and many factors will go into pricing the rest of that job. For example: Is the site graded and you just need to add top soil or do you need to grade the subsoil as well? How many loads of top soil? You mention rockhounding which suggests rocks, how many loads need hauled out and how far is the trip to dump them? If you can working by the hour on the prep work can be better than trying to use some magical formula per sq. ft. to come up with a price. All that said I have a hard time being able to sell it that way and find that I always lose money on the prep end of the job. Money may not be an issue though where you are at and you can get a good price to do the prep work and then sub out the hydroseeding. Typically on a job that size I can sell at .10 to .12 cents per sq ft with out top soil and minimal grading work needed. Residential work is cheap around here and if the yard is much bigger than that it gets too expensive. I just got a call on a 1-1/2 acre job that I bid prep and hydroseed for .055 cents sq ft pond on site to pull water and he said it was much higher than they expected and would seed it themselves. I guess I should have offered to pay him to let me do the work. Sorry for the rant.

Craig